The problem with raid legendary drops

Unlike the old Orbus where you could get a legendary weapon drop from the bosses (which not everyone had after months of clearing anyway)… In The new raid you can only get a legendary weapon drop from boss 5 with a chance once per week.

Unless the chance has been increased x 5 than old raids, then the chance of getting a legendary weapon is ridiculously rare… This basically means the lucky person who gets the drop is going to be way above everyone else in DPS for a long long time (by 5% roughly).

I think that is bad…

My recommendation would be to make it so that after clearing for 15 weeks (getting 15 tokens) you can trade that in for a legendary weapon AND increase legendary weapon drop rate considering that you only have a chance from 1 boss. (consider that 15 weeks would probably be close to the next content lol).

6 Likes

Not meaning to piggyback on this, the token idea is good, but the chance for random gear “once a week” SHOULD go as well.
Every single time you down a boss you should have a chance for random gear, including legendaries in hm. The chances are low enough, it wouldn’t hurt anyone. I did not even know about that restriction and now that someone told me I don’t even bother to raid twice a week… what for. I get nothing for that, not even a - really low - chance for a random drop on the main class I play.

The incentives to raid more than once a week (for the token) are zero.

There are 8 classes, 40 different gear items (btw so far I got the same helmet twice, yey… 10-20h of raiding in, with betas), how many years is someone supposed to raid who seriously goes for all transmogs?

2 Likes

The token vendor should have something which takes a long time to get… A legendary weapon would do that but also maybe some raid vendor only dyes or being able to buy the mini-pet from the vendor too? something like this.

Would the chance per week on a weapon not be the same in this game as old game was?

no the old game had a chance of a weapon drop on any boss. 5 chances per week.

Ya but the chance was shared over 5 different items. Not only weapon.

pretty certain that that is not how the drop chance works. Pretty certain that each individual item has a chance of ‘rolling’ itself on to the drop table.

1 Like

Would that not mean that the chance of all the stuff in the current raids to drop would be waaaay lower then in the old game? I notice an even higher drop chance then in the old game.

So lets say 5 bosses all get 5% drop in new game.

Then it must have been 5% drop on anything in old game. Which means in old game it was 1% chance for a weapon for killing 1 boss. Which were also slower fights.

I would guess that drop chance on armor equipment has not changed or been scaled appropriately.

Anyway… Speculating at details we do not know isn’t really going to help us… Let me reclarify:

Problem:
As an end game player seeking rewards from clearing content every single week I want to be able to reap those rewards for certain before the next progressive content patch so that I do not get demotivated and quit the game.

A potential solution:
After clearing for 15 weeks (getting 15 tokens) you can trade that in for a legendary weapon AND increase the chance of a legendary weapon drop rate considering that you only have a chance from 1 boss.

2 Likes

i REALLY dislike this new drop/token system for the raids, i can understand it that they dont want us to just do one single boss each week like some did with boss 1 in Oldbus, and just be lucky and get a t14 (legendary)weapon, with always felt unrewarded.
But this system is just shit, im serioulsy have NO fun at raids atm, dont even want to do boss 1-4…

1 Like

@AcaviGER how would you change the system to make it feel more rewarding?

idk, in oldbus boss 1 and 2 were pretty easy to do, so there i would have said just let weapons be dopable from boss 3-5, which was more difficult to do and needed more coordination of the players. In this raid i have not much done with tactics to tell which is the easiest, but only boss 5 drops weapon, that makes me and some other players just want to do boss 5 for now

I guess then another question stands:

why dont you want to do bosses 1-4?

I can hypothesize some answers you might come up with:

• Armor gear is not that relevant for DPS classes after a certain point as if you fail, you get 1 shot anyway.
  • Armor transmog gear isn’t that exciting
  • The boss fights are not exciting enough
  • Not enough ‘extras’ drop from those bosses (barely any interesting dyes. Why no major purple? Why another pumpkin dye really? lol)

Those are the main points I can imagine.

