Suggestion on legendaries rerolls

That number seems not right no matter how I try to interpret it. Do you mean if you would have 1 affix you want already on your weapon and the other one not, you would have to re-roll an average of 64x with every roll being those two affixes as starting point? Even that non-real situation gives me 1/39 instead of 1/64. What did you do there to calculate it?

Edit: Oooh I see what you did there. You did a simple 9 x 8 and just removed 1 from the 9 to do 8 x 8. Because the one affix is not an option in the possibilities anymore. But that is the base of possible combinations with that rule as starting point. But after the first roll, that rule does not apply anymore. Also 8 x 8 is not right in the end anyway. I got almost 1/56 from the program which is 8 x 7. I think I can explain that from the fact that the first affix only has 8 options left where only 1 can be the correct one. The second affix has also 8 options left with only 1 being the correct one, BUT because you can’t have the same affixes twice the second affix is blocked 7 out of 8 possible affixes when it equals affix 1.

Thus, complicated way of saying 1/56 chance if you would roll only once, but you keep rolling and then you get the numbers of my program anyway on average. Which was around 1/25 not 1/64.

(anyway, thnx for the math puzzle :sweat_smile:, was fun)

Personally I don’t think the problem is in Rolling the affixes, i think it’s that the affixes are not balanced properly which is why every one wants the same ones creating a meta. I think if there was more balance to the affixes themselves it would require less re-rolls and instead creating variety in gameplay and different “orientations” within the classes. For example if in addition to Iceheart there were others like Darksoul (dark magic affinity), Blaze (fire affinity) and Corrupted (poison affinity) this would potentially make other strategies more viable. Of course, these are not all inclusive and are just quick thoughts without any deep analysis on impact or balance.

1 Like

If that is so that should be changed by devs, urgently… it makes sense for Epic weapons where you reroll only because you don’t like the affix you have.

For Legendarys (and gear pieces) with two affixes this mechanic seems to make no sense at all. People mostly will have one which they wanna keep, as a starting point, because you normally stop when you reached at least one of them, then trying some more another time when you farmed more shards. So it at least fcks up their first roll, which got a lower chance to get the desired combo.

I still think manually “holding” one of the afffixes on legendaries, as suggested in the OP, would be a fair solution for all of this. It could be easily implemented by giving us two options:

• Reroll affix 1 (name)
  • Reroll affix 2 (name)
3 Likes

No, the options are 9×8 because you can’t get 2 of the same affix. So 9 options for 1, then 8 remaining.

Because the position of the affix can’t be the same twice, all options with the said affix in that position are removed

Ex
Affix A , affix B is current
Then options AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG, AH, AJ and AB, BB, CB, DB, EB, FB, GB, HB, JB can’t be rolled with 2 options already eliminated and one counted twice, that’s 15 options removed

9×8-15= 57 (Not 64 as I first counted or 58 as I just counted :sweat_smile:)
If nether A or B where the affixes you wanted, you have a 2/57 chance to get your wanted affix

If you wanted A or B then one of your options was removed and you have a 1 in 57(edit) chance

Here we go again xD

Actuallllllly using your tricks a bit easier to get 1/57. But again only if we would roll everytime with those AB affixes as starting point, which is obviously not the case.

There are only 8 options to roll from because the 9th is also taken by an affix you have. So the base chance is 8 x 8. But because no duplicates you remove the possibility of CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, HH, II. So 8 x 8 - 7 is also 57.

Where did you get the conclusion 1/54 from?

I did not think this topic would attract so many posts but at least it’s being talked about. Maybe it will change for the better in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.