Can't Infuse blue into purple

Right now you can’t infuse stats from blue gear into purple gear, despite it having the same stat type. Is this intentional or a bug?

Right now it’s intentional that the rarity has to match.

What?! Whats the point of farming normal dungeons then if not even vitality points can be upgraded… this will make the queue even emptier I guess :frowning:

3 Likes

There should be a shard swap system. I’m drowning in greens itd be cool if I could trade 10 for one blue.

But that makes sense. If you could run non-sharded to buff your shared gear, there would be no reason to do other shards once you have good gear!

Except that +0 gear should have a smaller stat cap than +1 gear, itself lower max than +2, etc.

Fair enough, I just don’t think that doing regular, nonsharded dungeons should help buff your t10 stuff. I’m OK if anyone disagrees with me on that, but I think that if you want to improve your +3 and +4 gear, you should have to put at least some effort into it, not just queueing with random.

2 Likes

you can get purple gear from normal dungeons, does that work?

Man, that “stuff” got higher stats anyway, after a few T4 and up everyone likely is past 150 on purples (blue and purples from normal dungeons cap at 150; +1 is 153 I think, then 155, then the +3 cap is 158)! Purples are dropping from normals (rarely) and the blues are dropping from the exact same dungeon. Blues were used to infuse your str and int into one weapon, mainly, like if you were lucky 2 times with different blues and got a crappy purple after you could have a stronger purple in return, without starting over.
And to up some vitality, def is already reserved to purple. I mean, the stat already dropped for me, why shall I loose it if I get a - supposedly - “better” weapon. That is what infuse was introduced for, to not fall back all the time behind our already earned progress.

If you did alot of T1-3 you are over that phase already, but for those doing normal dungeons and practicing there this does not make sense, just empties the queue further since you wanna move on to shards asap.
So yea, who does T10s does not care, this change hits only newer/weaker players AND takes out the value of legendary, if it’s done consequently, see below.

@Riley_D since someone in guild got a +3 legendary weapon today, will he sit on his crappy 133 int stat now (which is worse than his former, non-legendary purple weapon then), until another legendary drops to infuse it which hopefully got higher int… that does not make much sense, sorry.

It workes fine, and always has to infuse Purple Into legendary, tis just Blue Into Purple that wont work.

That legendary argument makes a lot of sense, it is essentially making legendarios trade stats for affixes… Also, it doesn’t really matter that the cap raises a tiny bit, because honestly if you want to grind for 8 strength, do it, but I don’t think most of us, excluding Alphabet over there :joy: is going to. I mean, I would honestly like a set penalty if the gear is different levels or rairty (maybe like 5 for each, levels includes + ones) so if someone used a 155 strength t7 wand they could still infuse it to a t7 legendary and get a 5 strength penalty, but still be able to raise that 133 to a respective 150. I think that if you want max stats you need to get a max legendary, but I also think there should be a way to infuse different rarities, too. Also, maybe like no infusing but 1 shard could be spent to raise 1 stat by 1 (so we don’t get people blowing a bunch of minor shards for a perfect weapon and then infusing it to make any weapon perfect.

Edit: seeing that you just said that legendarios work, then I would still like to see shards raising a Stat by 1 or something, but I don’t think changes are necessary for not being able to merge blue and purple.

Not Alphabet myself, but I like to upgrade my stats as close to 160 as I can. I’m pretty laid back, but enjoy pushing to be better. Considering you can get a 143 str 143 int +4 legendary, it’s nice to be able to put your 157 str 155 int weapon into it.

2 Likes

Everyone I play with wants that. And my point is, you should not decrease in progress if you get a better weapon or gear, that makes no sense. Loosing 20+ strength if you get a supposedly higher upgrade on your weapon is quite something. We always were able to infuse blues, for that reason, and could farm 2 blues for our first purple, in case that one got bad stats.

The change is one incentive less for using the queue or go for low shards (since not even those drop guaranteed purples; and whatever you get in blues you can trash now, saving for sec stats no longer works) and that’s pretty sad.

Uhm guys, it works fine to infuse gear into ledgendaries.
You just can’t infuse blue into purple.

So rarity does not have to match then if it’s solely blue > purple… but yea this will be ignored because no hardcore player will mind that change, they got higher stats than 150 anyway. It makes life harder for a small group which can’t do mid to high shards; like some new members; like alt-classes; it hits all those who like to farm the random queue for low stats when they lack people (which is a problem, still, in eu timezone) and those practicing alt-classes. Now blues are even more worthless than before. So unnecessary.

@Metris_Marshmallow. I just figures it should be changed so you could infuse them, giving then a slight value if you have low gear.

Edit: removed incorrect statement.

No they have not? I was infusing my weapon with blues in the OG, countless times, and only recently we went through alot of queues to up stats of (new/alt-class) members; I rather think in the OG it was not really tried or known yet I farmed the worms for my int/str and what not.

1 Like

Huh, could have sworn I tried that with no success :-p
I stand corrected.

Edit: I digged out the patch notes:

“Any secondary stat that the target piece already has, which is lower than the corresponding stat on the source piece, will be upgraded.”

Later in the thread Riley stated:
“The only thing that has to match for the Infusion is the gear has to be for the same class and same slot. Other than that the rarity can be mistmatched.”

So yea, there must’ve been a change, and likely a recent one since we just had an evening to help a tank up his vitality and practice, using the queue, before goin into harder/shard stuff.

1 Like

It was a thing in Oldbus for sure, I used to save the 100 vitality blues on my alt classes so when I got my purples I could instantly have something decent on them

2 Likes