Notes on pvp and the recent duo-queue

You lie to cover your ass, then you insult me. Real classy

1 Like

Where did I lie?

A) This^ isnā€™t necessary.
B) Targeting people outside of your guild while in PvP so that itā€™s ā€œmore enjoyableā€ (I assume for yourself? This wasnā€™t clarified) at the expense of other peopleā€™s enjoyment doesnā€™t make sense if this game is to gain any new PvP players.
C) Letā€™s try to have intellectual conversations rather than throwing crap at one another and getting nowhere. (That goes for everyone, not just one side/fellowship or the other.)

2 Likes

I guess you mean inside BGā€™s? I can focus whoever I want, Iā€™m not ignoring any players on the other team. If thatā€™s the way I want to play I can, Iā€™m not breaking any rules.

Okay, well this is devolving quickly.

The topic is, do people find the duo-queue good or bad and why. Letā€™s stick to that topic.

Regarding the leaving party thing, as far as I know as of late last night it should be fixed and it should not be possible anymore. If anyone sees it happening still then let me know.

5 Likes

Correct, inside BGs. I agree with you 100%, you can focus whoever you want and can play the way you want. However, people are always complaining about the queue taking forever, that there arenā€™t enough people in BG, etc. and ā€œfocusing non LC members before LCā€ is not going to encourage anyone to queue more often or fix any of the other issues that BG is experiencing.

So while I understand the pull for individual progression, if the player is progressing in BG twice as fast, but only [insert number less than 50%] as often as they could be (which is the case currently since BGs rarely proc), then the player isnā€™t actually progressing as quickly simply due to how long it takes to find a full match because of how people are acting in BG.

So really what Iā€™m saying is that if people simply played BGs with who they were paired up with (cuz duo queue) and fought the other team no matter who they are without focusing any specific group of players (ā€œnon LCā€), more people would get into PvP and would end up making everyone progress faster. I think that duo-queue is a good change for the time being, but how people are treating BGs since the change is what I donā€™t think is good.

I always focus LC players first. They are the biggest threat and give the most honor.

2 Likes

There is no point in trying to argue with them man, Chezil in particular is a poor sport about pvp and likes to trash talk guilds because they farm 1 or 2 people with multiple groups. they are upset that they cannot ā€œownā€ battlegrounds because they cannot take their best 4 inside knowing they will be on the same team.

but back to the topic i do support duo queuing to its fullest.
I would also like to see more class balancing and more game modes.

This guy gets it

Seems off topic still. Just so we know who are our best 4?

Chezel kamina and rem are your top 3 if you want a danger rating. As scoundrels. Keep up the good work :wink:

Back to topic, I think the 2 person que benefits new groups and people trying out pvp, but not the guilds that have full groups and want a fun fight and hone there skills.

At some point we need both, but for now Iā€™d say focusing on the beginners is more important.

The inability to que up when you have a bigger party then two is also slowing down the battlegrounds for people doing other overworld stuff while they wait. Maybe add that you can cue up as 5 people but it just splits the group?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent ideaā€¦ if we queue up we are rather worried about not being in a bg together - on whatever side; I enjoy being on opposite sides w ppl in discord more actually :smiley: - so I wait to click until others are ready. If all in group are queued, same time, that would be perfect.

1 Like

Why not allow premades to que but have it 4 vs 5. The non-premade gets to have an extra player.

I notice your lack of reading. Max que group is 2. Pleas read the thread a bit. Problem is getting them into the battleground, not the same group.

Editing your post after I respond is confusing you know

I guess I should have clarified a bit more for the peeps that didnā€™t understand my point. People arenā€™t queuing b/c they are getting murdered by pre-mades. Having the incentive of getting an extra person on your team if you solo que would get more people to que.

But if 5 newbies go against a group of 4 try hards. The whole purpose of duo is to even out teams a bit.

I realize the queue is a bit funky right now where solo players canā€™t get in if everyone else is duo-queued. It may keep new solo queuing players out. :thinking:. It seems like anything requiring more people would increase the queue times. There is an unfair skill gap but in any other mmo, first person shooter, or fighting game when you first start playing against other players you will lose and you will lose a lot. Adding a 5th player to try to manually balance teams probably wonā€™t balance them. That may create more of an honor farm.

To balance teams you donā€™t need two premades but you do need players who understand the game type and how to win it. We had been beaten by pug groups but they had players that knew how to balance points and kills. That takes learned strategy. New players will always have that disadvantage. Pvp should not be geared toward newer players but it should give them incentives to keep trying to improve and progress. Pvp should be aimed at pushing the skill ceiling up not lowering it.

That is really a developer directional choice.

Iā€™m find of surprised you want to close down the battleground for beginners and aim it at experienced players only. Its could be a good way to get people into pvp.

This is just my own opinion, but people in general seem to have a lot more fun doing battlegrounds now with premades gone but still having the option to bring 1 friend if they wanted to.

3 Likes