Voice Chat Feedback

Same, also happened yesterday during a broken halls run, around 11h ago. As so often I talked and talked and wasn’t audible for people inside the instance, despite voice chat was enabled.

Want to collect a little more information.

What headsets were you using? Also were you and your wife in a party already before you joined the others in the dungeon? Were you having any voice chat issues before joining dungeon?

Same questions, what headset? Were you already in a party when you joined dungeon or did you join alone? Also were you having any voice chat issues before?

I play on Oculus Rift, about the other who could not hear me not sure; it was a level 30, so likely no Quest.
I had the issue numerous times when going with random groups and queues. This time we were 4, put up a lfg ingame and accepted the member when he applied. We were in the dungeon already, one added him outside to the group, he got in last then.
I could hear him, one person could communicate with him, not me though. Not sure if anyone heard me, but at least 2 people did not (one of them plays with a Pimax). Four of us were on discord and three of those had voice chat off ingame.

Okay so there wasn’t any voice chat issues until you entered the dungeon? I’m just curios if you were using voice chat in the overworld and it was working fine but then bugged out once you entered dungeons.

I would say it is much more obvious in a dungeon since five people are trying to talk to each other and it becomes apparent who can hear who. Relogging seems to mostly just change who can hear who. However, it definitely happens in the overworld, but it’s only really noticeable when I’m talking to people I know. Anyone else may just have voices turned down, not speak English, be distracted by chatter in discord, could have their push to talk enabled but don’t hear others over their music / noise at home, etc. In the overworld I may meet up with one or two others, and usually before the end of a play session someone has gone silent, so that person to send a log and we relog dance until we just go to discord. We always start with in game voice and rarely get to stay with in game voice. One time three of us hopped in a voice channel and two of us muted our discord mics, still using in game, but that way the third person could talk to us.

Maybe every individual involved should send a log instead of just one of the group?

I have a Rift Jinx has a Vive. Yes we where in a party together before the dung. Yes I was having chat problems before. Id reset and that seemed to help though. It started again eventually in the dung.

Korenda, blazeofglory, and my self run a lot of dungeons mostly using the in game chat sometimes switching to Discord when there are major audio issues. We were running dungeons last night 5-27-19 and had audio cut out on people usually after someone died. However, sometimes someone would just quit talking and then we would realize that the audio cutout on ourselves or others.
The audio is better than it has been but it is still a big issue especially now that we have some running with quest and can not run discord at the same time. The audio issue can persist into the overworld if you leave a dungeon although it does not happen often.
A fix is usually to completely close the game and restart. This usually also causes the other players to restart the app as then at least one person is not able to hear the player who just relogged.
Please do not remove the ability to hear party members anywhere in the dungeon. People run discord partly just to have that ability and holding the compass to talk freely no matter the distance is not in my opinion a better mechanic.

Just happened again. Everyone could hear me but for Jinx lol and I cant yell as loud as he can.

I started a new character this week end and to find out that my 2 friends not earing me. Both of them use Oculus like me but i buyed my game on steam back when its all started. Could this be a problem? Could i use my Key to activate it ont my Oculus Store ?

So to be able to chat we used the Oculus group chat and it worked perfectly but no chat in game so no new friend for me :frowning:

Its happening alot while im trying to give away dragons.

No I have voice chat permanently off since I talk with guild members on discord; I only turned it on inside the dungeon and noticed the bug I experienced before - mostly when randomly joining queues, I also turn it on inside the dungeon then - is still there.
I lack data for the overworld but the few occassions where I turned it on to talk with someone or answer a question seemed fine.

We just ran 6 shards in a row (1,3,5,7,9 & 10) using in game voice only with the same group. Worked great for the first 3 shards. Then on the last 3 it was a real mess. Certain people could hear others, others couldn’t hear some. We tried all sorts of stuff to try and get it sorted before we ran the 9 sewer (resetting client, leaving the dungeon and re-entering), but could NEVER get it to work right. 1 player no one could hear, but he could hear us No matter what he did for both the 9 and 10. This was at about 7:28 CST if you have any logging going for this.

I think I was the ONLY person who could hear everyone (minus Sift who was just broken for 2 shards) through the whole thing. But our tank couldn’t hear me (the healer) which was fun.

When the VOIP works it sounds great, but man it got rough with the audio issues.

Also, wanted to add. If a player has to restart their client or relog during the shard, the voice sound switches from all of the group being able to hearing them to the positional audio. That person can hear the group just fine though. At least that was the case for the last 4 shards.

Okay thanks for the trying that, the VOIP is still a high priority for us that we are still gathering as much data on as we can to continue to improve it. If you think of anything else that would be relevant let us know.

I was sitting yesterday in Highsteppe with a few ppl, I couldn’t hear dtox, a relog fixed it, a bit later suddenly I couldn’t hear him again, so i reloged again, then he couldn’t hear me, and another thing is for me like to 90% the ppl have never that icon, that they talk next to their name. That annoys me when I’m trying to find that one person to mute, who has TV or whatever in the background.(and then the mute almost never works)
Another thing is when you stand in front of the dungeon portal you can hear the ppl upstairs as loud as they stand next to you, that’s a bit confusing

3 Likes

I tried OrbusVR on Quest for the first time yesterday.
There was a lot of crashes in the character creation, but I found a post that I should reboot the Quest before playing and it fixed the crashes.
In the starting zone, it was hard to enjoy the experience because of the heavy breathers. I found the mute option and I had to mute everyone to find the one (last one of course…)
In the city next, I had the same problem multiplied. The worst was that the distance was not affecting the volume. I was underground with no one around and I could ear everyone like they were near me.
You loose the magic of being in another world if there is no effect to distance. I finally lowered the voice volume to 40% and it was a lot better, but it affect people near me too.

1 Like

a big part of this appears to be that ‘vertical’ distance doesn’t affect volume between the two levels, and definitely it seems that the distance falloff randomly stops working, so you could be down near the portals and the heavy breather or person yelling slurs could be up by darius and you would be looking in all the wrong places

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.