Things you wish you’d known as a new player?

Hey guys, Mishka here.

A common question I’m asked is “what are things you wish you’d known as a new player?”. I have my personal set (things like “try and group up and play with as many people as possible”, “learn about all the crafting disciplines so you know what materials to keep “, and others) but I’m curious about what the community as a whole wished they had known. Hopefully with a bunch of people pitching in we can get a great set of tips for incoming players :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turn off combat sprint and read the lore :wink:

2 Likes

How to to adjust settings properly.

Weapon and item relocation.

1 Like

I wish I had known that LEGENDARY OVERWORLD DROPS were going to be made available thru a shop.

2 Likes

That Tiney’s home was beside the waterfall, looked everywhere around the fisherman’s hut and only had to bloody well turn left… :sweat_smile:

Beyond that any time I think of something it gets added to our Travellers Hall wiki. So perhaps, that there are wiki’s and video guides (along with where to find them) for people to reference would be a nice thing for new players to know.

1 Like

Only thing I personally can think of is the level ranges of zones and when you would be able to enter those zones at appropriate levels rather than extremely underleveled. Only way I know sort of what it is because of the discord.

3 Likes

That the league msq gives exp and other extremely useful rewards

Also the actual recommended requirements for dungeons que.

1 Like

I wish I had known when I started in preborn that if you shoot ranger to fast you do 0 damge…

1 Like

What “apply loadout” meant.

3 Likes
  • You can play all classes on the same character
  • Interrupts are important and every class has one!
  • What are DPS vs Tank vs Healer (totally had to figure this one out from context! :grin:)
  • Where to find good, up to date resources (wikis, videos, etc)
  • Introverts can still have fun in a social game, especially now with the dungeon queue! :upside_down_face:
5 Likes

I wish I knew that each class had it’s own level. I got so sad when I went from ranger to musketeer and I had no xp :frowning:

2 Likes

I had wished that I had known that those green pluses in the top right corner were really important. I spent a very long time sitting on 25 of those, wondering why it always felt like I was starving for missions to complete.

4 Likes

My number one is sorta of stupid but…

The door to the outside overworld close to player house…Even though you can just walk right through it …you MUST use the knob.Otherwise you will not see the all of traders road and the the rest of the overworld however you will see some part of the road will be able to interact with other players and they will wonder what the hell is wrong with you. When I was new I failed to use the door knob on many occasions.
Almost stopped playing the game because of it.
My second biggest tip and wish I would have known is all new players absolutely must do all the Randall Quests. It’s the only way to get some pocket change so you can really begin the game.

2 Likes

I wish I knew that to turn in the quests from he journal, it’s not always automatic when you talk to the NPC and that you have to keep checking on the chat bubble to turn them in and get new ones.

3 Likes

Hey, it took me a while to figure out you had to use a door to get out of town. Took even longer to realize there was a door out of town by the player house. I’m not all that observant at times…

2 Likes

I found this out after 9 months of daily play.

EVERY TUESDAY YOU CAN GET NEW LONG TERM QUESTS!!

Meaning you can have like 10 of each and ALL of them will complete in parallel. This means if you complete one then shortly after the 2nd one will be complete too. This is an amazing way of getting tons of money.

2 Likes

Was absolutely amazed when a Level 30 suggested that there were not one but actually TWO doors leading to the outside-

3 Likes

Those level 30s are so smart sometimes!

1 Like

key word for me in that sentence was “sometimes”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.