[Suggestion] Guild Dram Storage

With pricing going up (and likely continuing to inflate due to economic issues), the purchasing power for limited resources like market stalls has reached a point where several players within a fellowship might have to pool resources to obtain, say, a 24-slot stall in Highstep (180k Dram).

I would like to request the addition of a dram storage within the fellowship halls, perhaps protected such that only certain portions of the guild will have retrieval permissions. This would allow fellowships to manage their funds and pool resources much more efficiently and effectively.

There was at least one request in the past for this that I am aware of: Add a guild chest to the guild hall A few of the features requested seem to have been added, but no response was given on the inclusion of dram storage.

I agree with the fact that more guild options would be nice, but I’d like to say that it’s not impossible to get enough dram to get an highstep stall even for a player who a started few months ago,

in one months and a half I’ve build enough money to get the fourth place in the highstep auction, yes I was in the beta, but when I came back 2 months ago I didn’t have more then 15k at my name.

I think I’ve proven that if you want to put the time and are ready to deal with player who already own stall and try to figure out what is needed in the market, it’s possible to get a highstep stall even in only 2 months of gameplay.

1 Like

Ahaha it takes me an hour to farm around 1k dram; getting 180k by farming amounts to 180h gameplay - not doing ANYTHING but shooting low level mobs :smiley: Or perhaps I only need 12 slots, so it’s only 90h? My whole guild would not put in that time. Where should that time come from if you happen to have a job and the 3h a day I got are used for dungeons and raids, mostly.

Let’s face it, stalls are totally impossible to get for normal players with a reg schedule. The reason that stall prizes are that high is that traders, once settled, have a much higher income, once you got the money to buy from other stalls and use materials to sell products you are set and done and it multiplies.
I am trying to get past 20k since weeks, by farming, then I need a certain potion urgently or finally want to finish my fishing quest without sacrificing three shard evenings for that, poof, I’m down to 20k again. To get to 180k farming is not the way, but rather buy cheap materials and sell them or their products for higher prizes, which is pretty hard without a stall.
And then constantly fill it, daily, so the money comes back, all that sounds like a fulltime job to me sorry, or something you can do if you do no other game activities at evenings.

We do need an auction house option to simply sell the stuff we don’t need to other players, not with having a profession for that, but just perhaps only once or twice a week if we get something and think hey, this I don’t need, let’s put it up here. So the little elite of traders/sellers is finally broadened a bit; Orbus is actually one of the few games I play where trading things isn’t open for everyone, equally…

I used to make up to 10k dram per hour by farming dungeons before the scaling update, that’s how i got my first stall, if you really made only 1k that sounds just a bad farming spot.
I agree that now with the scaling system it will be hard for new players getting a stall, but until last week it was totally doable.

I don’t agree, you can trade with anyone you want in the game, that’s what I’ve been doing at first to start making money, you ask every person you see if they got stuff to sale or if they wanna buy something, so yeah trading things is for everyone.

Farming monsters is really not the best way to go even more with the lvl scale, I agree with you on that, but at 1k an hour it’s horrible I can affirm you from a run I did yesterday I can make at least 3 time that, find new tricks man.

But if you do as I did, meaning stop focusing on PVE and more on market side you can get enough drams, I don’t remember the last time I did a raid xD.

The stall market is just a way of selling way more, cause not a lots of player take the time to ask people to trade.

I think having a full auction house would make the stall useless, but having an auction house for materials fish and some other thing could be a way of letting new player still make big money out of something.

you just need to put some priorities if you wanna a be a merchant, but everyone can trade everyone.

I’m not playing any other games in my free time right now, cause I’m putting all my time in orbus, but isn’t the point of an MMORPG to been able to actually spend a lot of time and to get rewarded for that?

Also try to talk to stall owner if you wanna sell stuff, you can add me as a contact, after a week I’ll probably have to buy some stuff

I think this would be a good way of doing it, have a delay on receiving the items from the auction by like x amount of hours and then have stalls be instant buys like they currently are, will make it so everyone can get rid of their mats that they don’t need and get some dram

2 Likes

Grats but when I soloed dungeons I ended up with like 5 feathers and a reagent and perhaps 3 eyes or such. No clue how that amount comes from it. And I am not doing Maeo in 5mins alone, rather 10-15. That’s even less than 1k in drops, alltogether. I do farm with a musky, that likely explains some of it, because I want to save my energy for dungeons not wearing me out with the ranger just for farming. What Marc stated, he didn’t do raids since like… actually confirms my theory that you either need to spend a ton of time in the game or set other priorities in what you do.

I do spend alot of time also I guess, i’m in top 70 playtime-wise, and I am rewarded, sure, for example with gear. I play games to do PvE content, most of all, farming is just the most necessary means to grow stronger, for example with runetiles.
Yet I do have excess materials and in other games I just drop them off in a trading spot for others to use and earn money instead, I would even craft potions to sell them if there was any easy quick way; yet currently there’s not and my chest fills up with shards and dragons and stuff once again, even lacking the 100k dram to expand. I don’t even start to play another class, seriously, I got no space to put gear, neither in inventory nor in chest… these issues in Orbus bug me since a long time.

