Are characters from before reborn broken?

Well I know how much passive healing could possibly be and it’s not a whole lot so that’s definitely not the whole story here.

Provoke heal seems to be more effective than paladin heal, but mostly I think the difference between the two comes in the anti-tankbuster. Warrior takes no damage, paladin takes a big hit.

Bahaha I was only seeing it from the musky prospective. In my mind though the hit was still.part of the rotation. So it would still be like he hit you the miss just would not do damage. May be a pain for shield management though

Well there’s only a tankbuster on one fight right now so I don’t think that can be the major factor. The only difference between the shield and Pally absorption from that regard is just that “overflow” damage from shield on that one attack doesn’t get through, but on the flip side Warriors have no defense against AoE attacks (e.g. danger pools and poisons and whatnot) whereas Pally absorption covers all that…so I would expect that to lead to some fights where Warriors are a little better or Pallys are, but not a blanket situation where Warriors don’t need healers on any fight and Pallys always require them all the time.

Wellll provoke heal is definately slower then the paladin heals. It is more the amount of up time on the shield that helps the warrior back on health in time when shield coming back. We did a T8 sewer yesterday and what I had to do to stay alive without kiting was stunning on the second hit of not having a shield to just have enough time for my shield to come back before he would kill me next hit.
(talking about rat boss btw)

Yes, I would like the tankbuster to consistently break my shield!

Another thing to consider is higher level warriors, from what I’m guessing (I could be wrong/haven’t asked) are generally provoke healing extremely well. I assume a consistent 3/4 hits per second to get the provoke combo without fail.

In comparison to the Paladin that can only use a heal libram or an empowered heal with no physical skill ceiling to the mechanic giving much bigger range of self healing.

I can’t say I’ve seen/played enough with a Paladin to know if this is better or worse

1 Like

Just circling back to this so I have the right info, the attacks that are currently insta-kill even on low-level shards are:

• Boss 2 Airship Line Attack
  • Boss 1 Crypt Beam
  • Boss 1 Sewer Poison Drop

And for example the Boss 2 Crypt attack where all the orbs shoot out from the middle do not insta-kill at low level shard.

This, as long as you survive long enough for your shield to come back you’ll be able to heal back to full before it breaks again and since we don’t have a lot of tank busters ,this is even easier than in OG orbus because you don’t really need to manage your shield you can just hold it up.

Or the dungeon troll for example is not dealing any damage to you while he’s stunned so healing is only really required while he’s not stunned AND your shield is down which on a 10 we did that boss without a healer and the most I had to survive was around 2 hits.
The second airship dungeon also has so many other mechanics that each have their own animation that pauses his melee hits causing you to not really take that much damage.

In OG you would have a lot more downtime on the shield and take overall more damage because of tank busters, usually it would break your shield on the first tank buster, then you’d have to take 3 hits and have it back again for the next tank buster and after that only be able to block 1-2 hits between each tank buster.
This is also why it was only really the few bosses that didn’t have tank busters that could be face tanked without a healer on higher shards until we got raid gear.

1 Like

Having done all the shard 10s multiple times here is my feedback:

Broken halls

First boss - requires a healer.
Second boss - requires a healer.

Airship

First boss - requires healer

Second boss - if everyone dodges all damage, Healer not required for experienced groups.

Crypt

First boss - healer not required if its a warrior and no one gets hit. Healer required for Paladin.

Second boss - healer required. Ads will wreck party without healer.

Sewers

First boss - Boss hits like truck. Healer required.

Second boss - Healer mostly required… But its very dangerous with the mice… at higher levels the tank dies to mice without a healer.

@Asmund_T correct me if I am wrong on something here.

My solution to requiring a healer is to make sure healers have significant enough dps boost/utility for the party. We like to run with Bard’s because of their boost and utility and they still bring a little bit of damage but find it hard to justify bringing a musketeer who does not have a decent dps off spec.

2 Likes
  • first boss on broken halls we definitely need a healer when a warrior is tanking, at least the way we do it.

• first boss I could probably do without a healer with some more practice, tho that would be mainly kiting it when my shied goes down

They all don’t require a healer because kiting exists to be honest.

1 Like

Thanks. Updated. 20chars

Boss 1 Crypt Beam and Rocks (I thought Beam was meant to instakill?)
Boss 2 Airship line attack (fairly certain the impending doom thing is supposed to instakill)
Boss 1 Sewer poison drop (less instant, more definite)
Boss 2 Broken Halls (I think Gaze is meant to instakill so probably okay)

second boss on broken halls do need it, there is no way(that we know of at least) for the DPS to completely avoid taking damage.
and first boss on broken halls you kinda need it too.
for lich king I would not want to try kiting three adds and watch out for his death burst at the same time tbh.
but other than that, yes, the rest could probably be kited.

They are an extremely skilled pain to do yes, but I swear that that pain will be broken eventually just like the old game. So I keep my statement.

Broken halls second boss MIGHT be the exception on a high shard.

Have you actually been able to kite them? We added in a new mechanic with Reborn where if the boss can’t actively reach its target within a certain amount of time, it essentially begins getting a speed boost to the point where it should make kiting not a viable strategy. So if that didn’t work I’d like to fix that.

Of course I know like the ramp on the Airship dungeon makes kiting more do-able, but I specifically mean in a normal boss room where it’s just a big flat room.

You don’t need to kite long. Just long enough to have one less normal hit on you before your shield comes back. I only kited airship because it was only needed then with a lvl 15 warrior. So no didn’t do it yet elsewhere :man_shrugging:

Lollll this is evil!! I love it!

I haven’t really tried kiting other than the first boss on the airship, but there I didn’t really notice anything like that.
just to make it clear, when you kite as a warrior you usually only kite until your shield is back then face tank until your shield breaks then start kiting again.