When is the next stress test/beta/alpha/WhatEverYouGetIt

I was thinking and i remembered how there was supposed to be a test of sorts in february, and it is now february! really looking forward to it and was wondering if anyone new specifically when it was supposed to be.

1 Like

I would like to know too

hehe ā€¦ My Vive hungersssssss

I believe that the next one is on the 23rd.

I hope this is true! I missed the last one and I canā€™t wait to see all the additions shown in the last videos!

why not a test every week.

Yes, itā€™s going to be the 23rd. It will be about 10 hours long again.

We donā€™t do one every week because there is a lot of polishing work that has to go into them. For example, letā€™s say that we are thinking the Warrior is going to use a shield a certain way. So I put together a quick prototype for that. Then we play around with it. If we had to do a stress test with it, weā€™d have to do a lot more testing, refining, fixing bugs, etc. Then we might end up scrapping it entirely ā€“ so that was a lot of wasted effort.

By doing them every 4 or 5 weeks we have a lot more time to do those prototype/test/change/scrap/repeat cycles internally without needing to polish them up.

Once we hit Beta, we will be in a place where we are no longer changing large portions of the game mechanics anymore, and we can do much longer, more frequent tests, eventually just leaving the server up 24/7.

i cryā€¦ i am leaving half way throught the day on the 23rdā€¦ :ā€™(, what time will it be starting?

Heyy, Isnā€™t it more like stresstest if we can try it on saturday or sunday? because if its at the 23th its in the middle of the week and a lot of peoples are working/ in school. Well you be able to move it to the 25/26th feb? that would be very cool ^^

best regards Sven

Ya, I would rather it be on the 25th or 26th, Iā€™ll be in school when it starts, and I want to log as many hours as possible into this game, and it would just work better with my schedule.

23rd of february or march?

february, i heard they will do it every few months and the next month after jan is feb :slight_smile:

Iā€™d really like a weekend as well but letā€™s see.

Our original plan was to not do another test at all until the first Alpha test, which will likely be in late March. Our goal for that test is to do it for an entire weekend, not just 10 hours.

However, weā€™ve added and changed so much since the last test (honestly, itā€™s crazy sometimes when I look back at videos of the last test) that we decided it was worth squeezing in one more Pre-Alpha test next week. Thatā€™s why itā€™s on a Thursday again and itā€™s only for 10 hours.

So those of you who canā€™t make it for the test next week, I do apologize, but in March you will be able to have your fill of OrbusVR, I assure you :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be the judge of how much OrbusVR it will take to ā€˜have my fillā€™ ā€¦ thank you very much! :slight_smile:

do you have to register for the alpha or something? or can you just enter and play?

Canā€™t wait to try this ! VR MMORPg is just a dream atm

Just be signed up on the site (which you already are if youā€™re posting on the forums). Next week as we get closer to the test weā€™ll post a client to download and then youā€™re all set. We donā€™t have a formal ā€œregister for Alpha/Betaā€ thing yet although we will probably put that in place before the next test.