What about a community category ? What about tags?

With the kickstarter successful, and groups for users to come in order to grant access to alpha/beta etc. Wouldn’t it be time to create one more category for the discourse ?

I’m thinking a of a category for the community creations to come : fan art / stories based on the lore as it unveils / videos and series / and fellowships. I would be personnaly interested in the last one, in order to start creating a french community around the game, as you might have heard during the last stress test that there were a lot of people shouting strange things in french in-game.

As I’m using discourse for another community (a french gaming association), I’m a big fan of tags for sorting things. So I can only support any initiative to use tags in order to avoid the multiplication of categories. ^^

1 Like

Sure, I can definitely add a Community category. I also turned on tagging, although I have never used it on here.

Thanks for these changes.

Now you have to ask yourself if you want to control tags or use the so called “folksonomy”.

I don’t really like the former, as you end up with so many tags for one thing that you can’t find anything. Bug adding tags on the go to help could be great.

As an admin, you can create tags famillies on the tags page. ( https://community.orbusvr.com/tags ) You can also limit their use by category. It’s a powerfull tool, but it needs a bit of work on your side. I don’t think it’ll be usefull at the beginning, but it could help as the community grows.

You chose well with discourse. Let me know if you need any advice on its customization. (the meta.discourse is a great source too)