Sword Rushed into Boss 3 of Raid and ended up stuck in the ground wiping the party at 1% boss health

So I ended up stuck in the ground while sword rushing boss 3 regularly on the top left platform. This is after getting the boss down to less than 1% health remaining on a really long Raid run.

This issue comes up sometimes, but I have never been unfortunate enough to encounter it with a boss that shoots poison that you can’t provoke through.

This really ruined most of the fun for the night, since the party had already encountered several other issues game related during the raid thusfar but had powered through it.

When you end up porting into the sky or ground, there should be some ability to port back to the ground. The fact that you can get stuck on the player house on guild city, or in the haunted house in the Lucian Planes still are easily repeatable tests of the problem. The fact is if you can get up to a point you should be able to get back down.

So basically it’s two bugs that compound on each-other: 1.) Sword Rushing sometimes sends you into the air or ground instead of a real place. 2.) when you are slightly above or below the standard floor plane you are trapped forever RIP.

4 Likes

I’ve experienced the same multiple times at the 4th boss, when rushing to an ally, I ended up underground, also when on the way from Guild City towards Lamavora (turning right after the fort) and rushing to someone, I end up in the air, and I can’t get down from there, have to go back to the graveyard which puts me back right to GC

1 Like

Hi, sorry about the issue. We’re tracking it and we’ll work on a fix. Thank you for reporting.

2 Likes

Got it one time at the entrance of tradu mines (inside it)

I abandoned the rush to an ally skill for this reason. It’s far too unreliable whether it will break you or not. On talent release if you rushed an ally in the desert dungeon anywhere it would but you in the sky. I haven’t had this issue since I switched to crit charge though. I’d recommend just switching talents. The ally rush skill isn’t all that great anyway.

1 Like

I never bothered with improved rush as targeting a specific ally or enemy is tricky if there are a bunch of targets grouped up, I never need 2 rushes, and the cool down on double rush is meh.

I’ve always been a spiked shield/ intimidate advocate because damage = extra threat no matter by how little a margin.

This happened when I rushed to an enemy, I don’t have ally rush for similar reasons, but mostly because whenever attempting to rush to an enemy I generally found myself swinging at a friend.

I actually had this bug happen yesterday I charged one of the corrupted in necropolar who was standing on a ramp and I was permanently off the movement grid. I graveyarded but I wish I would’ve thought to try and charge back down.

What I’ve noticed is that if you are underground, you can get out with another charge, but if you are in the air, it doesn’t help much

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately if you have a poison pool under you that isn’t fast enough to save the raid.

I think this clip would suit this thread quite nicely :stuck_out_tongue:

Except this is more a problem with the tank getting stuck and everyone dying than the boss deaggroing.

Granted that is definitely an issue.

I couldn’t at the entrance of tradu mines. But in the necropolar map I could (charging enemies on hills got me stuck underground several time)

@Riley_D, @Mathieu_D in the case of Raid boss 3 I figured out why this happened more specifically. There is a bug where Raid Boss 3 walks below ground level as he is coming up the stairs if you don’t have him walk all the way up the stairs before running down a hall (which doesn’t happen because of kiting).

When an enemy is partially submerged in the ground you end up submerged as well if you port to them.

From studying the enemies movement more in subsequent battles I can confirm that if you make the boss take a tight turn on the way up the stairs you can consistently reproduce this bug.

1 Like

Good find, that’ll let us debug it better. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.