Who can guess the the bard mechanics the best?

I’m really excited for the bard as I enjoy most rythm based mechanics in any form.
Let’s try to guess the actual mechanics before getting any more hints.
We’ll start by getting some baseline inspiration/references:

• Pressing or sliding at the right prompted moment (like Osu! or any mobile rythm game)
  • Game mechanics involving sound often have waveforms that you need to adjust to match the template frequency.
  • Music or sound does not have one single direction it travels (even though you have to look at the sound source in a lot of vr games to hear it which I hate…). Sound generally affects everything around it in 3d games.

Now try to get everything rom the short description.

The Bard is a support class focused around conducting your own personal mini-orchestra of musical orbs.

By keeping them in-sync and choosing the right instrument at the right time, you can support your party members, heal your allies, weaken your enemies, and even deal a little damage of your own!

So we have orbs somewhere around us that need to move either to a set motion or in correlation to each other.

Choosing instruments could mean splitting a specific amount of orbs into groups of instruments. A… magic electro guitar…maybe would always proc damage, your harp heals. your flute buffs. If you have 6 orb slots you could put 3 guitar orbs and 3 harp orbs for leveling. So you start a fight and you can control your orbs: T
tap to change the melody. Switching 3-6 orbs to one melody activates a stronger proc of the effect, the effect of the instrument that controls the most orbs. At the same time you always have to keep them in a specific motion with sliding motions to get regular (like every 2 sec) procs of all orb effects in your loadout.

All effects always have the reach of a bubble around you.

Thats my guess anyway, what do you think?

Edit: Oh and you can control the radius of your effects by adjusting the volume.

2 Likes

Basically you just sing in highsteppe and earn dram as tips from other players.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I know some people already doing that… but I do believe they should rather ask for dram tips to stop it, that’s more promising :joy:

(If I become a bard, I want a harp, please!)

bard

1 Like

I envision waving around a conductors wand(?) In some sort of motion that guides around orbs that represent the abilities you select. A general casual motion (figure 8 pattern for example) would make each orb have a certain passive ability (and corresponding musical sound) and a more aggressive/fast, harder to pull off motion could prompt a different passive ability (and sounds) each orb could also have active abilities controlled by touching a particular orb with the wand and then flinging it at a location (causing a corresponding sound that syncs in with the music, like a cymbal crash) Ult could be a crescendo where the intensity of the orb abilities (and sounds) are greatly enhanced and the required conducting motion is more demanding of the conductor so that a better conductor would be able to sustain the ult longer.

I imagine that the conductor would be constantly moving the wand around to sustain the abilities, and that there would be corresponding musical sound based on how the orbs are moving, which the conductor would be able to use to identify what the orbs are doing.

Different orbs could respond better to certain types of conducting patterns. So you could keep all the orb abilities active with any conducting pattern, but you could focus and enhance certain orbs by using a pattern that orb specifically responds to.

The non baton hand could be used to control volume/intensity of the orb effects. Raising it could make the orbs become unstable, requiring more precise conducting for a short period of time, before resuming a more general baton stroke.

Maybe the Bard sounds could actually control boss fight music…wait that wouldnt work when you start having multiple bards in a party…unless they had to work together somehow, or conduct based on world music synced across the entire party…

2 Likes

I’ve got you bro: “conductor’s baton”

1 Like

B̶e̶a̶t̶ Orbus Saber with different melodies for each buff/debuff

EDIT:
Or karaoke game like

Where
Level 1 buff - with text and tone preview
Level 2 buff - only tone preview
Level 3 buff - you have to sing with no guide (only with music)

(But I don’t know who would like to hear us singing :-D)

https://i.gifer.com/HvC6.gif Music fight, kung fu hustle

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.