Poll: Do you go to the trickster goblin and why or why not?

want to set up a planned fight sometime? something like 3v6, 4v8, etc etc

1 Like

Hey J and atropos i got a question what do you even want to be changed about the goblin event to make it more “fair or watterver in your eyes” and so its not “heafless chicken pvp for you”

Make the goblin spawn in the same place every time… planning goes a long way in PvP, and the players that don’t have a huge group searching the zone would still have a chance.

Nope, one of the guys in my main PvP group has broken his 3rd oculus and is waiting for repairs

1 Like

Didn’t you just need power in numbers? You could easily replace him with anyone else since numbers>skill right?

I’m not PvP’ing without him. Sorry :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just to better clarify things the 3rd guy is me :slight_smile: aka DocHolmesy Oculus will be back in within the next 3 weeks and As i have stated before i will have no problem setting up coordinated pvp setups or specific goblin spawns. But can we have the wilds back Riley lots of good support and feedback from pvp and non pvp players??? :slight_smile: But back on topic the competitive group competition will start rise a little bit ill start with groups when i get my oculus back

Also while skill does have alot to do in pvp situations, I do also agree that there is power in numbers one crit or hell even a lucky affliction spread can make all the difference. We have seen many forms off this from old orbus and reborn going back from the rangers charged pierce crit ( with or without bleed) and fireball crits to scoundrel card crits, and pally criting their attacks with do insane dps as 2-3 globes can bring a mage to about half health.

Long story short, I would like to see the goblin spawn at set times and locations in a wilds type zone. it will allow further implementation to the game, and allow better coordinated group planning which is what put the cherry on top of the trickster chest in old orbus. there was nothing more “pumping” walking the trickster zone knowing you where either going to see a group or nobody standing at the spawn location waiting for you and you cant really get that rush because its all just about killing people before they can see the goblin and run away and hide compared to fighting your way out or finding other creative strats and tactics to safely move the tokens to safety.

This statement you made is part of the reason for this thread. Not to speak for anyone else but I believe J is trying to find options that might make the event enjoyable for more people. As you say it is enjoyable for you and a few others.
Personally, I don’t mind any team winning the prize over and over again and as some might call it “monopilize” the event. You are right as this aspect is part of PVP and should be allowed to some extent in the game.

I don’t personally think a tutorial is necessary, however I was speaking to the overall initial implementation / explanation of things that get added to the game in which could alienate players from participating. First impressions of content is a lasting impression. I think we can all agree that we want more playing the game not less.

That is great. Then in my opinion this does not need to be broadcast (in game) to anyone below 30, likely with dungeon gear, and has time to form a party. Other wise what would be the point?

Again correct. Then why use Discord? Can you freely talk to all in party reguardless of distance without holding it like you can in dungeons? We use Discord because com’s are key in planning or while fighting. There are advantages to using Discord in which Quest users currently do not have access to use in the same manner as a PC user.

I can go along with this idea of what the equivalence is to PVE, however I will disagree that it is the intent of the devs for this to be reserved for the select few of us that have joined large groups, have high end gear to be able to compete, and not have something equally attainable to keep players coming back for more. In dungeons and raids, there are levels so I complete them or “win a prize” when I participate in the lower level content. Raids also have a participating size limit of 10. Currently, not saying this is bad just that this is PART of what keeps me from playing, aganist a group of 3 players I need at least 3, if they have more I need more. We get to the point, again not saying this is wrong, where one group is so organized and large that everyone else gives up and stops participating because realistically one side will win 9 out of 10 times while the other might give up because it is partly a numbers game. The side with the most members has the most advantage.

My opinion is that we extrinsticly encourage more, not less to go out with PVP on so that more fights can occur. I am under the impression that the goblin was to help in doing this. The ones that like pvp dont need the extrinsic to play, but others may and on top of that continue to pvp. Again, these were just my thoughts on why I haven’t and likely won’t participate but I still plan to watch in PVE mode until I feel as if I have a means to accomplish a goal other then to go out on a kamikaze run.

Just a heads up.

I will be closing this poll this afternoon as I think there are enough respondents.
If you have pals who need to get their votes in, i would encourage them to do so now.

Cheers,

It is East coast 12:41pm and I think there is a significant enough number of people who responded to the poll so I will close it now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies. follow up post coming soon.

Okay so here is the analysis.

Do you attend or not attend the trickster goblin event?
The break down shows us that a majority of 46% never attend the trickster goblin whilst 20% stopped attending the trickster goblin and 34% attend regularly.

Of those that attend the trickster goblin regularly, 57.1% were from the same team (T1) following a second team at 14.3% of attendees. Other either unknown or unidentified alliances make up 28.6%.

Of those that never attend the trickster goblin (46% of survey question participants), 4 are from a team (T1) where 2 are from another team (T2) and the other 19 are from either unknown or unidentified alliances making up 76% of participants never attending the trickster goblin.

when participants were asked why or why they do not participate the answer was broken down as follows:

We can see that 36% do not attend the trickster goblin for some reason other than intrinsic or extrinsic motivations.
11% do not attend because they obtain neither intrinsic or extrinsic motivations through play.
11% do not attend because they believe PvP is imbalanced.
7% say they do not attend because it is just not fun.

A total of 65% of survey participants said that they do not go to the trickster goblin for some ‘reason’.

27% said they attend the trickster goblin because ‘it is fun’.
4% of survey participants said that they attend the tricksters goblin because ‘its fun and they get rewarded.’
4% of survey participants said that they attend the tricksters goblin for ‘some other reason’.

A total of 35% of survey participants said that they attend the trickster goblin.

When we look at the most answered negative response against the most answered positive response breaking each again in to team based cohorts, we can see the following patterns:

We can see that for the response ‘I attend the trickster goblin because it is fun’ that 50% of respondents are from the same team where as 16.7% are from another team and the remaining 33.3% are from either unknown or unidentified alliances.

From the response ‘I do not attend the trickster goblin for some other reason’ the results have much more variance by team.
The largest team (T1) took 25% of the votes where as the second largest (T2) took only 12.5% of the results. The majority is held by either unknown or unidentified alliances.

Conclusions:

• 66% of users expressing interest in the trickster goblin are no longer/not regularly attending the event.
  • Of the 34% attending the trickster goblin regularly, 57.1% of them are from the same cohort.
  • 19.38% of users out of a potential 86% of users that showed some interest are attending the goblin event.
  • Of those that are currently not attending the trickster chest, 62.5% of them are from either unknown or unidentified alliances.

definitions:

*cohort - a grouping of players
*'unknown or unidentified alliances - players which either play solo or have no known regular alliance or allegiance in the PvP space.
*T1, T2 - identifiers for different cohorts.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.