Camping teleport kills

teehee I’m suggesting that as a proposed change to help with the spawn killing. so when the announcement comes you could go to highsteppe toggle off and then teleport to the area and toggle on when you’re ready but cannot toggle off until the event is over at least.
If you are already toggled on then you cannot attack people that have not toggled on.
If you forget to toggle off before entering the event, then you get spawnkilled. if you remember you can exit the teleport and search for the goblin, as soon as you attack it or anyone else you are then toggled on at least until the event is over.

As far as the titles go, that’s pretty cool they have it already but could of been used as an incentive to play nice! How about a permanent title then? or some other option however random or odd it maybe.

The problem is not the actual mechanics of PvP is that some players simply don’t play by the “Standardized code of ethics” If they did then this would be a nonissue. Players know it, they know that people don’t like it, they know that society in general doesn’t like dirty play/unfairness, but they do it anyway.

Just like the example I paraphrased above - wouldn’t it be nice to play in a game where the community came together as a whole and simply beat down the offenders? Imagine 100 players spawn camping a spawn camper over and over again. Maybe they’d think twice about it next event.

There isn’t a real solution because in essence they are correct. If you flag for world PvP then that’s your choice, right? So rather than trying to punish or correct the flaw - offer an incentive instead.

You catch more flies with honey they say. /shrug

How about if you’re reported by let’s say more than 5 players you lose your title for the week? Would that have any effect?
EDIT: Nevermind. According to the wiki every single one of them is available.

1 Like

i do not like teleport killed before the zone shows up

1 Like

+1
10 characters

It happened again today

And will continue to happen unless something is done about it either via patch or via the devs taking some kind of action.

i believe it was mentioned that there will be some changes to help address this coming soon already. There is likely a patch on Tuesday which may see some changes to the trickster goblin and how that works in general as well as the teleport pillars… No exact confirmation from Riley about if that will happen on tuesday though, but the issues have been noted by the dev team and I can imagine that their intent is something close to this.

Well, yeah, that’s what happens when a tactic works; it gets used again.

1 Like

2 Likes

Verry goblinslayer :slight_smile: , why hunt if you can slawter at spawn?

3 Likes

+1
The entire reason I ended up paying for a character transfer to a PvE server that you could toggle your flag. Then they released BG and I never toggled on unless we were raiding alliance capital for example.

This is an odd instance because of the teleport stones - I’ve never experienced teleporting into a zone in other games so this issue never came up. Ultimately people are right in saying its world pvp because it is. At the same time I consider it griefing and unfair play. But some people have no honor because they feel they can hide behind their toon on the innernetz and have no repercussions.

Eventually if these players continue to do it then no one will play PvP so in essence they are just hurting what they enjoy most about the game.

It’s like hunting animals in a fenced in area where they can’t escape. The concept is literally the same. The animal can’t run, so how is that 'hunting". It’s just cheap and really really bad form.

But head to South Africa and you can to this day pay to shoot a lion of whatever and people still do. smh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.