Taking new questions for the next Dev Q&A!

maybe finally some overworld Gloves or Chests

1 Like

How do the devs feel about PvP? I feel in it’s current state it’s okay, at most.

But things like fireballs being out of render so when they come into render they are invisible and un-dodgeable

Or the scoundrels ability to one shot people semi-consistently in leather or cloth armor.

Getting any input on PvP would be great nonetheless, It’s been nearly a year I believe since things have been addressed when it comes to PvP.

1 Like

Adding on to @Shuga ’s idea, the world drops are a huge motivator for a lot of players who still farm their grinder pots each day. Have you considered making a legendary world drop for each class, one really epic weapon skin each, giving players another reason to put in their hours on the game?

Have you considered adding new in game shop items? It’s a bit surprising that this hasn’t been utilized more, as I’m sure plenty of players are willing to support the game with in game purchased cosmetics.

6 Likes

Do you think that there would ever be rewards for the amount of hours you play or will we just e stuck with that achievement that tells us to get a life

1 Like

It would be very interesting if you’d have to grind in order to get the drop. Maybe force people to try and do different classes.

1 Like

Inventory management: Is it possible to upgrade this? I’d love to be able to multi select stuff to break down so I can do it in one shot vs select, breakdown, confirm, repeat. Even better would be a way to auto breakdown common armor and weapon drops.

6 Likes

Is there a possibility to create tooltips so we know the effect of things like stats and potions more than just a base number increase. And possibly an in game journal guide so we can reference to what all basic stats do ie, tilesets, potions, character stats(particularly individualized based on class) so we know what if any effect they have on our current class.

It would be nice if we could have a way to redo overleveling perks, even if it was behind a ridiculous dram sink. That way it would have a dual purpose.

1. Are there any concrete plans to tackle the ever creeping lag?
  2. Are there any plans on hiring more backend engineers to tackle 1)
  3. Can we get clear explanations on how luck works? It seems to be lore going around but players are spending tons on money on something they dont know if its worth it.

How possible is it to implement a “resynch” button? Getting desynchs due to zone changes, dying, changing weapons, etc causes a LOT of closing and reopening the game. This can lead to a lot of down time which can, and often does, result in broken/not sub 15 shards

1 Like

they have detailed exactly how luck works previously, search around a bit on the forums and you’ll find it.

Where to find orbus official discord? Also could you change my name? My current name adanna. Wanna change it to “Adanna the Highlander”.

you mean this post? How does Luck work? it was not explained by any official source (so its “lore”) and its the only one relatively recent i found.

Agreed, I got my top hat from the store. It was not real expensive and it contributed to the cause. I was fine with that. I would like to see more options. It would give operating funds to the game.

That’s an official source. That’s a dev explaining it in one of the quoted comments.

pretty much, but there is more on it here and there, you just have to look around for it a bit.
Basically tho, every item on the loot table has a percentage chance of dropping and 1 luck increases that by 0.1% multiplicatively. So if you have 500 luck you have a 50% higher chance on each loot roll. So if it’s base drop chance is 10%, it is now 15% with 500 luck.
Guaranteed rolls are not affected, because they’re guaranteed, there is no drop chance. and the roll for whether a weapon becomes a legendary is also not affected by luck.

But this is not what this thread is about so lets get back on topic.
If you have more questions about luck, search around on the forums and you should be able to find answers, if not feel free to message me here or on discord and I can maybe answer.

1 Like

true, thanks for the info but this thread is not for luck discussion indeed :slight_smile:

Hello adanna, remember me :smirk: This is the orbus unofficial discord: https://discord.gg/A3F5npf To get a surname message @Mathieu_D or @Riley_D . However, you cannot change it to “Adanna the Highlander” because that’s too long and has 3 words instead of 2. However, you can change it to “Adanna Highlander” or something else. Here is the forum post detailing the rules, preferences etc. for surnames: Surnames Now Available - Announcements - OrbusVR Community I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Can you change it to “Adanna Highlander”?

Will handle that request via PMs.

Thank you everyone for the great questions, you can read the answers to the ones we’ve been able to answers here:

Along with a teaser at an upcoming change!

1 Like