Suggestion: Blacksmithing?

As players like myself can attest, Blacksmithing can be a very nice addition to a game. Sure, the beginning levels are a bit of a grind, but master-level blacksmiths in many different games can forge weapons that are better than any mob drop. Not sure what you guys think about it, but its a very simple concept that could really help quite a few players find their niche in the game.

Would love to get your feedback on such an idea! I know artificers will be existing, but I’m not sure if they’ll be an all-around crafting class, an examiner, things of that nature.

3 Likes

Personally, I also want blacksmithing to be in the game, where it requires you to go out and get ore for weapons and armor. Let’s say artificer crafts weapons for rune mage and ranger, and blacksmith makes weapons for musketeers, and warriors

3 Likes

That being said, I’ve noticed from their post about artificers that putting together gadgets and toys will be like doing a 3D puzzle. Personally, I could see blacksmithing being somewhat similar, as there’s a decent amount of steps to make a quality weapon. Plus, blacksmiths could also do maintenence on weapons (If the devs decide to implement that) It would be a great way to help improve group play, as then you could have an artificer and blacksmith that the guild or town visits, who repairs armor and weapons for them.

Plus, I think blacksmithing in VR would come out quite nicely if they put a little work into it! I’ve found myself enjoying the blacksmith’s trade in many games, and its a great way to make a living, as well as new friends, if you don’t like fighting.

3 Likes

This is something that I would love to see. Being able to make high tier weapons and armor for players is something that I am also interested in. I have played Craft Keep VR for a few hours, which was fun to begin with but the repetitive nature of it soon got a bit boring. Not to mention the grumbling customers!
The ability to create these items in your own way, whether you could make each item look slightly different or customize them with upgrades or both, would be awesome.
Some sort of player housing or shop system could also help here if you could get things like furnaces, anvils and other tools that can be used to create weapons and armor (I’m sure that this has been mentioned or thought of before).
Riley has said that artificing may be part of the game during alpha and I can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

Exactly what I’m suggesting! You could end up in a town somewhere, build a little blacksmithing shop, and there you go! You’ll be making friends with everyone who passes through, because most everyone who’s worth their salt will want to have their items repaired. They bring it to a blacksmith, who repairs it for them and at the same time, your helping the economy. Someone mined resources in a dungeon not far from town and stops by the shop? They can try to sell the resources to the smith so they can work on more things. The smith makes new weapons, new armors, stuff better than what you could find on your own, people want that kind of thing and you’ve got a great friend who can provide it! I’ll be buying my own HTC Vive soon, and I’d be more than happy to help the devs with ideas for Blacksmithing if they’ll hear me out.

2 Likes

Yeah if they had it to where you could build a shop and basically spend all day in there. If you wanted to could upgrade the size of the building maybe and having stuff on display for people to test out before buying would just be glorious. The biggest factor for me in most games is crafting. I do my battling on the side but give me crafting and i’m golden, just have people bring me some crafting stuff even. Love all these ideas overall would just be the best time. Would also suggest like even woodcutting and crafting where you can make arrows and bows from scratch. Glad other people thought of the same ideas I was having!

1 Like

THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!! Then the game could have master blacksmiths like Lizbeth from SAO!

Every day I see things that could make this game perfect!!!

2 Likes

1 Like