What features would you like to see added to the game?

Honestly, yes. We need more content that is different from the normal loop of “Grind to 30 and the do a trillion shards for the rest of eternity.”
A variation on the dungeon system that was more than just groups of enemies, with unique transmogs as a reward would be great.
I feel like the cosmetics in Orbus are very lacking, which is a shame, because with such simple player models, you end up having a lot of people look very similar.

Absolutely agree with the leaderboard idea. Critter capture would be a good one, plus some sort of raid leaderboard maybe.

Enemy variety is one of my biggest issues with the gas most enemies are just reskins of other enemies, and it causes a lot of exploration to feel repetitive. The scavs are the only faction that seem to have any unique aspects to combat.

Multiple selections would be the biggest QoL change in the history of Orbus, lol.

Something that automatically removes potions when they have finished aging. I never age potions because i am worried i wont be online when they are finished aging. Maybe something that costs a lot of perk points, or a bunch of dram, or an achievement reward even. The possibilities for this are nearly endless.

2 Likes

There is a perk that does something about overaging. It doesn’t automatically remove potions, but it does extend the time from aged to overaged. With this perk maxed out, you get up to an extra 48 hours to grab your pots. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

New class.
Don’t care what but would be cool to have a new class since it doesn’t look like we’re going to see fixed versions of the current ones.

2 Likes

Or how about when you buy the watch transmog that it shows the correct time?

3 Likes

more mini events like sometimes a random item spawn in the overworld you can pickup for reward similar to goblin just without need for pvp or killing, another idea is lightning and whenever it strikes a special mob could spawn where it struck just to add more fun thing to do for everyone.

5 Likes

All of the enemies in the forsaken isle have completely unique attacks and ai but most people don’t even notice because they get overshadowed by the aberrations and its just not a very common place to go to.

I think the necro enemies scattered around highstepe should use the forsaken isles ai instead of just being clones of the existing enemies in the area. It would be super easy to do, the forsaken isle enemies already literally use the exact same necro enemy models and it would add some variety to early game.

I would like to see higher shards(mabey) and new armor/weapon sets

I think the game needs more DLC- I’d happily pay, quests for higher levels in forsaken (or finally complete the storyline quest since it’s the only thing left in my book), Love the dragon naming idea, Need more capes styles or be allowed to re-dye the cape into your color scheme but keep the background. I see preborn capes I mainly want just for the colors to match my armor. Add DLC to the looking for groups tab. More dragon colors, so they can match your armor as well or ability to dye non-dragon pets. Still waiting for Character customizations so I don’t feel all stalker like from thinking I know a person running by and chase after them as facial features and hairstyles are very limited (I know this one they are working on last I was told). Quest givers should offer more kill/collection quests for wastelands and forsaken. Make them quests you get in the tavern after turning 30.

5 Likes

Solo dungeons.

1 Like

The DLC has one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not enough, we need a solo raid in the next DLC.

boss rush time

Don’t know about solo dungeons/raids, but more solo content would be good.

Something to do other than grinding/farming that is actually fun for when you don’t have a group.

4 Likes

Yeah, as one of two members of Karma who still plays Orbus on a regular basis, I can attest to the fact that this game is very unfriendly to solo play. It’d be great to get a bit of an over haul to enemy AI to make it easier to solo, while adding depth to combat that isn’t currently there.

Ah ok, I’ll have to check it out. I have the DLC but haven’t gone there yet as I was concentrating on leveling all classes first.

I spent some time thinking about what soloing content would feel like a good addition to the game in my opinion and here was what I came up with:

I don’t think solo dungeons would be a good idea without significant overhauling of the combat system and an immense amount of creativity.

All the classes in the game are very specialized to their roles. Dps have complex and interesting ways of dealing damage but lack any sort of depth in their ability to directly interact with enemies. Tanks on the other hand deal damage in very simplistic ways and don’t have a ton of ability to increase their damage output but have a ton of mobility and can engage with and adapt to enemies they are fighting. Healers can do both sort of okay but get most of their complexity through how they interact with other players in their party.

I think solo dungeons would push classes to express themselves in ways that lack depth and aren’t intuitive. I think it would make more sense to explore the intended roles of the classes but in slightly different ways than is usually tested by conventional dungeons.

I think the most simplistic boiled-down example of this would be like mini games. You just ask yourself how does this class express itself and build from there.

Maybe for scoundrel and ranger you have like an aim trainer. You could have progressively smaller, farther, and faster moving targets and you could put obstacles in the way to force them to arc/curve their shots.

Maybe for mage you have like speed casting. The game tells you random spells and you get progressively less time and harder spells. You could do almost the same thing with targets moving towards you progressively faster that can only be killed with the specific spells drawn on them.

Maybe for paladin or warrior you have an obstacle course with hazards and enemies that they need to run through as fast as possible.

Maybe for bard you make their songs get progressively faster and harder and if their combo meter hits 0 they lose.

All of these are random ideas off the top of my head but my greater point here is that I think to make solo content work it should engage players in a way that feel intuitive and flavorful for their class.

4 Likes

Two words:

State tests

Example:

class state change -> state change test -> If fail, error handling

error handling:
internal report to devs + back to class state change if possible, otherwise fail with error message and description

It seems a lot of the issues that are getting reported (meeshka’s many multiclass desyncs as one of many examples) happen because there is a state change, but the change fails to complete correctly, and there is no handling for such cases.

Not only would such handling improve gameplay, but it would also be a tool for the devs to figure out why the issues happen.

3 Likes

Add a fellowship stats room to one of the unused fellowship hall rooms.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.