Can't Infuse blue into purple

That legendary argument makes a lot of sense, it is essentially making legendarios trade stats for affixes… Also, it doesn’t really matter that the cap raises a tiny bit, because honestly if you want to grind for 8 strength, do it, but I don’t think most of us, excluding Alphabet over there :joy: is going to. I mean, I would honestly like a set penalty if the gear is different levels or rairty (maybe like 5 for each, levels includes + ones) so if someone used a 155 strength t7 wand they could still infuse it to a t7 legendary and get a 5 strength penalty, but still be able to raise that 133 to a respective 150. I think that if you want max stats you need to get a max legendary, but I also think there should be a way to infuse different rarities, too. Also, maybe like no infusing but 1 shard could be spent to raise 1 stat by 1 (so we don’t get people blowing a bunch of minor shards for a perfect weapon and then infusing it to make any weapon perfect.

Edit: seeing that you just said that legendarios work, then I would still like to see shards raising a Stat by 1 or something, but I don’t think changes are necessary for not being able to merge blue and purple.

Not Alphabet myself, but I like to upgrade my stats as close to 160 as I can. I’m pretty laid back, but enjoy pushing to be better. Considering you can get a 143 str 143 int +4 legendary, it’s nice to be able to put your 157 str 155 int weapon into it.

2 Likes

Everyone I play with wants that. And my point is, you should not decrease in progress if you get a better weapon or gear, that makes no sense. Loosing 20+ strength if you get a supposedly higher upgrade on your weapon is quite something. We always were able to infuse blues, for that reason, and could farm 2 blues for our first purple, in case that one got bad stats.

The change is one incentive less for using the queue or go for low shards (since not even those drop guaranteed purples; and whatever you get in blues you can trash now, saving for sec stats no longer works) and that’s pretty sad.

Uhm guys, it works fine to infuse gear into ledgendaries.
You just can’t infuse blue into purple.

So rarity does not have to match then if it’s solely blue > purple… but yea this will be ignored because no hardcore player will mind that change, they got higher stats than 150 anyway. It makes life harder for a small group which can’t do mid to high shards; like some new members; like alt-classes; it hits all those who like to farm the random queue for low stats when they lack people (which is a problem, still, in eu timezone) and those practicing alt-classes. Now blues are even more worthless than before. So unnecessary.

@Metris_Marshmallow. I just figures it should be changed so you could infuse them, giving then a slight value if you have low gear.

Edit: removed incorrect statement.

No they have not? I was infusing my weapon with blues in the OG, countless times, and only recently we went through alot of queues to up stats of (new/alt-class) members; I rather think in the OG it was not really tried or known yet I farmed the worms for my int/str and what not.

1 Like

Huh, could have sworn I tried that with no success :-p
I stand corrected.

Edit: I digged out the patch notes:

“Any secondary stat that the target piece already has, which is lower than the corresponding stat on the source piece, will be upgraded.”

Later in the thread Riley stated:
“The only thing that has to match for the Infusion is the gear has to be for the same class and same slot. Other than that the rarity can be mistmatched.”

So yea, there must’ve been a change, and likely a recent one since we just had an evening to help a tank up his vitality and practice, using the queue, before goin into harder/shard stuff.

1 Like

It was a thing in Oldbus for sure, I used to save the 100 vitality blues on my alt classes so when I got my purples I could instantly have something decent on them

2 Likes

Lower level gear have lower max stats anyway. I just figured if you did grind out some really high stat blue gear, you could get a little boost in stats for the purple, rather then just a major shard for your work.

1 Like

We did 8 level 1 shards today and countless normals to see if there’s any point in it… but to no avail, 2nd stat farming with newbs is dead now, it’s all about advancing to T4+ asap since blues are worthless, for most of us. The amount of purple drops in lower shards is minor and if they finally drop then the secondaries are not great, they are best to be sharded. This is just a horrible change for new players and those enjoying alt-classes who can’t or won’t advance to higher shards anytime soon.

1 Like

Hmmm…so when I said that originally, I had though that’s how it always worked, but now that I am looking at the server code, I don’t actually see anywhere that the rarity has to match.

So…must have been a client-side change at some point. We will have to talk it over and see I guess if we want to intentionally make this change or keep it how it was.

On the one hand I think it can make some sense that you should have to work hard to upgrade your items. On the other hand it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to have to sit on a Legendary weapon that has worse stats that a Blue or Purple until you can farm like 100 Legendaries (obviously). There is (as noted) already an inherent stat bump between +1, +2, etc. gear so it would still be worth farming those higher-level shards if you want to min-max your character to the fullest to get that extra bit of stat.

Anywho, I’ll update this thread next week after we make a decision. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

3 Likes

Ok, so. I just tried to infuse a blue into purple and it was just fine… hopefully not more people deleted blues because they thought otherwise. @Burnator do you remember what kind that was, weapon, armor etc.? And is it working for you now? Perhaps it was just a temporary fluke or a visual bug, when I tried I had to insert my blue, twice, because at first the upper item showed twice.

Anyways I guess if that works fine like it always did we can go back to blue farming and all will be happy. It’s btw a real minor upgrade-possibility, because it’s not only capped at 150 but also each and every def-stat can only be gotten from purple.
And yet this one point they miss on an alt-class can be an incentive to do lower content, still, for people into min-maxing.

Tried it with cloth shoulders. Did not work, so I broke down the blue item. Don’t have anything to test with any more :-p

If you got it to work that’s dandy!

I got a +2 purple cloth chest with 145 def and 155 vit, tried all kinds of things to infuse it into my old, also +2 cloth chest with only 133 def and 145 vit (since I wanted to keep dyes, transmog and bonuses on this chest).
So no clue, it should work, right, guess infusion bugs out sometimes?

Okay so after reviewing this, we are going to just keep the same behaviour from the old game and the current game, which is you are allowed to infuse something into another thing as long as the slots and class requirements match, but the rarity can differ.

We tested this a bunch yesterday and it was working fine for us, so after today’s patch let me know if it’s still not working for you and we’ll investigate further.

4 Likes

Will this affect ring infusions? IIRC, only vitality can be infused currently on rings.

1 Like

In the times before the cataclysm, the gods released a set of rings that were not meant to be infused. Due to a miracle, the denizens of the land found you could infuse the vit from one special ring into the vit of another. Though this was never intended by the gods, in their infinite and kind wisdom they allowed for the mortals of the land to keep the newly infused rings.

TLDR; was totes a happy little glitch accident from old orbus and we’re lucky we still get to do it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.