Warrior needlessly complicated?

Yeah but sometimes the mob will still be moving and you’ll get stuck inside of them

1 Like

In general, it works alright. The problem comes when there are multiple mobs would get pulled that way. I often see 2-3 mobs in a group such that if I walk close enough to get one, I would get all of them.

Usually, at that point, I go fight something else until the group breaks up, but it would be nice to just pull one of those out of the group.

1 Like

And with a group, you mean they are all at the same position? I could always get one to aggro towards me while the others won’t see me. Even if they are less than 1 meter apart. I just made baby steps :slight_smile:

Plenty of times when you are surrounded by targets and only need 1 specific one it means you then have to kill nearly everything in the area to kill the one target you actually want, as face-pulling the target you want would require running through 20 targets you don’t want. Meanwhile, the other three classes just point at the one they want and pull the trigger. Putting some sort of ranged pull, attack, or taunt onto the Left Trigger I feel would be a simple, immediate improvement for the class.

2 Likes

I don’t want the class to be “just like WoW” or anything, but I think there is no harm in taking some of the good points from that game because they just plain work well.

1. I love the idea of the shield actually taking damage, but right now the little shield can only take a couple hits before it is destroyed if you are fighting any harder mob for XP grinding. I’d much rather have something like dual wield.

2. The Cleave skill doesn’t make sense unless it pulls aggro. It seems there is no AOE aggro skill at the moment? Having cleave pull aggro makes a lot more sense to me for dungeons.

3. Again in WoW the taunt skill acts like a ranged skill so you can pull mobs. That seems like it’d be a simple solution. Taunt on one trigger, charge on the other.

To pull aggro on a group of enemies, you should use your horn on the entire group then put your shield up. Every hit on your shield will generate aggro on the enemies and they will keep hitting your shield. This keeps aggro on the entire group, enough so that your group can basically damage at will for the most part.

2 Likes

Blocking attacks increases threat? Totally did not know that.

I kinda knew that, but didn’t expect it to be sufficient aggro generation. if it’s sufficient just to chill there with your shield up then that lack luster. I’d hoped the aggro combo would work just like taunt or something. I just want it to come to me when i’m hitting it, maybe for 1 second or 2 seconds your provoke makes the target attack you and face you. Maybe my norma swings will do increased threat since i’m a warrior and it’s my only job.

Most issues have been addressed, but there’s something that I haven’t seen mentioned:

Healing Potions

They should lessen the cool-down period. You can craft them in your house with 2 plants and a fish.

I did unsuccessfully try and use one during combat and was killed. Maybe my timing was off, but I expect using them between battles is more practical.
I also think all these issues can be solved by grouping with someone of another class. Even grouping with other warriors, if you take some potions with you.

1 Like

Regular healing potions do very little to heal you later on so it becomes less and less practical to have them.

Plus carrying potions in general starts to take up a lot of weight in your inventory, a separate problem, especially if you are using a potion between every fight.

@Corgi_C - That’s unfortunate. There should be increasingly stronger healing potions available to craft or buy. Thanks for the heads up, though.

There are 4 tiers of hp pots

1 Like

There are stronger healing potions but they require more and more resources which make it much harder to carry them around for pure leveling purposes.

And I’m sure that makes them harder to craft as well (more ingredients needed).

Do potions stack in your inventory?

Yes I believe they do stack in the inventory

They do stack however their weight adds up. Each potion weighs 1.0. So carrying 10 is typically not advised.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.