What is the point of hard mode raid

It gives ugly gold foil armor. There is no point to it

we work hard to defeat the bosses. and all we get is +5 gear which we already have. There is no point of doing raids when we can just do our daily 15’s

A few things…

First, transmog. You can change the way armor looks.

B, hard mode raid mount. It’s pretty cool.

III: Class specific gear. Pretty awesome for tilesets for each class.

Last, because it’s fun? Same reason you do anything else in a game lol

3 Likes

i do slightly agree with his point though, raids should definitely give the best gear in my opinon

1 Like

It did, until the upgraded shards were released. Maybe the new raid will drop better gear?

3 Likes

While sometimes I feel this way too, part of it is learning as a group
Tonight you and I came up with a whole new way to do boss 4 and got very very close to killing it
It’s also about the gratification of killing it
Last week, we wiped soooooo much in boss 1 yet this week we killed it in 3 attempts
That is improvement
Sure it may be ugly, but it’s about building community and working with others

they said that it would still be the same gear but with slightly higher + stats

which imo is kinda :poop:

I am pretty sure they haven’t said anything about what levels the armor from the new raid is going to be or what it’s going to look like.

I recall them saying something a little while ago

Then you can find it right? If it has been said it’s somewhere on the forums, but I’m very sure they haven’t said anything about the gear from the new raid.

1 Like

ive never been wrong. never. ever never. never never never. no way.

but its 2:30 am im not looking through the forums just so I can prove that they said that.

edit, i think they said that, I could be wrong, and if im wrong you get a gold star

Raid should not be better then shards. In my opinion it should be other way around because shards are keeping people longer in the game and busy. But what I already said 1000x to the devs, that the raids and shards should both contribute to the best gear combined instead of either raid or shard being better gear then the other.

7 Likes

With the first hard mode release shards only went to 10, and the raid gear was the top gear. Then shards went on to 15, with the gear catching up to raids and a hint more with +6 weapons.

Obviously any new content should be slightly better then the last to lure us back to grinding some more. So upping the raid, and then following with shards to match the level is the way to go!

2 Likes

And why would that be, other than to privilege big guilds and players from certain timezones while others are locked out from it…? It should not matter if you reward a group of 5 or 10 which is skilled enough to down a boss. With 10 it’s sometimes even easier-to-get-rewards since not every single one has to pull his weight, that’s more common in smaller groups.

It is really not easy to organize raids in a game with such a small playerbase… Rn the game is full due to very special circumstances, but eu and other timezones always had major troubles to scratch 10 people together (all with appropriate gear and skill) to raid.

We did couple hm- and normal raids at the start at normal eu times, teaming up with 2-3 (!!) guilds, but it was always a major fuzz to organize these (peak time where server is fullest is 3-4am here) and lots of rl time flowing in just for that.
It’s bad enough imo that class-specific gear is dropping raid-exclusively (and I couldn’t care less how it looks, however simply slapping a gold foil over it surely wasn’t the coolest idea…).

I think hardest raids and hardest shards should yield the same gear level (that means, a chance for +6 legendaries should certainly be added to the drops of the last boss in hardmode raids!), yet perhaps other transmogs. Pets, mounts etc. are already in so you get something special this or that way.
And as Mishka stated, it’s a fun-activity, specially for guilds who got that much members that 10 are on same time and all can do content together instead of building 2 groups.

But the “skill” to gather a group of 10 is not what I would like to see heavily rewarded. It has nothing to do with the game, but rather with random circumstances like timezones etc.

PS: And I wished they’d also always add new raids together with new dungeons. Only a raid coming just means alot of work organizing groups for this, again. And if by then we really only have the ever-same-dungeons to play for 6/7 days per weeks, no-one will be around anymore or only come on for the raid once a week… I’m not really looking forward to that.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.