Suggestion for Expert mode and all future raids

For expert mode and future raids, please make every boss require the same amount of tanks. The current raids only requires boss 1 and 4 to have 2 tanks. It is very unfair for warriors that only play warrior, it forces them to have to pick up another class and if they don’t it makes it difficult to bring them along if they don’t have an alt class. Another option would be to give warriors with small shield a buff against boss targets to they can have some decent dps compared to other classes.

4 Likes

While I agree for future raids, as it can cause issues for groups.

For expert mode it would mean redesigning 3 of the fights, wouldn’t it be better to just switch out your second tank if they don’t have/want to level a DPS class and bring another DPS in for those fights and then run the raid again with the second tank as the main tank and switch other people in/out to suit?

Riley said he was going to add new mechanics for expert mode.

That is a waste of time. The point is to run it once per week. Not having the same amount of tanks required or not having warriors being able to be viable dps is an oversight. It screws over the warriors and the whole raid if they have to run it twice. I can’t think of any other MMO’s that does this.

So for Boss 3, does that mean the Tank Sickness debuff is just being avoided by people kiting the boss around the room?

Yes, it drops off very quickly. We only used 2 tanks on the 3rd boss for our first 2 kills on normal mode, then did the kiting strategy with one tank.

Some ideas for other bosses

Boss 2 - You should have one of the adds spawn bigger with more health and hits harder that a tank is required to pick up. You could even have it if more than 1 person is near it when it blows up it kills you

Boss 3 - Make the healing debuffs last longer

Boss 5 - Either have a mini boss dethalasu spawn every x % of health that is required to be tanked or have the tank get sent to hell so the other tank can pick up the boss. (if the tank can get sent to hell, you’d have to have some code in there to prevent more than 1 warrior being sent to hell)

I would like to say though, that there are a number of major bugs still on boss 3 that make it effectively the most difficult encounter in the raid (significantly more difficult than boss 4 or 5) for groups that choose not to pre-jump out of the leap attack. Making the anti-healing debuff stacks last longer will make this even more problematic.

Major Issue #1: The boss can leap to their top aggro threat target, even if they are right next to them. So even if we have the tank by himself on the boss and everyone else in the raid clumped up to take the jump impact, sometimes the boss chooses to jump to the tank. We sometimes have the boss jump to the tank twice in a row (we call this the 1% case because it’s a 10% chance of a 10% chance, but we’ve aggregately had it happen several times). Requested adjustment: I’d expect the top aggro target (or two if it’s updated to require multiple tanks) to be immune to being selected by this mechanic.

Major Issue #2: The damage of the jump impact seems to fluctuate wildly, even when we have the entire group tightly packed. On hard mode, with 9 people present, and a T12 musket using shield orb on everyone, we can handle it fairly reliably, but if one person moves early or dies, it’s pretty much a guarantee that we’ll lose multiple people on the next jump, and this especially seems to affect runemages with their low health pool. If this gets scaled up even more for expert mode, it will only be manageable by using the unintended pre-jump tactic that trivializes the mechanic. Requested adjustment: I’d expect this damage to be scaled a bit so it’s more percentage based than absolute, and be tuned to allow survival with 8 surviving members of the raid present.

Major Issue #3: The acid pools can spawn under the floor when near the edge of the ledges, walls, or ramps, but still apply their damage. Requested adjustment: The ledge seems to not have collision that matches with the visuals, which would likely help.

As a side note, I have some data from the FPS meter on boss 4 recorded from last night, which I will try to compile tonight and post with.

1 Like

To clarify a bit, rather than kiting around the room, the tank drops the stacks in the short time it takes to run up the ramp after the jump. A frost 2 slows the boss down enough that it won’t hit the tank on the way up.

1 Like

@Riley_D https://youtu.be/3lwLFdjSVHI

To be honest though… i like the option of switching between strategies of 1 or 2 tanks. It is not a requirement to switch tanks out to be honest. Forcing 2 tanks will just mean less fellowships can run raids which is also not cool.

This doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, 2 tanks are already required for hard mode boss 1 and 4 to complete the raid. Since you are already using 2 tanks, how would requiring boss’s 2,3, and 5 make fellowships not be able to complete raids?

You’re assuming that all fellowships aren’t struggling on beating these fights. There are probably groups out there that have issues getting two good tanks to do the fights and then making all the fights need 2 tanks making the entire rest of the raid they may not be struggling on harder. That being said that doesn’t mean requiring two tanks for all fights is wrong, it may just mean that those groups need to find two good tanks in order for this content.

I think the best solution was the the 2nd one I proposed. If the intent is to have some bosses be tanked by 1 warrior and others to be tanked by 2 it would make the most sense to buff dps warriors so if someone only wants to play warrior they are still viable in the raid. So it doesn’t mess with balancing, I would think the easiest way to buff dps warriors would be to a give them a buff while they are only in 10-man dungeons when they are wearing a small shield. It would be nice to have some melee dps in these raids as I think it would add more raid awareness to these boss fights.

That is a pretty solid idea. I think that would be a cool change of pace for warriors to be able to do real damage in a fight and would be a good solution to excluding tanks from fights that don’t need 2 if they are lacking a dps class and an optimally geared one at that as well. The only problem I can see with that is that for bosses like 2 as example you’d be able to probably run two tanks with little shield bring a big increase to your dps. Maybe for the big increase for you dps as the second tank in a 1 tank fight, it could be like running no shield or something.

I think a good idea is buffing DPS Warrior. I think a real DPS Warrior option would be cool. Not saying that would make DPS Warrior good on all fights bit having it as an option for some fights would make for some interesting strats.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.