Sword & Shield Ability

Hey Guys. I’m new to forums here but have been hyped for this game for a while now. Tomorrows hour long test is going to be my first entry to the actual game. I am planning on maining the warrior class till a priest like class hits.

I was wondering though if there was any sort of warrior ability that happened when you banged your sword against your shield? I did a quick/lazy search and came up with nothing. Off the top of my head I would think that doing this would give some sort of group buff. Like shouts from WoW where you got extra DPS or extra health or something.

I don’t know, just figured that it was a great ability trigger that may have been missed or not yet announced… :wink:

This is the only clip I could find of this in movies but I’m sure I have seen it done lots.

1 Like

You can’t bang your sword against your shield, but you can bang your shield against an enemy and the enemy will get stunned. I have never heart anyone about this before, so big change they haven’t planned adding the sword to shield bang.

On another note. Are you a Founder or above? Or are you a Backer like the forum tag says. Only people with closed Beta access are able to join this test (so Founder or above).

My account page on the orbus site says;
"You have a Beta Account and have access to all Closed Beta and Open Beta tests. You also have a copy of the game which will activate when we enter the Early Access phase."
Which led me to believe I would have access to todays test. I hope I wasn’t wrong, I’ll be very dissapointed. But better to find out now rather than when I’m trying to log in. lol

I hope they will do something with a sword and shield clang. I think it would be pretty cool.

This is a closed beta test, so you should be good to go!

1 Like

It’s not a sword on board move but you have a horn you blow that I’d am aoe threat gen and gives your allies a temporary shield buff

1 Like

We’re excited to have you! I will note, tonight’s test may be a little “rougher” than usual, since as I said we’re using a new networking layer that hasn’t been fully tested yet (that’s what the test tonight is for, after all!) But welcome aboard!

1 Like

This is a cool idea, but it may be a little tricky with the way the gameplay currently works in that you generally have your shield between you and your opponent, and are moving it out of the way between attacks to get your own attacks in. This results in sometimes inadvertently hitting your own shield as a natural occurrence of moving them back and forth, and you wouldn’t want to accidentally be triggering your ability. Though… maybe it could be something that only works out of combat, and you need to do it 3 times in rapid success or something.

@Logan I did see the horn ability. I think that’s pretty cool as well.

@Riley_D Thank you for the welcome. I totally understand that it’s going to be rougher than usual. That’s what a stress test is for :slight_smile:

@Draven I totally think it would be an out of combat ability, a pre-combat group buff. Could also be an AoE debuff as well. I like the idea of doing it three times. :slight_smile: