Warrior Nitpicks

Warrior was my first class, and i love it, i do. But i have some issues with how it functions that make it not something i want to play.

My biggest issue that make warrior frustrating to play is that, when swinging, sometimes a combo starts that i hadnt intended, or i want to switch to a different combo. It is a struggle to switch combos because the system doesnt know where one combo ends and another begins. If there was a button press or action i could do to quickly end my current combo and start a new one, so that switching between combos was easier on the fly, that would make Warrior work so much better.

I don’t agree with this. I believe that aspect of the Warrior feels natural and is part of playing Warrior. Understanding the combos is important. It just takes some practice is all.

6 Likes

I’ve been told in the past to do three upwards swings to reset the combos since none of the combos use three up swings. It isn’t necessarily the quickest action, but it is effective. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

you can generate your combos is a motion you can do in a moderate speed without tiring yourself out also you and do another combo after withouy swing up twice and you can swing your sword any direction it can be combos will work

yep I can agree with that, I used to do that in old orbus as a canceller. though I have found now its quicker to finish of a provoke beforehand and then switch insted of doing up ward swings.

As a non warrior main, it sounds like when a combo is completed then your combo-history is consumed? Could just make it where previous combos don’t get consumed, and every swing your last (4 or whatever the max would be at the time) swings are checked to see if they match a combo? Then you could restart a combo whenever you want, or chain combos into eachother.

IMO this is a much better solution & would be incredibly easy to implement (just a queue), as combat should be as fluid & fun as possible. Just because an experienced warrior can do it doesn’t mean that’s how it should be. I would argue “swing up 3x”, etc, feels unnatural rather than a simple reset. A good warrior will be able to perform combos quickly without resetting.

IMOx2 the space in which advanced warriors really need is more weapon options(maces, axe, crossbow[simple ranged attack, like a really crap/slower version of scoundrel], greatweapons, spear), be able to swap horn out for something else(like x-bow mentioned before, for ex), dual-wielding, weapon-swapping mid-battle(maybe just 2 weapons most at any time), parrying, new combos(including blocking or parrying as part of defensive combos - which would not interrupt swing based combos so you could chain them together), & sets of combos for the different weapons(wound, bleed, mini-stun, hamstring, cleave, provoke, armor-crush[+physical dmg taken de-buff, +deal a lil extra dmg on combo success], empower your next combo within 4 seconds, your shield takes less damage for X seconds, your next right swing can be a right or left swing, deals massive damage to enemies below 20% hp, reduces threat to the last target ally just charged to, etc) . Something to give more advanced players to grow into & excel at with speed of execution & using the right combo or weapon at the right time. Combined with the ability to chain combo’s together, ie combo-hits aren’t consumed at the end of a combo, warrior could have depth with some planned out ability combos & on the fly decision making. Could get talents like - for every combo completed gain a charge of +2% dmg for a 5 second stacking buff (where each charge expires individually) with a cap of 10 charges, to help DPS warriors, in addition to a combo that consumes all your combo-charges to deal massive damage, and so-on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.