1 Like

yep this are exactly the points.

• i would still want the gar for stats but honestly, why at this point? not really a big reason for dps
  • THE GEAR LOOKS SHIT. Seriously, look at the Gear in the old Game… This (hardmode) Gear should be the last Gear you get in the Game/or the hardest to get. And then look like this? #dildohelmet … nope just NO
  • Yeahhh why these colors… the Orange is ALMOST the same as we had before. The Purple/Pink Accent is just darker, thats it. Nothing special here to get, also not Pet only the Mount from Boss 5, wich ppl want to do anyway
2 Likes

I actually have no issue with the current token system
I guess the dyes/transmogs are ugly and I know I will eventually get a legendary +5
But I have the pet and the awesome mount to pray for too

Well that is why i bring it up now… You might not get a legendary +5 weapon… Even by the end of orig orbus some of our core players in original raid STILL did not have a max rank legendary weapon… Which is obviously fucked up… After killing the hardest content in the game 15+ times you would expect they would get a legendary weapon… There needs to be some progression can-always-have-a-way to get an item… Not complete dice rolling. Its the same reason so many people complained about mini-pets in original too… Same mistake has been made yet again…

3 Likes

There are a couple of things that can be done to make armour more important for DPS classes, as right now there is only a very little DPS increase from our armour which comes from affixes, we could stay with our current perfect rolled gear over getting these “top tier” drops from hardmode and it wouldn’t really matter

• Set bonuses on armour - could be straight stat upgrade for 2 parts of the set and 4 parts could add something to the class like an extra ability or proc on certain action/ability to slightly change how to class works to increase DPS for each class (or HPS for healers)
  • Add DPS stats to armour - DPS classes don’t care about defence/vitality, once they have some, it doesn’t matter if they get the stat higher from infusing, if the gear also had Int/Str/Crit/Wis/Luck/Speed it would be more important for the DPS to get the upgrades - only tanks need armour from raids right now

Hardmode gear should look better, even if it’s different a different accent or a few extra spikes or some of that arcane looking stuff which is on the old legendary sword, hell some glowing effects would be nice… With the gold foil it makes it look less unique as you can’t see peoples dyes properly anymore which is a real bummer

Having trash that drop nothing, doesn’t give exp, is just a time waste and is annoying, having them drop stuff would be better too

I agree that the dyes are nothing special just same as what we have, potato made a good chart of what is missing, though I don’t think just dyes is enough of a motivator when it comes to more reasons to kill bosses, people used to get really annoyed at getting dyes instead of drops on bosses before in oldbus, especially as they had 2 yellow accents and a red accent as the dye drops, like, why… 2 yellows…

It would be good if hardmode bosses had a chance to drop mini versions of themselves as pets, like how boss 4 normal mode drops boss 5 pet, this would be a huge motivator to kill hardmode bosses 1-4

6 Likes

On the topic of not wanting to do any bosses, yea the armor is shit. For pally the helmet is so stupid I have to keep it on me as a funny gag, the chestplate looks like a wife beater(no actual armor, just a shirt) the shoulders look like leveling armor, and the gloves are just gloves. Old ranger hard mode armror was better tank armor

2 Likes

I think we derailed this a little bit. Yes armor looks uninteresting right now. I was originally

referring to the issue of not being able to guarantee that you can deal 5% more damage in a raid originally because it is complete RNG as to whether or not you get a legendary and has nothing to do with progress right now.

I’d like to see Legendaries rewarded from long ass raid and shard dungeon related questlines that takes many many boss kills for both shards and raid and months of work so it’s not just boring tokens or shit RNG based but something you work for so they feel legendary

And I don’t mean have it so you need to kill 30 of each boss and can do it in a few days like the tradu cape quest line (though I did love that quest/cape) have it gated by the weekly reset and have multiple stages of the quest line so it’s not all over fast, give us something to progress through, a reason to keep coming back to do more

1 Like