A message to the devs

If this is happening, you are doing something horribly, HORRIBLY, wrong. Here’s a video of me with a beginner wand, left handed, no armor, and purposely casting slow.

I still kill it with room to spare. You are so far removed from the truth that I’m just going to dismiss everything else you say as hyperbole.

2 Likes

You clearly have not played these classes. Bard especially is INCREDIBLY easy to play alone. Seen here by me taking on five or so enemies at once, as a Bard, with NO issue whatsoever.

Or here when I solo the Lich King as a Bard.

2 Likes

I agree with several things you said but you are very far off with how intense level scaling is

I feel like everyone in this thread is missing the forest for the trees in OP’s post.

4 Likes

Have to agree, a vast amount of information he posted strongly resonates with my opinion of the game. OP hits on many major flaws. However it gets a bit boring and a waste of time to be a broken record with the various glaring issues. Just deleted like a small essay on the various problems lol.

Any problem on Orbus can almost be summarized as bones with no meat, and lack of visceral gameplay (like a good melee combat system, or fun guns, or enemies with strengths&weaknesses etc). Shaman may be the best example of this, throw totems onto 1 spot and spam grip key. I agree with most things OP wrote but yes you shouldn’t be dying. Wind bolts/death-explosion/smash will kill someone not paying attention though. Level scaling is dumb. As for kill speed they are clearly a loser, but that may be somewhat understandable. The crime is that they are not fun or interesting at all, the xylophone also looks terrible and is a bad choice overall. Bard should have never been created. Musky gameplay is literally about waiting for long cooldowns and aoeing mass mobs to be effective, shaman(spamming short cooldowns) /scoundrel(managing cooldowns), and pally also very super slow waiting for charges to do any real dps. No -natural- enemy weak spots(not ranger stuff), slow walking, low base damage without abilities, combo reliant, etc… Pally/Shaman/Scoundrel were huge letdowns, not that warrior was better (ranger is borderline o-kay because shooting a bow is fun but it’s missing a lot). VR Physics combat have a clear advantage but mobs in this game for example don’t even attempt to block warrior swings (or at least certain mobs). Fighting is statically spamming wound to match a learned, unnatural hitbox, maybe a provoke here and there, while doing low base damage. I’ll stop before I mega-rant again lol. Everything but runemage has been done 1000x better somewhere else. Except for bard, because nobody has done bard but that’s probably for a good reason. I have difficulty even thinking of what a good VR bard might look like without full finger and hand tracking, unless the instrument was a tool and their main weapon was actual weapons like swords. Plus, a xylophone? ugh.

I have a lot of respect for Orbus and the challenges it’s been through, but even with it’s built-in weaknesses much of the gameplay could be salvaged, but it’s not been despite many suggestion threads on ways to exactly do that. Quality over quantity always. In some ways they’ve been producing quantity that could be smooshed into quality instead but separate two ideas that should be connected, and it’s weird and painful to see. Some of the most basic examples: Alchemy overleveling bonuses and alchemy. Less dye loot, more dye crafting. Tinkering and house system to build alchemy table, etc… or use dram to buy a tradeable alchemy table from players. Scoundrel and musketeer. Shaman and Paladin. Warrior and ranger. Axe-throwing berserker and warrior + the bard’s stick throwing capability (rather than hitting red dots…). The dev’s seem afraid or uninterested in just totally changing some of the poorer underlying aspects of the game because they are so core to the game. As new ideas are implemented, they are not often tied in with the older content. Look at how drastically WoW, for example, changed it’s combat and classes? Talent systems completely reworked. With some community communication, they could easily afford to make large changes to the core of the game with support. If they do it at the drop of the hat then some rage may be expected since the game is released, technically.

Here’s what I see when I watch bard gameplay. Heavy music accentuates the lameness. Not taking a jab at you Meeshka lol just available footage.

Also to OP, if it’s not clear, there are only two major reasons the population has recently shot up, and three minor reasons. Firstly, coronavirus. Secondly, price-point lowered. The three minor factors are half-life alyx drawing a wave of attention to VR, the spring event, and the upcoming mini dlc (calling it what it is). We’ll also be entering summer soon, so more (mostly) kids can be expected to be seen. Orbus could have not asked for anything better than a highly infectious global pandemic right now lol, and it’s cheap enough to say “what the heck” to and play for awhile until interest is lost. It will be interesting to see how long this will hold which will vary on the amount of incoming players over time. It could be awhile, but hard to say without thinking a lot about it. This would be a potentially valuable time to capitalize on the number of players and instill faith and hope in them, though I am sure many are looking forward to additional new releases by competitors.

I mini-ranted :slight_smile: but this is tiny to what I wrote from the beginning lol.

4 Likes

I wasn’t going to post here because I feel like it’s all been said before from all points of view but here I am anyway, because even though I don’t play the game even close to the amount I used to, I still want to see it do well.

I’m not going to start listing the things “wrong” with reborn because by now I think we all know how people feel about most things on the subject and it’s all been covered over and over again from all angles.

