Poll: Do you go to the trickster goblin and why or why not?

Hi all,

I am separating this from the other trickster goblin thread because that was more like a ‘feeling’ thread and now I want to get a little bit more quantitative about it. So here it goes:

Do you attend or not attend the trickster goblin event?

• I attend the trickster goblin regularly.
  • I no longer attend the trickster goblin.
  • I never attended the trickster goblin.

0 voters

What motivation do you have to attend or not attend the trickster goblin?

• I attend the trickster goblin because it is fun
  • I attend the trickster goblin because it is fun and I get rewarded
  • I attend the trickster goblin for some other reason
  • I do not attend the trickster goblin because it is not fun
  • I do not attend the trickster goblin because it is not fun and I do not get rewarded
  • I do not attend the trickster goblin because because PvP is imbalanced
  • I do not attend the trickster goblin for some other reason

0 voters

If you selected ‘some other reason’, if the reason is constructive, please post the reason as to why you do / do not attend below so that it can be used for the benefit of the dev team. If you want to add details as to why you do/do not find it fun and/or rewarding, please add it below.

Again, please keep it constructive.

Thanks,

I attended twice, I didn’t really have any interest in going but the people I was playing with wanted to go so I tagged a long, I got killed by Shiki in 1v1 which was to be expected as he’s a better PvPer than me (not sure if I even landed a hit on him) the rewards are cool but it’s not really my thing to go do overworld PvP so once everyone has had their rewards and they start selling the stuff I’ll look at buying the tokens or the rewards but right now I’m not really interested as they will probably go for a high price and I’d rather sit on my pile of dram until some demon wings appear for sale

1 Like

Miss clicked my answer :confused:

My favorite part about the event is when it’s over and people actually que for battlegrounds XD Today I was with a group of people in the zone it was happening in and two pvpers helped us with the chaos giant which was cool. I have been to the event 3-4 times and have never seen the goblin or been able to do much of anything. I’m not really good at pvp but i really just wanna see the little guy :heart_eyes: I don’t really go much anymore because I can’t find anyone who wants to go and don’t feel like i’ll ever manage to get a reward.

I do not attend because:

• The intrinsic reward is too low (not enough actual PvP action).
  • The extrinsic motivator is unreachable (I will never be able to collect any tokens).
  • I gave up after 11 attempts and not seeing the goblin.
1 Like

Why is there no option of I attend the trickster chest goblin sometimes? I attend it when it fits. I just come online for other things and if I am not in the middle of something and I see the pop-up I will go to is most of the times. Which is a rare occurance.

3 Likes

Because that does not really help the outcome of the survey. If you attend when you get the chance then that must mean that you like it enough to attend. If there is some other reason as to why you attend such as ‘if I am not in the middle of something and I see the pop-up I will go to is most of the times.’ it might fall in to ‘i attend for some other reason’ otherwise… you are attending for the intrinsic and extrinsic motivation mechanics already added.

Saying that; It sounds like you you have a problem with the ‘timing’ of the trickster chest but still attend when the timing works.

I selected “other” but also believe that it had y very little value and I’m unlikely to see a reward, thus making it not fun. My reasons:

• The time cycle it is on makes it very difficult for me to participate, as I have mentioned and explained so many times
  • The few times I have participated, it has been a “headless chicken pvp” and, like J, I never once saw the goblin
  • The few times I have participated, it devolved into a stand around at the graveyard and kill each other repeatedly for no real reason PvP fight. That was probably the most fun until it went from 2v1 to 2v5. Which leads to last point:
  • Overworld PvP is only fun if you’re winning/on the winning team. Otherwise, you get beat down until you’re stuck at a graveyard by a mob of players who have teamed up to kill you. You don’t get the token, you don’t see the goblin, you just get killed.
1 Like

I do get the feeling that people are not properly looking, and walking past the goblin, probably being stressed out with PvP on. I have litterly seen people walk right past the goblin and just leave it.

I would also like the option I do it when I feel like it.

I have not participated in the actual event for a few reasons:

1. I mostly solo, as it stands I have no reason to go out and try for something in which number of people on a team drastically improves chances of success. This is not like dungeons or raids as I am not rushed to find a team and I can run with randoms players via the que.
  2. I have watched as a PVE player a few times and I am honestly lost. Who would I attack? Is the one with Tokens on a team or solo (how many or at least who is on that team)? Where am I going to find the goblin (zones are large)?
  3. If I died (which is likely) why respawn if my gear is broken and try again. I would already have slim chances if I was not with a team. I also loose my reagents to teleport home, my disc is at times on cool down, the only way home is walk, but again I tend to die and reawaken from where I just walked.
  4. Communication is key with teammates. Quest users are at a disadvantage because of PC users being able to use discord.

