Way to get steam key

I have owned orbusvr for over 2 years I bought it on oculus I just upgraded my headset to a pimax so now i must play on steam is their away to transfer the key? I also bought the DLC. and I hate to have to buy the game plus the dlc over again. I have already spent alot of money on this game ive also bought store stuff. I downloaded the demo on steam and just put my email and password in and I have been able to play with my full Characters. and even the dlc. which I already have a few level 30s and i was playing tonight the quest of the dlc tring to get my level 27 mage up and the last ex i got it said i reached as far as I could go on the demo. so I dont know if their is anyway to switch the key over. I hate to have to pay for this and the dlc all over again especially since i have supported and been a member of orbus for so long thanks.

If you do have to pay for the steam version again, I can guarantee you that you would not have to pay for the dlc or in game items again. That is because your account remembers you payed for the dlc like you already noticed with the demo.

I am almost certain you have to buy the game itself on steam again. Luckily the game is alot cheaper now then it was 2 years ago.

1 Like

you could use revive if you really didnt want to buy the game again i think

Yah revive works fine. Some controller mapping is needed, but you can get a better mapping then steam offers natively. Or you can buy it on steam, the dlc is linked to your account and has no need to be repurchased.

The devs have already put in their view on cross-buy between steam and oculus. You won’t have to re-buy the DLC - that’s why it’s an in-game purchase (those are tied to the orbus account, rather than your oculus/steam account) rather than a steam or oculus DLC. You will have to re-buy the base game though.

Yes but I’m not going from rift to quest I’m going from rift to steam. I think its a shame u have to rebuy the game. However since I like orbus even though reborn has lost a lot of its appeal to me and being on sale for 20 on steam isn’t to bad if I don’t have to buy everything else with it. BTW I tried playing through the native oculus support with pimax it won’t work it just crashes for some reason. My comp should be able to handle it cause it plays smooth as butter with ultra settings on the steam demo. I have a fairly good mid to high end comp. 2080 super over clocked i7 9700 over clocked to 5 ghz per core 16 ram. I don’t know why it won’t work the other way so I guess I’ll just have to rebuy it. It would be nice if you could just use the demo account if you have you account info instead of repurchaseing the game, but oh well. Thank you for all your help

I also have the pimax, used for quite some time now.
Did you try revive with steam to play oculus games?
Unsure what you mean with native oculus support, you mean launching it directly with pitools? That has bin buggy a long time now, never got it to work with multiplayer games, and it’s unstable.

Yes pitool no I never used revive before ill look into it thanks

Thanks tried revive and works like a charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im a hero!

Yah, don’t trust pitools :sweat_smile:
Don’t forget to remap your controllers to your desire

its weird they said lunching from pitool is supposed to have native oculus support but oh well at least revive works. I have a question for you about pimax i am very new just got it a week ago.one of the light house base stations they sent me didnt work in a fight with them to get it rma finally after going through steam support and steam verifing it doesnt work pimax is gonna rma mine i already bought another on amazon though for 200 another 200 down the drain. so anyway now both are working and I have a small room and i am always loosing tracking any suggestions.? and also I dont know what you have I have the 8k plus what do you recommend with my specs i listed above for pitool setting and steam res, or supersampling thanks any suggestion will help like i said ive only used oculus rift and i qam very green to pimax and steam tools. though I am a IT tech so I have great computer knowledge. thanks

Oh, the 2.0 lighthouses? Just use all 3, improves tracking a lot. Place over head hight angled down. Remove or cover any reflective surfaces, make sure to download the latest pitools (you have to Google it, the check latest version botton is purely decorative). Do the room setup once in pitools, then redo it in steam vr.

I preferred the 5k+ version that I set to large FOV with 120fps. Not sure how the 8k version works at 120fps. Kind of pointless to super sample in orbus but most other games I push to 1.8 or more. I tend to use OVR advanced settings for this.

Thanks again for the tips

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.