I will keep posting suggestions which I think will improve the game and I will continue to report every problem that I run into while I play, as I feel everyone should, I think the community this game has is one of the best I’ve been apart of, and sadly since Riley stopped showing up on forums I feel like the Dev interaction on the forums has become a lot worse and I hope that it changes.

That being said, it’s good to see the progress on the bug fixes and the effort going into it, yes there are a lot of bugs and issues, but now there is a report tool which we never had and they are now tracking errors on the server which they never did before which is leading to fixes that we wouldn’t have gotten if they didn’t put that effort in, so for that, I’m thankful

What I’m most interested in right now is what the Dev’s future plans are for after the release of the DLC, will the focus still be on pushing more new content or will they be willing to re-look at some of the current stuff in the game and add more depth to it? Fix classes?

Honestly it would be nice if we could get some sort of AMA from the Dev team, cause I know I could sit here all night and ask questions and I doubt I’m the only one, I think Riley did it for us once on the forums and once in game leading up to reborn, so how about it @Mathieu_D could you make something like that happen?

Also there was a survey quite some time ago, I’ve always wondered what the results of that looked like, I doubt we’ll ever see them, but with the DLC on it’s way Q2 2020 (which is basically any time now) will there be another survey coming too?

1 Like

Sorry, I must at least say something here. I am from OG Orbus and I played for more thank 2000 hours. I am a shaman and it is honestly an amazing class once you see it from the proper angles. I hit 60-70k dps and I must treat the class differently so that I do not die. It is a really different fight and not just spamming the grip button. Bard has amazing heals and if you know how to play it properly, you can outheal the musketeer. Again, it is played differently and it is my second favorite class. The Paladin, FINALLY a class that is fun to play and almost anyone can learn and use as a tank. I am by no means a good tank, but I am way better at it when compared to warrior. Plus it’s a lot more fun! What I like most about these classes is that it brought alot of fun back into the game and allowed one like me to learn about the game mechanics as there is a lot going on and it takes time to differentiate between everything (especially when it’s your first mmo). As a result, becoming a much better player is the side effect. Thank you Orbus for these classes and I wouldn’t want them to go away any time soon!

Shaman is literally just spamming the grip button. I don’t know what you have to treat differently about the class besides the fact that you have to stand close to the mob you’re fighting. 60-70k dps is way more than shamans deserve imo.

If that’s all you do then I can see how you can hate it.

What else it there to do? Responses like that will never get your point across.

I also am from preborn and have numerous hours, so it doesn’t really matter. My opinion about shaman and especially paladin remains completely unchanged. I’m glad you enjoy them but they are too low quality for me to enjoy. I mean that in the most sincere voice that is possible to express in words online. It’s not hate-speech against Orbus, I think the quality of the classes are extremely poor. My comments on DPS referred to bard solo play, primarily. It’s well known shamans can pull tons of damage while doing very little.

2 Likes

I don’t do very little, you played with very lazy shamans apparently!

I’m not saying you do very little. I am saying Shamans can do very little and achieve high damage.

1 Like

I still disagree, it’s a fine art to get the tilesets all right and all the affixes all right along with the right mix of totems to achieve max damage, not just anyone knows how to do that.

Those are game mechanics, not class mechanics. Shaman can pump out a stupid amount of damage with very little effort put in.

Edit: all that information is available on the wiki anyways, so literally anyone can do that if they are provided the link

1 Like

You are free to disagree. I don’t even care about that, but the dryness of the class is my main emphasis. Feel free to believe there is more to shaman than throwing a totem down when ur lightning doesn’t crit, or the occasional repositioning / ball-toss rather than “iron-manning” it. Tilesets are also a tragedy in their own in Orbus. Maintaining a tileset on a shaman is barely connected to what makes the class poor.

Thank you Orbus for all these amazing classes! (And Rupert!)

2 Likes

Not going to lie, you’re extremely biased lol Take yourself out of fanboy position for a moment and ACTUALLY examine the game. Aside from it being in VR this really is truly a sub par MMO for today’s standards. That is not a bad thing. I still find it entertaining enough to keep playing. To say the classes are something to behold is just a lie. They’re fun but far from perfect. If this were a flat screen game it would be a flop mainstream. Let’s not sugar coat the truth.

That said, people need to stop hating the devs for “not listening to the community.” That’s just stupid. They listen, they respond. They’re more active than a lot of devs I see. So stop being jerks to them. People need to understand how hard creating a game is. Then multiply that by pioneering it into VR . They have done some remarkable things for VR. It’s not easy. . . That’s all I’ve got for that right now lol

6 Likes

I got the game just one week ago. Even if Im completly new to the game I think that the bugs have to be fixed.

Devs I beg you: Please reply and tell us that your going to fix the bugs <3

PS: Im dont want to hate the devs or the game. I love the game and hope it will become what it should be -> The best VR MMO

they are working on them

1 Like