Wilds (Fishing, Gathering and Mob Drops for those)

i always offload everything on my character now thats trade droppable before heading to the wilds then whenever i get drops i dont breakdown anything till i leave so they cant get shards off me and as far as gathering/fishing every so often make a house run and play safe… i agree i hate that pvp isnt optional in whats basically the only zone to hunt end game solo but since i have no choice i take precautions if they do kill me they wont get much.

Slandaro

Only happened 1 time for me so far, guy ran up while fishing and said your about to die you better load out, I ignored him and kept fishing. They killed me, whatever. If you get fun out of killing someone who wont fight back, have at it and keep up the ganking.

I dislike PVP, and am not going to participate. I will just stand and die, no challenge or fun for you from killing me.

4 Likes

I’m with you, I dislike Pvp. Some people do, so I understand why it was chosen to make Pvp areas. I don’t understand why there is a necessity of switching to a defenceless class like fisherman to get area specific fish in the pvp zone. I just feel it makes people into unfair targets.
I have gone into the pvp zones, but always as a group for Abberations, not to pvp.

I’m so with you, each his own, but this story - killing a passive fisher for fun or loot - reminds me of the little kiddos in Ark who run around in groups with their endgame gear killing every naked level 1-6 they see, feeling like the big bosses :smiley: Nothing of this has to do with pvp really.
I understand some love the challenge and fight against other players, but why not have arenas for that - IF you are into pvp it likely can be as frustrating just to run around randomly and wait for others to fight against - or at least areas where you don’t miss out on any pve content. Fine, why not gather nice stuff while you wait for your pvp challenge, but if certain resources or drops are solely available for those who either pay or be forced to play a style they don’t like, now that is pretty lame.

Most people don’t attack in the wilds, which is unfortunate, that is not what they are designed for. So you should be pretty safe. I personally wish every area was PvP, but maybe when you die you wouldn’t lose your items in the areas that aren’t wild. It adds an extra excitement and challenge to the game. What is the fun of beating a mob that does the same attacks over and over again. At least in PvP there is some variety. They did say battlegrounds would be coming in content patch 3 which will be nice.

1 Like

Yeah, what we want with the Wilds is for there to be a risk component to getting those materials, which are needed for crafting high-end items. Basically by going into the Wilds you are choosing to participate in the economy, and we want there to be some competition there that goes beyond just who is online the most or who has the most time to grind.

That said, the “PvE” version of that would be basically buying the already-gathered materials from other players if you don’t want to PvP. Obviously there is going to be a premium built into the price based on that risk, but that’s what we want happening.

Finally, we will be introducing some additional crafting ingredients in future content that are gathered from high-end PvE as well. Not the same stuff (that would defeat the whole purpose), but for example you might need an ingredient from the Wilds and an ingredient from a high-end Shard Dungeon to make a new potion. Obviously not everyone would gather both themselves, a barter/trade would make sense for most players.

3 Likes

The funny thing is I haven’t gotten killed(by players) all of the times I have gone into the wilds.
But I am of the other mind where if I get killed by someone, that is a license to HUNT! :grin::sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:
And yes I have done fishing.

Agreed @Johann I am glad there are open PvP areas. It seems like the population at 20 is the (temporary) issue that causes a lack of pvp.

Just wanted to chime in since this topic is getting lots of attention and say that people pvping in a pvp zone is not scummy or dishonourable - it’s the expectation, or should be. Once there are more players in there it’s totally possible that groups of mercs or certain guilds will exist to protect people who refuse to fight. I have said in other threads that fellowships like UoH shouldn’t bother trying to prove they are pvping in good faith - they will get smeared either way, just be the heel because there are those of us who love it when someone takes that role. Not griefing or trolling or verbally rude, just not afraid to waste someone who has willingly entered a PvP zone. Don’t want the risk? Don’t enter the wilds, or get some guardians. It’s nice to see Riley in here as usual sharing their vision and standing by the wilds at endgame.

I actually really want to see guards pop up as part of the direct to player service economy (much like artificing)
We might even see guilds dedicated to it

Well he did give you the option to surrender your loot. If you don’t want to participate in PvP maybe you should stay out of PvP areas. That player was fully in his right to kill you for your loot don’t try to make him look bad. Open world PvP doesn’t have to be fair.

He is a healer, good luck trying to kill a healer 1 vs 1. They can run and heal for days:)

1 Like

No, I want to fish, if someone wants to gank me, have at it. Its all you will be doing is killing me. Ill just come back later and fish.

