The bow bugs followup!

Do you also have a Rift? Or…?

Okay, good to know. Well, as I said I will see what I can do!

@nicholas_f1 @OysterBarron

If either of you get a chance, can you download this version of the game and see if that makes any difference in the behaviour you’re seeing?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/patch.orbusvr.com/Launcher-Override-Smoothing.zip

Thanks!

Let us know when you’ve made some changes and I will check it out any smoothing would help I imagine. Another thing I thought of is what movement settings do you have yours set to?

ok downloading now wont be able to test and look at settings until im at home

Did you see the link I gave? We might have posted at the same time, haha. If you download that one I just posted right above your post it has some new stuff.

I am just using regular Sliding with no Turning. What about you?

I posted this in another topic but since it’s the same issue…

I never had this problem with my ranger before, but I am now having the exact same issue as these guys. I wish I played ranger more often so I could tell you exactly when this issue suddenly appeared but I rarely play it. I just noticed it tonight when going through the tutorial. I am an Oculus user. Full room setup. No tracking issues in any other games I play. I play fast paced games like Echo Arena with no tracking issues (except for when I punch the wall). :slight_smile:

using teleport right now as I have not figured out what I like. also I have just tried that and was like I had Parkinson’s my hands just kept shaking. seems like if I wiggle eather of my hands a little while drawing the bow it starts to spin around a bit

Okay, well since we now have 3 people with the same issue it must be something else, I just wish I knew what the difference was between your setups and my own…

So you’re saying with the new build that I posted it was actually worse? And your hands just kept shaking?

Ah sorry I didn’t see that but won’t have time to jump on until either Thursday Friday evening. I’m using sliding with turning I believe will trial using your scheme and see if that makes a difference.

Right I’ve done a full fresh reconfigure on oculus resituated my ir pods so they are more on a level now and also covered up anything that could be reflecting ir signals like mirrors and windows ice the same problem still in the newest build another video here for you.

Okay, so which build is this recorded with? The one from the main patcher, or is it from the Override-Smoothing build I posted above?

I actually think this looks 100x better. What you’re showing at 0:35 there is known behavior, basically there is a “dead zone” I built in so that it doesn’t actually adjust until the bow is drawn back a little bit. You won’t really even notice that when you’re actually playing.

But if you go back and look at your original video, before your arrow and bow was jumping around wildly, and it was spinning like crazy. It doesn’t seem to be doing that anymore, right? Like you can actually aim and fire consistently now? Like look at this video at 0:52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=IIfcgceEvVc (the original one), it’s vibrating back forth all the time even when the bow is drawn back entirely.

So I guess the question is, was it the new build that helped or was it the reconfigure and adjusting you did…

It’s with the current new build from the patcher it still happens it’s just not exhibited in the video. It’s to the point that I just don’t ever wanna play archer which I’m good with but my main concern is that if a lot of others have this experience (problems) they may be turned off the game completely which i dont want and im sure you don’t either.

Also an unrelated question does fishing have a separate level bar as my bar above my head has been changing from level 1 back to level 5 and I’m able to level up 1 to 2 and then at another point I look up and it’s back to level 5. I seem to have had my fisihing stuff equipped when I noticed it was level 2 and when I’ve my sword and shield equipped it had level 5. Just wanted to check with you before I made a new topic about it.

Yes fishing is considered a “class” in the fact that it has its own level and XP bar, same as the sword, bow, etc.

1 Like

Wow didn’t realise it went by equipped item cool.

sorry it took a bit to respond I still have the issue with the build you posted and yes my hands kept shaking all the time I went back to regular build and went away my issue is the bow spins around when drawn and I cant aim due to that

Yeah would like to chime back in on this played an hour or so yesterday and noticed that the shield to also has some juddery issues kinda like what the bow does apart from it doesn’t flip upside down. I also downloaded castaway vr that has a bow and arrow in it and it’s buttery smooth using it none of the jippiness is exhibited at all. I don’t understand what can be different with the tracking from that game to or bus.

The latest build that I put out has the smoothing built-in to it. So are you saying it’s working fine on the latest normal build?

I’ve been playing Ranger the last two days with 3 sensor roomscale oculus and the biggest problem for me is once I notch an arrow I can barely move around the arrow hand right at 0 on the y axis and the bow shoots around everywhere. If I lower my bow hand just below 0 then the bow completely flips upside down instead of tilting upwards. Seems like the bow can tilt up and down some but instead of tilting right and left it is rotating.

Edit: during he first alpha I only played ranger and didn’t have this problem, but I stopped during the second alpha because it started doing it- though at the time I just thought I was crazy. I’d say this oculus bug probably happened if there was a change during that time.

Hi, everybody.
Today tested the archer, the same problem as soon as you pull an arrow begins to pull and rotate in hands onions. With other weapon there are no such problems.
I have Oculus Rift +3 Sensors

It occurs after tension of an arrow if though to move a little a hand