PSA: Please play the class you sign up for in the queue

I hate to be “that guy”, but in four of the last five dungeon queues between last night and this morning there has been someone playing the wrong class. Some of those grps broke up, some of them tried to play with folks insisting on playing the wrong class and in some folks swapped out of their assigned role to compensate for the person who insisted on playing the wrong class.

If you sign up as multiple you need check (look up at your name) the icon you were assigned.

Some of the queue problems can be fixed by the Devs by adding more filters and mechanics to the system, but until then please only check the items on the list you can and will play if you get selected for them by the queue.

but if you click all the things, the queue pops! :rofl: and if somebody else doesn’t play healer you can just run out the portal right?

:stuck_out_tongue:
j/k of course, yeah it’s annoying

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that if I q for all three roles I will usually get a party of all dps but me. Not sure if it thinks I can be healer and tank at same time

I got 3 in a row with 4 dps 1 tank or healer. There seems to be a check missing that makes sure each role is filled by different players. I’ve also had new players not understand that support means healer and signed up as a mage, not a huge deal (when voice chat is working and you can explain it) but maybe the que text could be clearer on that.

1 Like

I also have this issue a lot regardless of people signing up for the correct roles. Its usually when I sign up for every role, it puts me with all dps probably because it think I can be a healer and tank at same time maybe?

1 Like

Pretty sure the 3 in a row I was in, you were the one non-dps.

1 Like

Running into this all the time. Muskys think they got a gun and do damage, warriors think they can do damage as well, everyone can easily think he is kind of a support class, likely forgetting what it said when they got their beginner weapon.
It would be WAY easier to name the “support”-category “heal” instead and add the classes to their function.

The buttons could show all below each other, due to them being a bit longer, and would look like:
Damage (Mage, Ranger, Scoundrel, Shaman)
Heal (Bard, Musketeer)
Tank (Warrior, Paladin)

1 Like

Omg yes!!!

@Riley_D had a newer 30 player join our discord (new to reborne) this evening and got to chatting with them. While I was chatting he was joined the dungeon que and ran into a situation where it assigned 2 tanks into the que. Both were paladins and that was all they had leveled. They actually go into a pretty heated argument about who was going to be what before begrudgingly deciding to press on with them both being paladins. The player in discord with me found it all commicle and just rolled with it, but really the que not putting the right classes in is confusing to newer players and frustrating.

I’ve also run into situations myself where it assigns dps to all and then a blank to 1 as far as icons. I’m lucky to have many classes so I switched to what was needed.

1 Like

I’ve definitely looked up and seen no icon over my head.

There is 100% some bugs in the queue system itself in addition to human player error.

I would love a way to blacklist players so I don’t get qued with them for 24 hours. I’ve now had a paladin insist he was a healer and refused to stop queing as support and a mage that refused to stop queing as support because “the wait is too long if I only choose damage”. Also a minimum level for the que would be helpful, the players should have some idea how to play the class before being able to que. getting a level 1 tank with a beginner weapon and no armor makes it really hard to complete the dungeon.

1 Like

Perhaps highlight the button for your current class by default. Eliminates a lot of ambiguity.

1 Like

Why not make us select a button for our class(es) instead of for a role? People can still select classes they don’t play but at least they won’t be confused about what role their class is.

5 Likes

That could well be the primary button but a hint on the role, additionally, would still be good so they don’t need to be told “by the way you are our healer/tank” when they join.

1 Like

I’ve got some time tomorrow to look into icons not showing properly for the role you were assigned.

As for a potential quick fix on the issue of a healer selecting a dps role, I could make it so one of the roles is auto-selected and can’t be unselected based on your currently equipped class. I still want to give the option of someone to select multiple roles and not lock their class in, because that speeds up queue times when not many people are queued up.

Please do not make an autoselect that can’t be unselected for current class… some people want to queue while on an alt they don’t want to play in the dungeon.

1 Like

The interface could definitely use some bells and whistles to help sort folks out appropriately…especially new players who might not understand how the queue works.

The problem of folks intentionally playing the wrong class or being harmfully incompetent is a totally different problem. I’d prefer some kind of social solution to this rather than locking someone’s gear…like a rating system that you earn points in that could be used for helping experienced trustworthy players not get stuck with players who habitually join and leave right away.

There should also be a way to leave the queue in the interface if you don’t want to do a dungeon anymore before you get sucked into instance.

1 Like

I think this may be all that’s needed. Most new players that join under the wrong role understand once it’s explained and que up correctly after that run.

No please not that will screw up everything… many are in the midst of something with another class while queueing etc.; we will have even more people ported in with the “wrong” class, this time those who got several classes and weren’t paying attention.
And yes, the option to choose multiple is a must, too, most are capable to play 2 or 3 roles which speeds up waiting.

As others said if anything we need a clearer interface…

I always queue up as all 3 and do whatever it puts me as, whenever there is issues with it being all dps or something I’ll just tank to get the dungeon done even though I prefer dps/healing