Dont really care if you want to PVP, I dont, and wont. I could just run and heal, but that would give you some thrill or challenge of which I will give neither. Nope if you want to kill me you will have to do it like a low life ganker

If your running and healing, ;'m sure they would give up, no one wants a long battle, especially if you are running to the guards. The guards will kill them, you laugh and pick up their loot.

Sounds good to me. Where do you fish?

1 Like

In the wilds, im there all the time, solo.

1 Like

That’s perfectly valid. You absolutely do not have to participate. You understand the risk you’re taking and choose not to actively do anything different.

which wilds we’d all like to come say hullo :wink: hehe j/k i dont care for pvp either

Reading through comments I don’t think people who are into pvp, including devs, really understand those who simply hate it… I don’t only hate to be killed by “real” people on the other side of my screen (though I did try it in various games I flatout don’t like it; and yea if you do that to me while I am trying to farm I would avoid playing with you after, sorry) I also hate to kill others. Being a healer I am always thrilled if I can help, and well I love to build up a community, quest together, master dungeons, I never got bored encountering pve mobs since in actively developed games there is new content every now and then.

And no, I don’t find it a brilliant solution to be punished for that attitude with having to pay drams to those who play this style of game. I want to have a choice, in games I played so far that is to play arenas or choose a different server to start from, and I like the idea to not get exact same, but least equal stuff from pve content.

The problem of force-mixing players is confirmed, actually, by those posts who note some are p*ssed over being attacked (I read that in a pvp guild recruitment post) and others who note most don’t attack, well sure they don’t if every pve guy and girl is sent to farm out there and with players flooding in since the release their number will grow fast I guess.

Btw omg market stalls, I saw ruined potions offered in HS or potions which take me minutes to farm for 1000s drams. Now to get 2k drams took me around 50h playing time, now I’m at a point where I get blue gear to break up, still would need 40 such drops to get to this amount, to buy one single potion or two, so if that’s what it takes to get further with the pve content, or farm yourself in pvp areas, nah I guess I chose the wrong game then, after all.

And well, a guild which will protect pve people out there? I get some got endless time, but to be realistic, that would be incredibly boring, I don’t think regular raids, dungeons and your own farming would really allow that but I’m not 20 yet so I will just look how things develop.

Can’t wait to hit 20, being close 18 this will happen this weekend, the latest I hope, and first I will just run around in all the areas with my look-whos-level-20-face, buffing random people. Then in the wilds I will be with NO tradable stuff whatsoever on me. I won’t fight, just use all my healing thingies, lookin which *ssholes kill me anyways - it might take you a bit, I hope :smile: - and that will be fun perhaps, yea that is actually worth the drams for repairs :D. Thanks for the tipp with the guards also.

4 Likes

thats why i like games that have a pve server and a seperate pvp server but i do understand what the dev’s are going for here and although i detest pvp these days(used to really be into it when i was a kid but at 42 just have no time for that kinda play) i do like the idea of pvp helping promote marketable items as a brand spanking new market stall owner i look forward to farming and selling lol :slight_smile: if you ever see me in the wilds though no need to fear me i never attack first unless you’ve attacked me first in the past and frankly i never carry more than 10 of anything on me now before stopping back at my house and offloading before porting back… so if i am killed chances are they arent gonna get much… if i see someone attacking you i will come help though at least if your in game name is the same as on here… good luck

Slandaro

1 Like

This is a really old debate - everyone understands how much some people dislike pvp. I could equally hear UoH saying you do not understand how much they adore it. Downplaying the suggestion of merc or protective fellowships because you would find it boring seems obvious from your perspective, but I have been strongly considering doing this exact thing because I want to PvP but don’t want to take hate and ridicule I don’t deserve from people trying to demonize me like I am coming into their homes and eating their favourite candies out of the dish.

That really is the tone in some of these posts - that aggressive players in the wild are somehow reprehensible for attacking a stranger in the wilds. You will notice most pvpers are not accusing the other side of disliking it due to skill level, or calling anyone carebears, they just want to keep pvp in the game.

It feels a bit like this is a pot ready to boil over so let me just say I am not the “shoot first” type either in most scenarios. My suggestion is to wait and see how things shake out with more time - those threads being referenced about pvp guilds also have other guilds suggesting they hunt said pvpers. That sort of thing is just so much more exciting to many of us than just another fishing spot.

Lastly, would anyone else be interested in the idea of a merc guild that cruised around the wilds helping for donations? Sort of “tip us some fish if you like”. I got this idea because there is a high lvl player who I owe so much of my knowledge to, and all I can really offer them in recompense is my sword arm. I plan on offering up that protection when they fish out there.

1 Like