Windows VR and Smooth Locomotion

Please allow people to choose between using the touch pads or joysticks for smooth locomotion. I understand people like the touch pads but they seem so much less responsive than a joystick. Its a lot more jumpy instead of “smooth” as the name emplies.

1 Like

Often times when im shooting as a ranger my character keeps moving after i take my thumbs off… it drives me nuts…could be a defective controller though.

Mine does this some times too, I either keep moving or keep turning after I had removed my thumb. Generally it will keep going until I touch the pad again, so it may just be a windows MR thing in general. I have the Dell Visor just out of curiosity if you have the same, although I imagine the controllers for each one are exactly the same.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen with the HTC Vive as well. I think it’s a touchpad thing.

1 Like

the keep moving after hands are off is a feature not a bug its basically autorun. on oculus you do this by pressing the grip button while holding forward then letting go of all… not sure about HTC Vive

I can assure you it isn’t that unfortunately. Most times I’m just lightly holding the controller in hand and when I lift my thumb I keep running. Not good for a squishy runemage to run head first into battle and can’t draw while moving. Lol I’ve been trying to pinpoint when it happens for awhile now. It also seems to happen on both controllers. Regardless WMR controllers should definitely be able to use the joysticks.

I had this issue but then i found this… https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2705398

vive-joystick-mod

Works like a charm. You can download the file from thingiverse. Then upload the file to https://www.shapeways.com and i think its like $13 bucks shipped to your door.

2 Likes

THANK YOU :)!
Im going to look into these!!

Still searching the forum on this topic, but I’d also like to know if other forms of movement are planned?

This method looked interesting:

There is this, but I don’t know if it works with OrbusVR. So buy at your own discretion, tell us if it does work or not if you do :grin:

Not supported in oculus rift yet, but for $5, maybe I’ll pick it up, hope for the best, or a future update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.