Trickster Goblin Day 2 Discussion

weird right?

We have less than 20 members including inactive players… if larger guilds wanted they could easily outnumber us but the problem is that we’re pretty much the only dedicated pvp guild so nobody actually tries to.

I never said your experience was inaccurate. Your report on the numbers of people attending are inaccurate. You under count your own group and over estimate ours consistently. That has nothing to do with you experience. That is just laziness or pushing a narrative. I can’t tell which it is. We aren’t killing off the game. You like to talk a lot about the solo and new players but your perspective is about the furthest from those people out of anyone here. Let that part of the community speak for themselves.

very few of our members are actually interested in PVP and simply don’t want to fight other players, compared to you guys whos main focus is pvp you can much easier get big groups together.

you are…abc? Rickness, Potato*, Landru, Cam, SuperHottie, Burn…etc They like pvp do they just not like doing it with you guys? lol.

oh thats you lol! srry my guy.

Also Arthanos

rickness and landru aren’t all that interested in pvp(from my understanding at least, superhottie and arthanos aren’t that active anymore and me, cam, J and burn never seem to be on at the same time :sweat_smile:

the little non-abc specific pvp group J started does seem to be growing slowly tho, so just you wait, we’ll get those tokens one day

That’s the spirit! I look forward to it.

I am getting really tired of the ‘your guild is bigger’ narrative. China is bigger than Germany it doesn’t mean they beat them at football. its because a large amount of China don’t care to play football of course just as a large amount of Alphabet do not care to PvP. This conversation has nothing to do with Alphabet… It has everything to do with everyone else in the community who wants to PvP though.

Using black and white narrative to describe considerably more complex scenarios does not make you look smarter. I would stop doing that.

I don’t think the rough count matters at all that much. its a ball park figure. Generally if your team is more than 30% of the overall players then I think thats where the monopoly continues. so far that has been the case every time… Its neither laziness OR pushing the narrative… its just hard to count correctly sometimes as we saw with my conversation with gundrakk where we aligned on the number of people… no big deal + or - 1.

Again… not sure what point you are trying to make with this?

No offense but… Why do you think I keep trying to bring this thread back on topic to trickster goblin experiences. If no one is posting their experience except me and your team, then it is quite clear that nobody gives AF about the trickster goblin or nobody is attending. I can tell you based upon the number of players I have seen at the goblin that the number of attendees is extremely low and we should be honest with ourselves about that.

Yes. exactly. The trickster goblin is basically a loot pinyata with some added fly swatting for your team right now. A nice kids birthday party for you. Cake everytime and a goodie bag at the end.

Everyone else are the kids who go home because they ran out of party bags and got the pinyata sweets stolen by the big kids.

Attitude like this is just toxic man… I am getting really burn’t out trying to help constructively gather feedback on this topic and I am get closer and closer to just giving up so you guys can have your loot pinyata.

I was at Hulthines today, for the first time (of course with pvp off!) to see the Goblin and watch lots of people fight grimly, blood spilled over a screaming goblin in agony and all that! Then there were 10 people of one guild standing around and talking instead, then goin away in a caravan :slight_smile:

Delightfulness rating: 1… :smiley:

PS: No seriously, I got no solution, there is one pvp guild and it’s pretty clear the event turns out like that. However, if the goblin spawns really, really often it is less likely the monopoly will persist, it simply becomes boring and tedious to catch it every time. Perhaps a higher frequency changes alot.

2 Likes

Probably yeah. There has been a few strong reasonable solutions suggested that make perfect sense.

The reason why the goblin spawn time was set randomly at the start was exactly because of this reason that everyone complained about with the last trickster chest. Unfortunately the mechanics were changed after only 2 rounds. One where everyone was checking out the raid content and the second one just was a dead experience because of the randomness of the goblin spawn location… Basically no where near a statistically significant enough test to know if that actually would or would not have worked…

We sat under neith the beacon with the tokens until the beacon had disappeared and saw no one with pvp on the whole time.(and it was 6 not 10)
And the reason China has a larger population but doesn’t win in football is because there is a set limit to how many people on a team, unlike what is happening right now. The only reason we are a monopoly is because no one tries which is no ones fault but the players

You are right. It is the players fault… Not the fault of the ones who do not want to attend though. This ‘winning psychology’ lead mistake is simply a side effect of the rules of engagement… Which need to be changed so that the players cannot make that mistake.

What does it say about the game mechanics if nobody wants to attend even after mechanic changes? Ill get some people together for the next one… But if there is going to be 10 LC guys there is it even worth me bothering?

So ur saying we should purposefully hinder ourselves because other people don’t want to try? In the old game entire friend groups were formed off of trying to beat us, just ask peener.

Erm no thats not what you quoted at all. You actually quoted

The rules of engagement need to be changed so that players cannot make the mistake. It is totally acceptable that if you can take advantage of the rules of engagement to win, that you do that…

We don’t need statistics, we have experiential observation. Everyone hated waiting possibly 2 hours for an event they might not even be able to meaningfully compete in. That wasn’t going to change with more data points.

I wasn’t trying to look smart, I was just sharing my experience, as as such it is beyond refutation

What even are these rules of engagement. It’s over world pvp there are no rules to be taken advantage of

Sure here are some examples of ‘rules of engagement’.

• The team size can be as large as you want
  • The Goblin can spawn anywhere
  • The Goblin spawns at exactly every 4 hours with a 5 minute warning
  • You must be in PvP to compete
  • etc etc…

Maybe I misunderstood then thats fair. I am not very good at reading sarcasm or anything on forums so maybe if you can explain your experience a bit more clearly for me. Sorry if I misunderstood.

It doesn’t really matter what rules get changed, it’s obvious the most skilled pvp group will win a pvp event… and unlike battlegrounds you can’t split them in the overworld so there’s really not much that can be done to stop LC from winning other than more people getting more interested and better at pvp.

The latest change so far affected nothing other than giving us more daily tokens.