And I am with Rickness, stalls could still exist without conflict. Or just everyone switches to an auction house, the traders would likely make even more money than now if they are actively care to buy/craft/sell stuff there from much more players and the whole player base got easy access without, like, takin a trip all the way to guild city (I admit I got no time for even checking stalls weekly or biweekly, doing that rather monthly or when I really need something…).

Just to clarify, he’s probably talking about jungle dungeon. A skilled player could farm around 30 reagents and a lot of shards from an hour’s worth of runs which comes out to the neighborhood of 10k.

Also for those concerned about costs, I’d recommend checking out shard dungeons which now give heaps of dram and a couple raid potions daily. A shard group could attain collectively enough dram worth of drops in just a couple days doing those daily.

okay I’ll clarify that, in 1 hours in the old jungle dungeon (not lvl scale), I was able to get at least 60 reagents + 10k worth of stuff to sell to vendor, and yeah I verified it I’ve done it many time and 60 reagents been the average, also don’t forget to use luck ring whatever monsters you’re farming.

Also Shiki is an archer so he probably farmed Maeo not jungle, jungle was mostly use for mage, but whatever, it’s not possible anymore but as I said before it’s possible to make at least 3k (it can go higher) in an hour + the reagents, and yes this is after the lvl scale.

Jungle dungeon I happened to farm with each and every class until I got the transmog gear. Got around 10k or 15k from this alltogether, true, but for sure not in an hour, rather many days of continuously going there until everything dropped. Perhaps if you skip bosses - which I needed for gear - sell the reagents as a street vendor (I am storing those) and your classes are well geared it is quicker and more profitable.

But whatever now that dungeons are scaled and in the future, likely, everything will be we will need better methods to get dram. Second, the very fact that there’s only around 20 stalls means, obviously, trading is restricted to a small group no matter what people do if only few get a spot that means lots others will not have a spot; and I hope this changes as well in the future.

PS: As for drams from shard dungeons, well this is again a method for big elite guilds… we did our very first T8, yey, 900 dram from that, but that’s a big exception, to get there it took a whole evening and lotsa luck. Normally we stop at 5 or 4 or, due to group, stick to lower. If this method is supposed to be a main dram income it would mean to skip doing lots of low shards, for example to train new players/tanks, the pressure gets higher to progress with your group, no matter what, and imo this is not a good thing.
Potion drops are nice but again selling those not needed to others is too complicated without auction house.

PPS: I didn’t answer to the below, because, seriously :smiley: running around like “I have reagents!!! I have reagents!! Who wants some??” - “I need reagents!!! I need reagents!! Do you have some? Or you? Or you?”… luckily I only met one guy naggin like this, so far (which wasn’t you) and I also imagine HS when everyone without stall starts to do that LOL :joy::joy:

that’s what I’ve been doing at first to start making money, you ask every person you see if they got stuff to sale or if they wanna buy something, so yeah trading things is for everyone.

no I’m talking in one hour without selling my reagents, wanna see 21 stacks of reagents??, also obviously I didn’t do the bosses it would be a huge waste of time, I got faster with time and switched my affixe on my wand at first strike, I’m telling you it was possible and more easy then you can think of.

PS : sorry I got a bit pissed cause you’re all saying that this is not true even tho I’ve prove it to many persons before.

it may not sound appealing but I mean if you want drams yo do what you got to do, and yes I’ve done it for at least 2 weeks, but for sure if you’re limiting yourself to reageants trade, it’ll take a while, try to ask in general if they want to sell stuff, you can propose then to buy their reageants, ressources, fishes, etc. and same for when you selling, ask them if they’re looking for something in particular.

PPS : discord is a good way to talk to people, in the orbus unofficial there’s a trade section that you can post and watch for trades, also if you want to talk to someone like me in discord because you think they might be interested in buying stock you have, you can do a quick search by name in the unofficial discord and once you have the name ID of the person you can just DM them.
Just trying to give as much tricks as possible.

I don’t say it’s not true what you did, just stating my experience. People are different ya know, so that you can do it does by no means mean everyone else can. I don’t play the mage for example, at least not at a level I can easily farm with it. I simply don’t have the time, freeing that much time for building up trades would mean sacrificing the PvE activity I play the whole game for. Just posting my personal experience which is obviously just as “true” as yours or everyone elses.

Yea ty and as said, people are different. I can’t imagine running around in HS shouting, offering trades like this, ever, and I know the other options - there was even a 3rd party page for trading - it is just a lack of time and effort using it; I don’t have any stacks to sell either, it is single items and all the fuzz of meeting up somewhere, for a potion, while possibly guild groups of both trading partners wait, well… In other games I do post my few superfluous items with 2 clicks to somewhere, perhaps set a prize and forget it. Dram come back to me from any anonymous person who browses and gets it with another click, done; and imho that functionality is what most would benefit from, though of course with time and dedication it works otherwise as well.

1 Like

Just one thing you don’t need to shout xD just say : hi, can I take 30 second of your time, and if they say no then let that be, but most people will say yes so you ask them you’re question and whatever happen at the end you wish them a nice day and if they need something or if they want to sell something to let you know.

People in orbus are genuinely very nice when you’re nice with them too, this way you make money and people still make money, everyone is happy and they get rid of what they don’t need.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.