Which Talents Do You Use?

I think the polls regarding what classes people play are pretty telling, so let’s get a little more into it! What Talents do you use? I’m not picking every talent, but rather very specific ones.

Mage Talent
  • True Affliction (Spells give DOT stacks)
  • Elemental Affinity (Spells give buffs)

0 voters

Ranger Talent
  • Rapidity
  • Precision

0 voters

The Other Ranger Talent
  • Improved Charge (Charged shot applies Slow)
  • Rapid Charge (Charged shot charges in 1 second instead of 2)

0 voters

Scoundrel Talent
  • True Gambler (each crit gives 10% extra crit chance/+10% incoming damage)
  • Guaranteed Win (every 6th shot is a crit)

0 voters

Warrior Talents
  • Rage (Wound gives Bleed)
  • Righteousness (Provoke Heal)

0 voters

Musketeer Talent
  • All For One (Lifewell increases Cure Wounds by 50%)
  • One For All (Charge turret by holding for 2s)

0 voters

This should be eye opening lol

1 Like

What about selfish Vs shared streak
Belling of might Vs defense
Counter attack Vs ocerheal

1 Like

Hey now, I can only handle so many unused talents at once… :joy:

#buff true affliction

2 Likes

Yaaa I’m looking at what players are playing, what they’re NOT using, and will be making a plea similar to my DPS balance plea based on the data :slight_smile:

I like where this is going.

Buff or re-work the non-meta talents!

True Affliction Runemage could be SO good!

Guaranteed Win and Easy Mode are virtually useless by comparison to True Gambler and On The Line.

Forced metas suck! Boooo!

2 Likes

Having options is the goal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this thread open to discussions about potential changes to facilitate having more options?

Because I think Guaranteed Win and Easy Mode need replacements, I’m just not quite sure what those replacements should look like & I’d like to spark a conversation about it, but I’m willing to make a separate post for that.

1 Like

You can do that here if you’d like :slight_smile: I’m gonna make another post about a week from now with changes I’d like to see, including talent updates.

Sick, then I’m gonna start it off with a couple of loose concepts for replacements:

Replace “Guaranteed Win” with one of the following:

• “Croupier”: Similar to TG, critical strikes add a debuff which stacks up to 5 times, BUT each stack only gives a 5% increase in crit chance, and it applies to the entire party
  • “Card Counter”: Using a card (throwing it up & then firing a shot for the effect) adds a 10% chance for a random extra card to appear in your next deck, stacks up to 5 times

Replace “Easy Mode” with one of the following:

• “Fast Paced”: Your curved shots no longer receive a ranking. Instead, all curve shots apply a flat 35% damage increasing debuff. However, the duration of the debuff is decreased significantly.
  • “Toxicity”: Your curved shots apply an additional debuff that increases the damage dealt by all DoT ticks.

These are just some quick ideas off the top of my head, none of them are terribly thought out at this point so feel free to criticize them into the ground & also to offer your own suggestions for replacements and/or changes for Easy Mode and Guaranteed Win.

While I’m at it, as a side-note, I think a potentially good change for True Affliction would be if the DoTs from Fireball and Frost spells stacked up to 3 times just like Affliction does already.

3 Likes

#bufftrueaffliction

2 Likes

I use Plea of Protection. Screw everyone else - they can keep themselves alive!

3 Likes

Honestly, same. Mostly because I’m in the camp of “better safe than sorry” as a Tank. Maybe if I Tanked enough to be super comfortable I’d go with Might, but that extra health bar after unbending when things go wrong has saved several runs!

i honestly think they should have a new ability every +40. but thats just me.

i’m very comfortable in the “i’m a tank not a bard” boat lol

1 Like

card counter actually sounds super cool. getting a random card seems detrimental actually because on average your deck is the same quality just less predictable. The way I imagined it is that using a card gives a buff that gives a 10% chance of having a card shuffled into your next deck after using it. like other buffs, this would not affect the card that gives the buff.

This would add some interesting optimization where it might be worth using a light/ice and risking shuffling if you are at low stacks in order to build stacks.

This would be pretty strong but its also competing against a talent that gives +50% crit chance so probably still fair.

alternatively you could also have burning cards give the buff instead.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.