Suggestion on legendaries rerolls

It would be much better if you could ‘hold’ one affix on +6 legendary weapons when re-rolling using an orange shard. Given how many rolls a weapon with two affixes will take and how hard it is to get a sufficient number of shards.

For example if you get unbending you can ‘hold’ that and re-roll the other affix. So if you run out of shards you at least have a weapon with unbending+something.

2 Likes

Yea I would find that more realistic than the current system… I got the 2nd highest shard count done in the entire game and will no longer go for perfect combos on my main’s weapon, since it’s a pure game of luck.

By now I used 50-100 effervescent shards on my musket, which took several months to farm. Together their value exceeds dram cap!!
Despite using this insane amount I did NOT get the combo I wanted, millions dram down the drain (if I had bought these).

Doing the maths you sometimes need 150+ shards to roll a certain combination out of all the possibilities, which is just utterly unrealistic.

Now for majority players who got less effervescent, play multiple classes or who are unlucky, the legendaries they get can be entirely useless. With wrong affixes this weapon is even worse than a +5 normal, which is pretty dull.

Not even to speak about +5 legendaries which are still in the game. If you get this one, you are mostly better of with a normal +5 since it does SAME dmg apart from the 2 affixes you could get, but normally don’t without wasting many, many shards on it.

1 Like

Not quite, there are 9 different affixes so 9x9=81
Total combinations, 81-9=72 since you can’t have 2 of the same and 72-1=71 since you can’t get the same roll twice in a row, so 71 total possibilities.
If you want 2 exatc affixes, like bleed iceheart, there are 2 of the 71 possibilities that will get you that(bleed iceheart and iceheart bleed) so 2/71 or 1/35,5
So on average you’re going to need 35,5 effervescent shards to get 2 spesiffic affixes. Not 150, there aren’t even 150 different combinations.

Of course it’s RNG tho, so sometimes you’ll have bad luck and end up spending 100+ shards to get what you want and sometimes less than 5, but average after rerolling a lot of legendaries will be around 36

2 Likes

Eh, no.
+5 with bleed or iceheart is going to be 5% better than base +5, a +6 with no damage increasing affixes…will also be 5% better than a base +5, so at worst it’ll be the same damage output and for healers/tanks there aren’t any affixes that really do much other than unbending so for those a +6 is always going to give 5% extra healing over a +5

Dramcap beeing 5 000 000, and effervescent shard going for about 40 000 on the auction house would result in 100 × 40 000= 4 000 000

Over dramcap is a exageration. And the only reason there price is that high is because you need a lot to get the perfect roll.

1 Like

I’m talking about RNG, yes… the 150 I used myself on getting gear affixes (with glimmerings) already, others are using up to 2 stacks even, so this is simply a fact WHILE others only need 2, which is 1-2% of what could be required. And this insane range of RNG is the exact problem my post is about.

And I still don’t get why unluckyness should be punished by loosing out on as much dram as you can hold, why others get that gifted after their 2nd shard (or have a weapon drop with a perfect combo, which I also saw once).

Pretty annoying and btw, farming 36 shards (if you got average luck) per legendary is also a big deal for those playing numerous classes. We had tanks who had their legendary rot in the store weeks long because not even unbending would pop with a rational amount of shards.

PS: And of course this is fought and nit-picked by the ever-same ppl who got their stuff already and dgaf about makin the game less fair lol, I’m out of that discussion oooh it’s ONLY 4 mill and not 5 omg seriously, sorry, this is not the fckin point.

2 Likes

I never said anything against this suggestion and would actually like to have it implemented. I was just correcting your “math”

4 Likes

Did somebody say MATHHHH??? I will maybe correct your math when I have time later :sweat_smile: (because I noticed something that might be wrong, but not sure yet)

3 Likes

There is no flaw in my math though, since I talk about probabilities, which derive from total possibilities. With 36 shards available it is still not ruled out, rather still well possible that you need double that, with bad luck much more to get your desired combo. No need to even calculate that, it’s happening, and not really seldomly :-/
Edit: See for final and proper numbers Scotts calculation below.

I don’t even get 1 eff drop per day and we run 15 shards alot. So it can be over a month till I got the amount which got a fair chance that I get my combo, and at least not renders it “unlikely”.

Also, one word about the market, eff shards prices are dropping more and more because they don’t really sell for prices matching their rarity; since people realize 1 or 2 will not likely do anything for you, why would you pay 40k even for a 1-2% chance of a proper roll.
I decided against buying, but if I really decided to spend the needed amounts I’m pretty sure there would not even be that much available and prices would consequently skyrocket…

And then there’s the point that it does not even “improve” the weapon, in many cases a proper affix renders it useful, more useful than a non-legendary, at all.

PS: I also disagree on useful affixes for the healers (other than unbending), charged strikes is a very nice affix since it gives you crit-heals, which can prevent wipes if popping at the right moment… same goes likely for the tank-heals, pallys at least could use that.

