Suggestion - Login Screen for Multiple Accounts and Character Delete Confirmation Screen

This is parroting a similar post but I’d like to rename it for more exposure.

I’m suggesting a logon screen for your account similar to other flat screen MMO’s currently available. You already have a login, it’s just not asked every time you start the game. Similarly, I’d like a remember my username/password buttons to be available. This is to allow users who have multiple headsets (such as a rift s, quest 2, and Index which all run off different store fronts) to play their game on whichever headset they choose without buying multiple copies of the game. This would also allow players to use multiple accounts on the same device without logging out of Facebook first, which is a huge pita at the moment.

I’d also like to suggest a delete confirmation box to request you enter the word delete with a virtual keyboard and hit enter before the game allows you to delete a character. I’ve known at least 3 people who have deleted their characters on accident and had to request admin assistance. This would hopefully relieve the devs from the task of rejuvenating lost characters and relieve the stress from players that they may accidentally delete their character if they aren’t paying attention during character select.

PS. Happy holidays everyone and thanks for you hard work devs.

3 Likes

As far as cross-buy, the devs have made their stance clear - it isn’t going to happen (rift and quest already have crossbuy - it’s simply Steam and Oculus that don’t.). I agree that having the ability to switch orbus accounts or add extra characters would be really nice though.

A delete confirmation box needs to happen. Just search “deleted character” in the forums. It happens way too often…

Definitely would like a delete confirmation screen (with input requirements) considering how close the delete box is to login and how this can be made worse if sitting.

I’d also propose an ‘undo delete’ button to restore characters for 24 hours (or whatever seems appropriate) after the delete has happened to allow for small children or siblings who delete characters on purpose. During that time, the character isn’t actually deleted (you can’t make another character with the same name), but it does allow for a new character to be made.

1 Like

Yeah, would definitely help if there was an undo delete timer. Maybe even a setting to be notified if your character is being deleted and a setting to be notified if your notification settings are changed (there should already be one for passwords changing).

You know, in case there is someone being malicious.

Right now though, it is just way too easy to delete instead of logging in. I nearly hit the delete button a few times because of where the login screen showed up. Heck, maybe even only allow us to delete at our player house as a setting in one of the rooms or something.

(You can see all the people who have accidentally deleted their characters just popping up).

Ok got the new headset, now lets have a login screen so I don’t have to buy this game again thanks!

edit Never mind on this. Apparently using Revive you can play Oculus games on other headsets.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.