This is my biggest concern and is not directly related to why I haven’t directly participated but I hope the devs see this statement. The majority of the players do not sit and read through forums yet, everyone in game receives a message in which many don’t know what it means or how to participate. THIS AGAIN IS SOMETHING NOT EXPLAINED IN THE GAME AND IS GEARED TO END GAME PLAYERS! If I am not on a team or have 30+ gear then I, in my opinion, have no reason to participate unless I just wish to have fun dying in an area where PVP players are drawn to for a short time. Skill and strat is a portion of this event but the other two are things that will keep many from participating.

4 Likes

I do not attend the goblin event because I always carry a bunch of fishing lures around with me and moving all of those is too much of a hassle to deal with.

3 Likes

I no longer attend the Trickster Goblin:

• I play mostly solo and asking arround no one showed intrest in grouping up.
  • Never saw the goblin when I attended
  • Was always outnumbered by one Team
  • tried attending at times when only 20 player are online in hopes I could find the goblin fast enough and run… Didn´t find anything got overruned aggain.
2 Likes

This is fun for people who know what they are doing. Obviously, losing over and over and over again leads to post like this. The goblin adds a different element to the game. Those that do not like it are usually the ones who don’t understand the strategy, clueless on coordination, or lack of commitment from their guilds. The most effective team trends to win while the less effective teams goes to the orbus forums to complain about how it’s unfair and needs to be changed.

Just keep in mind, no matter how they change the trickers goblin, you will still run into the same problem where the most effective team dominates.

I would focus using your energy finding better teammates and develop a strategy that works rather then wasting your energy complaining to others.

2 Likes

^ Pretty clear which guild this guy is from.

4 Likes

^ This guy gets it

1 Like

wooo :roll_eyes:another form post. time to respond an make my own comment i guess

I have attended 35/50 of the events (second highest attendance for the event in the game highest attendance is shiki at 36 ) and only about 3-5 of those had no pvp so there is almost always The intrinsic reward of pvp

if you keep this attitude you won’t

this is an issue that really should be fixed somehow with some sort of tutorial about what the goblin chest is maybe one of those annoying pop tutorials the first time someone gets the notification (kind like the one for opening doors or picking up loot)

yes it is geared to end game players. PVP battlegrounds is geared to non-end game PVPers and goblin is geared to end game PVPers. overworld pvp in general is geared to end game players just by the very nature of how gear does matter in over world pvp

that is what the little compass walky talky is for

I see the goblin pvp event as the PVP equivalent to a pve raid or high-tier shard

• you need a team no sane person would enter a raid alone and expect to succeed
  • you need to have strategy and coordination if you enter a raid with no strategy or communication your group will still fail the raid and run around like headless ckickens. we at LC have never in engaged in J’s and Atropos’ headless-chicken pvp cause we aren’t going about this event like headless chickens. we are putting together strategies and plans constantly about what to do if certain things happen during the event. so user_42 is right :
2 Likes

I no longer attend because the goblin is something that can only be won if you have power in numbers. I frequently compare the goblin to the trickster chest. In preborn OrbusVR you could could take time and plan a strategy for the trickster run, and even if it didn’t go exactly to plan, you could still pull off 1v3 and 1v4 situations if you were really good at the game (if you did WOW PVP you know what I mean when I say 1v3 and 1v4 is possible as long as you are really good, in reborn if you don’t have a group then you are screwed). In reborn the goblin is pretty much always won by the group that has the most people. You can’t make a plan for what you are going to do because it spawns in a random place in the zone, and what is the point of even going for it when all you get is transmog? There is literally no point at all for the players that don’t care what they look like.

1 Like

a couple of times ago a different team got the tokens and i cut them off 1v2ing them for the win
skill does matter and can definitly make the difference, people talk about numbers being the only way to win but there are only about 4 of us going to each of these things on average, and i see more than 4 lvl 30s in highsteppe constantly so go ask them to team up and supposedly because numbers = victory u will win

Notice how I said 1v3 and 1v4, I know 1v2 is impossible, especially if the people that you are fighting aren’t that good. You guys generally have the most people there every single time, and I have been in what with people multiple times when the 5 min timer appeared, but none of them ever want to go. If you are really going to come on here and tell me that numbers have little to do with the outcome of PvP fights in reborn, then you are delusional.

1 Like

I don’t go mostly cause I’m a lazy idiot that doesn’t watch spawn timers and don’t want to take the time to drop my lootables in the chest. PVP is very fun though and if I was on with a few people I’d take a crack at it