Thoughts on new highstep

So do you like it or not

I love it! Now I wish we had more cities and towns for us to build up!

I feel like it’s a really good start to making the game world feel more lived in. I hope eventually we’ll see the port in Hulthine’s get a similar over hall, and maybe an extra player home.
There are a few issues with it, but they’re just me being picky, most likely (rooftops are too bright, from a design standpoint. Feels far too cartoony, even for the games art style.)

I feel the roof houses might be a little too bright for some players. However I love the much more modern appearance. My favorite thing is the fountain under the tree of light, it really fits right in.

I absolutely love the changes they made. I’m hoping that this is the first step in a very long term effort to pass over all of the zones in the game and update them to feel more fleshed out and beautiful. I think if the rest of the game looked close to as good as highstepe city does I would be getting lost happily exploring through the outside wilderness.

I absolutely love the addition of some vertically, especially the airship to be able to look down upon highstepe.

The fellowship hall feels properly grand and intimidating

Honestly the whole bright fantasy art style ties into the orbus graphics in a way that makes the less realistic looking character and enemies feel more intentional and in flavor.

I appreciate everything the devs have done to change the city and you can tell they have been working on it for a very long time

I only have one major complaint:
Can we not have the slime boss be dabbing in Darius shop. Its front and center and I hate it with a burning passion. I feel like it should either be given a different pose or it should be put in the back part of his shop so its a fun thing to find but not a 15 foot tall lime green eyesore directly in the entrance of the building

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.