Are characters from before reborn broken?

Hi all. I played before reborn launched, but I don’t seem to be doing the damage and healing that I would expect…

Is this because of ONLY gear, or are the character classes themselves bugged/broken? I was informed by someone in game that I would need to reroll my character because my musketeer heals/spells will treat my current level as “1” and then begin leveling and scaling from there. Is this true?

It’s just a gear issue, get a new weapon and you’ll get better results.

Oh good. Thank you so much! I was going to be sad if I had to reroll

You’re welcome, have fun :smiley:

It is a gear issue but Musky healing was also nerfed into the ground for PVP. (This effecting PVE in the fact you heal for so much less.) You need to choose your talents again though

Musketeer healing in Reborn is actually higher from a potency-standpoint than it was in the old game. The only difference is that players have more health now. However, enemy attacks also did not increase potency-wise. So essentially in Reborn the combat is just less “edge of the knife” in the sense that it takes more attacks to kill a player from an enemy, and also more attacks to heal them back to full from a healer.

Unless there was a change I don’t constitute half of a musketeer’s own health in healing very good. Cure wounds used to be a full heal in reborn and yes it does more healing but not enough to compete with the health bar, basically nerfing it in PVP and PVE due to the healing realistically being less than regular Orbus. The numbers of healing may be higher but the health has increased past that so now in PVP it is much easier to kill a musky and in PVE they heal the tank with this same level of healing which might not be enough healing for a tank. This may have been changed though in a more recent patch and I would not know but this is how it felt.

2 Likes

I know how you feel, I need to give ALL my heals to the tank and it’s still not enough, and then is almost nothing left for the dps, I feel pretty useless as a healer atm, I can sit there and see how they just die

Maybe it’s a gear problem atm but I dont know

2 Likes

I made the same sad experience and simply stopped playing the musketeer. in my eyes it was only pain to play - even against the lowest mobs at highsteppe.

It makes sense though. You can’t have a class that does 10x less damage then other classes that already complained in the old game of how slow it was to kill mobs and then double the mobs health and expect that to be okay xD So maybe also increase the poison orb power and normal shots? It is not like increasing musky dps for PvE will have any bad effect what so ever.

1 Like

I dont even really get why I lvld my healer up…After doing a few shards up to a lv 8 so far, I was only NEEDED as a healer for 1 trash group and that only because of the wounded debuff, at every other time I can be rather a dps and kill stuff. For me is healer atm the most boring and useless class, think even a bingo bongo bard is more useful :woman_shrugging:

I keep seeing snippets of this here and there but haven’t gotten any solid feedback regarding it. Are you saying that your group could literally not bring a Musketeer or a Bard (any healing) and then do a Level 4 or 5 shard dungeon for all dungeons? Or is that just certain fights?

what I assume they mean is that if the group is good enough a healer isn’t needed, this was also the case for t10 shards the last few months of normal orbus where it was only mist keeper, soul keeper and the trio boss in the desert dungeon that healers were used. every other boss and all trash packs were ran without a healer.

2 Likes

So the big difference I see between this game and the old game is that in the old game there were those few encounters where a healer was absolutely neccesary (Potato’s mentioned mist keeper, soul keeper and the trio boss). These encounters have all one of the following formats:

• A dps gets a guaranteed damage (no way to dodge) so they will have to get healed back.
  • A tank will die faster then it can stay alive AND it will not be able to run away of the boss (kiting) without breaking the whole boss fight. (e.g. Mistkeeper, don’t run bc green mist keeps killing you anyway)

Any other situations I don’t see a need for a healer. Realize that there are so many ways to work around not dying without a healer. And when the mobs become so powerfull that kiting doesnt work I can tell you the current heals will definately not work either anymore XD Unless a specific mechanic gets into place.

Also another important thing for the healers to feel more useful, they need to see there purpose. Mistkeeper worked very great because they clearly needed to put down a lifewell that showed this specific action needs to be done at this time. And when an AoE happens they shield the tank. Or someone almost died from a pool from raid boss 5, well snipe him a cure wounds. This specific ‘on the moment’ actions made a healer feel useful, needed and fun.

5 Likes

Maybe if a healer is in the party at the end of a dungeon everyone gets an extra reward chest? Or maybe there could be a buff everyone gets for more dram or reagents? Just something to make people want healers.

We trying to fix a class. Not break it with sarcasm :expressionless:

Ok well weakness seems to be a big help maybe try buffing that for muskies.

1 Like

There are some higher shard bosses where we definitely do need a healer.

I think musketeers need a little love though…

1 Like

Ya the thing is that they are not needed currently on lower shards even without shard gear. When a boss doesn’t need a healer on a T1 for a decent Warrior or a beginner Pally then you know the fight with healer is just to smooth out the difficulty on the higher shards. But probably not nessecary for always. (Finding new tactics :upside_down_face: higher gear )

Without supercharging my turret, it feels really damn weak, so you’re kinda forced to lose half your health and sit there 2 seconds before throwing your turret out each time and then empower it after that with orbs, leaving you with no orbs at all, just to be effective, it just feels bad right now

And on top of this, if you don’t have an orb loaded into your gun and you get hit between that 2 seconds of grabbing your turret you can’t do anything but die via letting go of the turret

1 Like