The last few Bard bugs left

Bard bugs have been reduced heavily thank to the development team, however there are still some that, in some instances, can heavily impact gameplay. The few bard bugs left include:

• (Not too large) Speed orb not updating the speed stat in the inventory of anyone affected (not sure if this also doesn’t work with shaman blazing speed talent, but it might).
  • (affects gameplay heavily) The instruments of defense and protection. Both of their passive effect are not visualized and seemingly do nothing. It says they put a debuff on a nearby enemy, however there is no debuff and no change in damage, or atleast not a very noticeable one.
  • (affects gameplay heavily) The instruments of defense and protection. Both of their crescendos don’t distinguish between beneficial and negative effects, so they sometimes cleanse my or my party’s beneficial buffs instead of negatives.
3 Likes

I found that swapping/ removing the green and blue orbs was a pain to do (still haven’t figured out how I’m doing it other than holding different combinations of triggers and grips whilst wiggling my baton at the orb)

Double Tap to remove orbs :stuck_out_tongue:

For me personally the intended way works, not double tapping. So a slow swipe through the orb

I am only able to get two bard orbs to light up. Shouldn’t I be able to select three?

We’ll add those defense/protection issues to the list. I think it’s possible that they do work for the passive effect as I believe we tested it but I’ll make sure.

Dang, if it actually does, it needs quite a buff for how situational both of the orbs fall. Although I know for a fact the crescendos don’t work correctly, because I’ve seen it cleanse my passive buffs :sweat_smile:. Thank you for the reply!

Also forgot to say something in my previous pot, my bad, but the reason the passive effects may not work now is because, for example, the less damage from DoTs did work, because it was a buff you would give to allies. For some reason it was changed to a debuff you put on enemies. I’m pretty sure the less damage from projectiles never worked because it was always a debuff. Also when you guys do get to fixing them (if they need fixing, which I atleast know the crescendos need help) please make sure they work in pvp. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t really sure if I should dm or not, so I’m just posting the vid here. The visuals of the defense and protection orbs works in pvp, but not pve, as even if I am fighting an ad group or a boss it never shows the debuffs. Another issue (as seen in the video) is that the orbs both seemingly do nothing to reduce damage, which means even if they did work in pve they would still be doing nothing.

1 Like

Why you not checking the combat logs if it actually reduces the damage? I also would’t be surprised if DoT damage doesn’t count. Mage is not a good test case I think.

What DoT’s should work then? (We tried with scoundrel poison aswell, same effect) Also I could check the combat logs, but I felt this was enough evidence.

It might be a 1% or 5% reduction. Both are unmeasurable with a healthbar.

Also noob question on my side, do the defense and protection orbs only protect from DoT damage? And should the affect not only be there when you release the orbs? (Which you didn’t in vid)

Nm looked it up myself.

So yeah only useful thing I can add iin this conv is check combat log if individual DoT ticks do reduced damage :grimacing:

Yea it’s when they’re activated. Also I think the damage mitigation should be more noticeable if it is actually working. I’ll work on getting combat logs in a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.