Please don't use darkness arrows at public events

I was at a event at highstep today and a few rangers were using darkness arrows to block everyone’s view. I’m not sure if it was new players or the group of players floating in the air way above everyone(4 players clearly using a bug/exploit). Either way they continued to use them after being asked to stop and caused 10+ players to fail an event and miss out on quest progress. I’ve never seen a fail at this event before.

This is the type of thing that can cause players to not want to play.

We got a wonderful new feature in a recent patch… You can now go to the graphics settings and turn off vfx by class.

1 Like

Does that make the darkness arrows even more useless since they only work on players?

Why yes it does. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I will def turn off the effects next time. Thanks for the tip.
In the above situation I’m pretty sure it was the 4 players that used a bug/exploit to float way up in the air. These were veteran players having fun by ruining others gameplay for others and that will lead to players leaving this already low population mmo.

SteamVR advanced settings allows a player to on the fly change their height. SteamVR advanced settings is something you install for SteamVR separately and is 3rd party to SteamVR. Almost 100% sure they used it for this purpose.

I know about the advanced settings and installed it during oldbus to get push to talk. I adjusted my height and these players were 2-3x higher. I couldn’t even read the name fully at my max height.

But the point of my post was these players were messing with a pve event that’s full of new players. If that would have happened to me in my first 2 hours of play, I would have returned the game for a refund.
Basically don’t be an a-hole and mess with other players especially new players.

2 Likes

And because of this they get away with it because you can’t read their names to report them. Perhaps a method like the tagger tool could be used to highlight the player and then you can click on them to access report. Food for thought.

Usually you cant set it THAT high, the game kicks you out

Yes, I know it kicks you out but I don’t see another way they could get that high without it. Maybe a test needs to be run to see if it really does kick you out; if the game is running correctly it should.

With the recent changes to the character rotation and it now rotating around you instead of the room center, you can walk to one end of your room snap/smooth turn 180 degrees and since it rotates around you, your playspace moves and you can walk to the other end and have moved one playspace length in that direction, then you can rotate again and move another playspace length and repeat. If you do this while on a hill for example, you’ll slowly travel through the air.

Sounds like this should go under bug report

Not really a bug, it’s what happens when you don’t rotate around your room centre. More like a tradoff.

Room centre rotation allowed for super combat speed, player centre allowed for explor-ting

Guess a fix could be player centre in combat, room centre out of combat…

Well, they knew this sort of stuff would be possible when they changed it and for the most part it’s not really that big a deal. The help this gives on certain bosses for people not standing directly in the center of their room is imo more important than the few issues it brings, you can’t really do any “exploiting” with it, it won’t give you any advantage by floating on the air for example.

1 Like

You don’t think flying above people raining down arrows bullet and spells won’t give people an advantage in PvP?
Can’t wait people do it in a goblin event

You can’t really move while in the air, it’s very slow, if someone were dumb enough to try and do that in PvP they would just get shot down

Yah… I did see a few PvP players hide underground yesterday using that trick at a hill. Just for fun, and testing, not exploiting.

Mostly if locks you so you can’t teleport or move, except by rorating, and if you die it’s quite likely that you bag will fall into the centre of the earth if you have PvP on.

Highly dout it could be used at the goblin event that is about speed.

This! affects your revenue stream from new players… that’ll make ya wanna jump! jump!

I mean… They put the smoke arrows in the game for a reason… I dont know what that reason was, but it sure is good for annoying people on public events, if nothing else.

3 Likes

@Auslander I apologize that any actions of our guild members caused trouble and frustration for you and other players. The individuals in our guild that were involved have been spoken with. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further concerns.

1 Like