Notes on pvp and the recent duo-queue

i think thatd mix things up and make them more interesting for sure. 2 team queue was a temporary thing that Riley did. Not something I actually suggested to him by the way. Not sure why I am the example in this post :stuck_out_tongue:. I merely made the post because all I have been hearing is people not wanting to queue because ā€˜LC premadeā€™ every day soā€¦ Something had to be said really.

That being saidā€¦ I donā€™t enjoy facing the same uber experienced 4 man premade over and over again in an experimental pvp environmentā€¦ Itā€™s not really progressive in testing and improving the experienceā€¦ Hence why after a bit of PvP I am done until there are changesā€¦ I think Rileyā€™s Kaizen approach of development will help us see what will actually workā€¦

More experimental battlefields would be a good place to look. more random game types is a great way for Riley to fail fast and learn what works best for the community to feel dopamine hits whilst rewarding correctly the hard working teams.

1 Like

To Burnator I donā€™t want to make pvp inaccessible to new players but I believe it should focus on high skilled play. Itā€™s arguably more difficult than end game pve. Involving and encouraging players to form their own premades somehow is the path I feel is best. Players who donā€™t communicate and donā€™t know stats shouldnā€™t win only because they are paired with players who do.

Great points J. Experimental game types could provide the answers for both sides of this argument. Game types like free for alls would allow us to keep the queue to 4 and break up the uber experienced 4 man premades while still allow them as well :wink:. In those previous battles It may have been more fun for you to queue with 4 of your own guild instead of random players. We had a lot of fun queuing with abc after the world boss event yesterday. This wasnā€™t to you but while Iā€™m here. The idea that premades should be able to challenge each other isnā€™t very appealing either because guilds will stick to doing that internally instead of taking the random chance of fighting uber tough opponents that challenge them. It also removes those teams from the queue slowing it down for everyone.

So Riley & you seem defensive about this but I never made the claim that the duo queue happened because of your post. I wanted to address your post while talking about pvp. It brought up some good topics that I had heard said before. Thatā€™s all I meant. Sorry if I wasnā€™t clear about that. Also I hope you return to the bgs regardless of what happens.

And hey Congratulations on that 10 Broken Halls! That score is really impressive.

1 Like

I think I am mainly defensive about letting the game develop healthilyā€¦ Let experiments happenā€¦ You/we/I may not like them at some given points but without them the PvP experience will be fun for a few and terrible for manyā€¦ It needs to be viable for mass adoption or it will die before its form can be looked at seriously.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.