PS: If Scott could do a proper probability count it would be cool, like, how many rolls needed to get a 90% plus chance of a specific combo (still does not means it’s guaranteed tho), how many for 60% etc.

I took me 84 re-rolls on my +5legendary before +6 legendaries were a thing, I’d love to see this change

4 Likes

The effervescent shards are very expensive compared to chance of getting the proper affixes. I was lucky, it took me one roll to perfect my +6 Scoundrel pistol. That will probably never happen again.

This system is not a challenge, but an exercise in frustration because we rely on the luck of the roll.

2 Likes

Okay well math became too much so I just did a program instead doing the calculations for me. Here is an interesting table showing how big the chance is to get the affix you want depending on how many shards you have available.

So left side, is how many shards you have available. Right side is % chance you will get what you want if you go for 1 specific affix.

0 = 2.77% (as lucky drop, not as roll)

1 = 2.8%
2 = 5.5%
3 = 8.1%
4 = 10.7%
5 = 13.2%
6 = 15.7%
7 = 18.1%
8 = 20.4%
9 = 22.6%
10 = 24.8%
11 = 26.9%
12 = 29%
13 = 31%
14 = 32.9%
15 = 34.8%
16 = 36.6%
17 = 38.4%
18 = 40.1%
19 = 41.8%
20 = 43.5%
21 = 45%
22 = 46.6%
23 = 48.1%
24 = 49.5%
25 = 50.9%
26 = 52.3%
27 = 53.7%
28 = 54.9%
29 = 56.2%
30 = 57.4%
31 = 58.6%
32 = 59.8%
33 = 60.9%
34 = 62%
35 = 63.1%
37 = 65.1%
38 = 66.1%
39 = 67.1%
41 = 68.9%
43 = 70.6%
45 = 72.2%
47 = 73.8%
49 = 75.2%
51 = 76.6%
53 = 77.9%
55 = 79.1%
57 = 80.2%
59 = 81.3%
61 = 82.3%
63 = 83.3%
65 = 84.3%
68 = 85.6%
71 = 86.7%
74 = 87.8%
77 = 88.8%
81 = 90%
85 = 91.1%
90 = 92.3%
95 = 93.3%
101 = 94.3%
108 = 95.4%
117 = 96.4%
128 = 97.4%
145 = 98.4%
177 = 99.4%

Noticeable things:

• On 50% chance on getting what you want, you need a bit more then 24 shards.
  • Sadly one out of 100 players ever trying to get what they want will cry away 145+ shards :joy:
6 Likes

The problem with your calculation is that sadly probability calculations are harder then they look. You can’t just do 9 x 9 and call it a day. I was leaning towards a probability calculation with factorial at play (3! = 3 x 2 x1) which I still always mess up for which situation what. But sadly it got too complicated because there is this extra rule of you won’t get the same two affixes twice unless they are swapped (which is the same twice and allowed and happened many times to me). So I had to do it with a program, because I don’t think there is standard math with that specific rule in it. (Thinking off it now I could have just applied the same rule again for that case and subtracted it from the result like you did :man_facepalming:)

2 Likes

Your math is way off scott
(Looks much better after edit)
Rules
You can’t get two of the same affix
Each affix stat will be swaped out on a reroll

Affixes can appear in reverse: (bleed, chargestrike/chargestrike, bleed)

For one specific afix combo you then have 2 in 9×8 chances. That is 2/72 = 1/36 = 2,78% chance. This is setting starting position as unknown

If you have none of your wanted affixes and reroll the chance actually drops to 1/28.5, but if you have one of them it goes up to 1/57

2 Likes

Ya I am currently trying to understand it better. I do think I made a mistake. I am trying to find out where. As I said I didn’t do it with math in the end. My program somewhere has a mistake probably.

Okay found 1 mistake, I removed the rule of switched affixes also counting as the goal affix… (it was in the program before)

1 Like

Are you sure about this rule? Am I understanding correctly you are trying to say: You will never get for example Lifesteal twice on the same position even if the second position switches affix?

So this is impossible according to you?:
Lifesteal, Unbending --> Lifesteal, Charged strikes

But this is possible:
Lifesteal, Unbending --> Charged strikes, Lifesteal

If so I need to make another change. But I am not sure if I understood correctly what you said there.

“For Legendary weapons, you need an Effervescent Shard, which can be gained by breaking down a Legendary weapon. Both affixes will be re-rolled. Note that you are guaranteed for both Epic and Legendary gear not to receive the same affix you currently had in that “slot” with the re-roll.”

Okay I will take that as a fact then. And keep an eye on it in the future. Editing program and making one last edit to that post :joy:

I can confirm what Burn is saying, I rerolled a lot :frowning:

Included the lucky people getting their affix without re-rolling because indeed it affects the % depending on what affixes you begin with.