Deep Wounds is giving me Deep Emotional Wounds

I feel like Deep Wounds is far too tuned up. On a 6 shard it just tares up the paladin tank far too easy. It also feels like its procing far too often. Please take a look at this one as it really makes shards not fun at all.

10 Likes

Sounds like I won’t bother with shards this week then lol

3 Likes

Yeah, doing that shard was a real downer for the day, please do something about this horrible mutation

3 Likes

Yeah a lvl 8 was fuuuunnnn :neutral_face:

I reduced the chance a bit and reduced the potency a bit for future runs, let me know how that feels.

7 Likes

Thank you Riley! :)!

1 Like

did a 7 halls feels a bit better… seemed to tick hard on low health damage dealers a bit still but generally if a healer spots it, its ok so far. will let u know how it is for a 9 (doing that now).

I still don’t enjoy deep wounds. It’s just not fun at all. It inevitably leads to many graveyard resets. Mechanics that are random leave no room for our skill to grow and mitigate it. As it stands it goes like this. Player gets Deep Wounds. Healer Empties every bit of healing they have to try and top them off. Deep wounds procs again. Sit and watch the tank or dps melt. Reset. Wash rinse repeat. I wouldn’t mind seeing this afix completely go away.

Even with your tuning its still instant death once healing orbs/ crescendo are on cooldown.

3 Likes

Ya, I haven’t tried it after the nerf, but on Tuesday exactly the same happened to us, gave all heals away to get the Tank up, next debuff, wohoooo graveyard party, it makes more sense just to go dps and try to kill faster, and if it’s still the same case like you said after the nerf, I dont even want to do shards, because its annoying when you even bring a musky and you cant do anything as a musky.

What about the change the debuff take 50% your health away?

musketeers seem to have a tougher time handling the damage.

1 Like

Sounds like a design fault, triggering the debuf to soon again. Adding a minimum time for it to proc again and problem solved :man_shrugging:

either that or it is still ticking slightly too hard.

Are you getting it more than once at the same time? Or you’re saying you clear it and then immediately get it again?

Both kinda, the tank can get it and at the same time one of the DPS can get it from the poison cast from the floating dude and you can’t save them both, but yeah once it’s gone, it can come back quicker than the healing orbs on a muskie or a bard can get their crescendo which leaves you pretty much doomed, it hits hard so if you don’t get someone topped off within the 1st few ticks of it, they are dead. We ran with a healer for the trash last night and it almost felt like there was no point cause most of the time if someone got it, they ended up dead regardless of there being a healer there or not

2 Likes

I think posion is the only thing that you can’t dodge right? Can we make this spell interruptable?

1 Like

In Crypt the second group you fight are a staff guy, floater, and small guy. This group is easy most times, until you add the fact that unmissable poison drops the deepwounds debuff randomly. The tank is also keeping the little mele guy busy until his shield drops (god help you if it is a Paladin, they have TWICE as many chances at getting the debuff vs warrior). Inevitably warrior or DPS will get it twice during this guaranteed. So might as well go full DPS and get things down as fast as you can because you were going to wipe anyway when the healing cool downs came into play.

This one needs rework or going away. This week has not been very fun for shards at all 6+. The only thing I can think is put it on a timer that works with the healing cooldowns. Mechanics that take any and all control out of our hands just end up being frustrating. The energy and complaining from my groups I’ve run with have been VERY different from previous weeks. People quit/take long breaks after just a couple runs and if they do stick around for many runs there is a lot of complaining and the mood is not as fun as previous weeks. This mutation is just really killing a lot of enjoyment of shards.

1 Like

also as a paladin tanking a group of melee adds elite or not gives u deep wounds almost constantly, as every second u have 2, 3, 4+ chances of getting it on top of just the basic hit damage

1 Like

I added in a thing in the new patch going out where Deep Wounds should now proc at most once every 8 seconds dungeon-wide, so let’s see what that does.

1 Like

This is not working, had multiple ocations where it proced within 8 seconds of another one also had 2 up at the same time once.

1 Like

Hmmm I am watching the logs and it seems to be working fine. Is this the run that just happened just now? This is the logs for it:

There is one instance where it’s :51 and :58 but I assume it was 8,000 milliseconds apart. I don’t see any instances where it spawned it closer than 8 seconds. It lasts 20 seconds so it’s entirely possible you could end up with 2 up at once still if you don’t clear one within 8 seconds.