Warrior range pull

Its a basic suggestion but one I believe could make a big quality of life improovement for warriors.
From my own personal experience playing one and from reading a lot of threads there it seems generally agreed that as a solo warrior pulling multiple enemies is suicide. Something which cant be avoided in a lot of places forcing you to wait and pick off lone targets.

However if they had the ability to throw a rock or knife to draw out enemies they would be able to fight the lone targets same as everyone else. It could just as easily do 0-1 damage to give no ranged advantage its just got to do enough to initiate and split the enemy packs.

2 Likes

Currently musks pull and then the warrior horns.

And that would be in a party not a solo warrior that this suggestion is to help :+1:

2 Likes

Try “face pulling” npc’s to break them up. There are very few instances where mobs hang out in packs - carefully moving into their aggro radius, tping away a few times, then engaging will give the distance you need. I am opposed to warrior having a ranged pull because I like that another class has that job in dungeons just like the old days of mmo’s.

I’m still leveling my WAR and I find it a bit frustrating too. Generally I exploit the de-aggro range, as whilst multiple mobs may aggro together, they usually deaggro at different point. So walk forwards until they aggro, then tp away rapidly until one deaggros. If both do try to rush one and catch its aggro again.

That said, I think it’s an unnecessary pain - especially since that it’s not always easy to find people to level with, and sometime you just want to solo level quietly.

Musket pulls have the advantage of opening with a debuff/effect on the enemy, so I think adding a zero damage pull for the WAR would be a good quality of life improvement that wouldn’t affect group play. Ultimately, in any group, it would be worse than any other pull, so it’s not going to be a change that affects balance.

1 Like

I think the original idea was to keep warrior more traditional in that they have not had pulling ability in other mmorpgs.

However, they kinda messed up by making the healer a solo-capable, ranged player. By doing that, they created three ranged classes and one non-ranged. By breaking with the traditional d&d classes, they created an imbalance in play styles for warrior.

Breaking the “non-pulling” ability of warrior would be a welcome change, even if it did break away from their vision of what a warrior is. Perhaps the vision needs adjusted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.