Scoundrel Is broken in PvP

Intesting. That is for a Paladin though. Basically the class that is made to absorb 50% damage and have high vitality. Scoundrel can also not insta kill paladin. This means you probably can insta kill a scoundrel and anything else except for maybe barely not Warrior.

focus the scoundrel… most people try to go head to head with him… its not gonna work out

The longer fights would bring healers back in the fight. A good healer and a good dps working together can make it so you can 2 vs 3 or even 2 vs 4. More strategy can come into play. Damage needs to be reduced and I would like to see more cc added to the game.

High vit, yes. I thought they did away with the DR in PVP?

No, they just lowered it.

I get one shot by rangers, but they don’t need a nerf. I can you know, dodge…

Theres at least three classes that can 100-0 you in seconds, maybe we should buff everyone’s vitality in pvp?

Ok, a lot of people here have like 1-3 experiences in the arena and very clearly don’t know what they are talking about. Some bad information going around here.

I can not begin to describe how poorly you must mage in a long distance encounter to lose to a scoundrel. Shame.

Because there is no skill involved. Ok, I planned to one shot someone. Great, it’s guaranteed to happen.

Because Chezil and Rem don’t do that lame isht. However, it happens against us multiple times a game. Doesn’t matter how you play- you don’t go into pvp and haven’t seen how everyone is playing it.

That would not be great, because then everyone is running around 1 shotting everyone else. Not fun. The classes balances aren’t that difficult. It would be easy to not nerf them into the ground. You have no idea what you are talking about.

This is the big fix that mages need. However, a mage can’t get near to one shotting you instantly. A mage’s affliction can get pretty close if a lot of the ticks crit, however there is so much time to kill them as a dps class before that happens. You die very slowly to mages currently.

Rapidity rangers are pretty balanced right now, and not enough precision rangers are good enough for me to say how they should be balanced. Even if they can 1 shot someone - it hasn’t happened to me yet. (They are infinitely easier to dodge than scoundrel and lose their arrow if they miss)

This is still the case, but people probably don’t see it because the only two pallys that are worth a darn are Kamina and Supperhottie (after he learned how to use retribution). Still sucks that they take ages to kill, have so much sustain with their heals, and can waggle you to death in a couple of hits.

1 Like

That is not normal english for me so I have no clue what that sentence was suppose to mean?

But if I understand what your message was to me: you are saying I have no right to give my opinion because I am not a PvP elite (in terms of played PvP a lot in old game and are in a PvP guild) and I am not allowed to use (the harder) part of the class because that is lame? Can’t believe you ment something like that at all. What were you actually trying to say?

3 Likes

This is false information. Mages affliction does not get close to killing, it has 100% kill rate on scoundrels if they don’t get a heal in.

3 Likes

I have a long experience of pvp games I do actually know what I’m talking about. (it seems most of the people who play this are wow players, not me I have played pvp games.) you just seem like you want the scoundrel class to be lowered. I put in my post counters for scoundrel to give some hints on how to fight them. scoundrel needs to have a set up for “1 shot-ing” that being a card that randomly gets picked up. and if you miss you have to fight to win.

The classes balances aren’t that difficult

that is just plain wrong. it is very easy to stop a class being useful through balancing. this happens in a lot of games.

Rapidity rangers are pretty balanced right now,

nope. rangers in general are unbalanced and are no longer a useful class in comparison to the other DPS classes. it need multiple changes, like additional arrow, recharge rate on aoe arrows to be lowered, a lowness arrow (preferably smoke to give it a use.)

you just trying to pic a fight and then say these people have no idea about the game they play. and that’s is just rude.

1 Like

Very toxic and rude response from you as usual…

Yeah of course I can throw up a bunch of afflictions… Doesn’t stop a scoundrel from wrecking from a distance before my spells get a chance to reach them. Needs some balancing.

4 Likes

I think the problem with most people is they cast and just sit there. Mages need to use range to their advantage against a scoundrel. As a mage it is pretty easy to get an affliction on a scoundrel at range and back up and cast and the scoundrel won’t even have a chance. If you are dying as a mage to a scoundrel from long distance, you are doing something wrong.

3 Likes

No, I meant that you aren’t playing in a lame way.(And you don’t have it done to you, because your opponents are probably primarily Chezil and other LC who don’t play that way) You are playing the harder way to use the class, which is great. However, the way you play means that you have no idea the way people are really using the class in BGs. The most common use is to wait until someone is in combat while on your mount. Then rush into the back of their hitbox and squeeze that flame card for a 1 shot.

Of course, it is also easy to ruin the classes. However, it really wouldn’t be that difficult to equalize the over powered classes instead of nerfing them into the ground.

This is accurate @J11, sorry?

no its a trashy toxic response.

I was saying Quick_J’s response was accurate (why it is quoted). And you liked that response…so I’m going to assume you don’t think it is a trashy toxic response.

from the way I have seen people play this class and from how I also play it, this is wrong. I have not seen a scoundrel do this yet, I have seen people team shoot but that’s a normal pvp thing. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but I am saying that I haven’t seen it yet. thay mostly fight in a varying stile and a lot have there own way of fighting.

I think it would be nice if we could see what card was loaded up on the Scoundrel.

I think Rangers are well placed for a few changes.

First among them would be some sort of mobility option like Paladins have. They have an empty off hand now, and it could be put to use with a “roll” or “jump” that would move you without stamina use.

Besides that, a missed special arrow should recharge at least twice as fast. Forgiving seems to be the name of the game now and missing your poison arrow in any context is punishing. No other class is so thoroughly punished for such an easy mistake.

3 Likes

And this is why I’m saying you don’t know what you are talking about in the context of should the Scoundrel be nerfed in Orbus BGs. You haven’t played enough to see how it is being used by a majority of players. Seeing as several of the LC players have played well over a hundred BGs - I do think we have a better idea of what is happening than players that have played a handful of matches.

And sorry, I meant rangers are at a good spot for other classes to be balanced around. Shiki does extremely well. Other classes are more powerful and should be brought in line with the ranger.

I have played a lot of battle grounds not as many as LC but Im not one of the players in this game who only does pvp. (thay always have pvp on and do a lot of battle grounds that’s what is ment by this.) and I do know what I’m talking about. but you’re acting like an elitist saying “I know best and the rest of you are idiots.” and that’s the issue. you need to get one set up for this and if it goes wrong you need to play the class normally, mabey the one card could use a minor debuff but not the class.

ok I can some what agree with this in part, but there is a lot to work on with ranger and from my experience It is not as effective as most of the other classes.