The mage trial needs some love

Its really bad. Very buggy.

5 Likes

I’ve had multiple people tell me that they have had super bad frame rate while trying to do them recently, not checked myself though

2 Likes

I don’t think it is just raids. I was doing a shard dungeon and was getting a lot of chop. At one point it locked up two mages just as they were trying to use their super. Caused both to miss the boost.

Yeah, for some reason when I’m facing the dummies the frame rate is really really low, but as soon as you turn on the right or on the left to face the path everything gets much better. I have a pretty bad connection so I’m not sure is everyone had the same issues but while trying to get a score I often get my spells not leaving my wand, not appearing, staying in place and a second later teleporting where they were supposed to be, and the low frame rate makes every curves really angular.

1 Like

When the “event” is started by lighting the fire, frames do drop significantly. I’m still not to sure what causes this. I’ve been back there quite a bit lately and have had some bad frame issues. Running an i7 paired with 1080.

This thread is about the mage training arena, not raids or shards, there is another thread for those. Though I think it might just be down to the game being badly optimised or something

I will go to the mage training arena when I get online today and record using the oculus tray tool to show the performance and post it here

PC Spec:
i7-6700k @4.48Ghz
32GB DDR4-2133 RAM
GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

2 Likes

Thank you for recording this. I will record a few runs as well and compare data.

Wow. Weird. I’m almost sure I posted that in the other therad : huge-frame-rate-issue-during-raid. Bizarre.

I don’t think he meant to come off rude, there’s just been a major issue lately with threads derailing from the central point they bring up and not accomplishing anything.

Yep! Sorry didn’t mean to be rude, was just trying to point out there was another thread for that as I feel like the mage arena is something a bit different to the raid/shard issues

No worries. I wasn’t offended - just mystified how my post ended up here.

Guess we’re just both read that the wrong way, no worries.

Anyway, getting this thread back on track, is it possible that this is being caused by the text? When looking at the text is when the performance drops and I have also noticed similar issues while having my chest open and making potions, performance spikes when putting items in the cauldron that only happen while the inventory is open, I can record this later if need be

I think I was wrong about the text thing, anyone have any ideas? xD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.