So I posted this^ in a different thread, and it kinda got buried pretty quick after so I figured, I’d start listing some questions and hope for the best
Here’s my 21 questions:
- Will we see graphic improvements for PCVR? Advanced settings? Please don’t let Quest hold PCVR graphics back
- Will you consider adding new overlevel perks? It’s not just about me not having anything to use my unspent points on, but to give us more options to customise our characters to the way we want to play the game, right now, everyone goes for luck 1st, this will change that hopefully, See thread: Overleveling perk points
Will you consider adding new overlevel perks?
Yes, the original 7 were added as the start to the tree. We have been watching the forums, and especially this thread, for ideas on what the players are interested in. One thing to note: as Mathieu said in the above thread, we don’t want these perks to be combat related. We will continue to take player input on what they would like to see added to the tree, and go from there implementing 1-2 new trees to start.
- Do you plan to address the inconsistencies with the rarities of loot, loot beams and such, see Potato’s post: More consistency in "beam" color for chests and lootbags
- What class changes do you have planned? Ranger gunna get some love?
- Will any of the new mobs in the DLC be level 30+ Red star mobs that we can use for the grinder?
Also a quick update as it was asked in one of the previous threads about the MSP but I couldn’t find it right now, yes we have some level 30+ mob packs in the new zones as well for people to use the Grinding Device on.
Just wanted to confirm we would.
- Will the grinder be getting any love anytime soon?
- Can you make the grinder cape drop break down into a shard so it’s not a complete kick in the face to see a purple beam and purple item then it’s a cape that gives you nothing if you’ve had it once before? (same for other capes tbh)
Can you make the capes break down into a shards?
We have always thought of the capes as an achievement slot. There is no way to buy a cape without actually accomplishing that achievement (like killing a World Boss, getting the grinder tool cape, finishing the MSQ in game, etc.) and as such we drop capes off of these activities at a higher rate then we do other items, sometimes up to a 100% drop rate, to ensure that players that want that cape to show off their achievement can get it their first time without having to farm over and over. This would prove to be a problem if they were able to be broken down into shards, which can then be sold/traded, as we would need to restrict their drop rates then.
- Can we get Aberration like elite mobs to fight? Something that would be aimed at doing solo or with 2 or 3 players rather than a 5 man group
- Are you sick of reading my questions yet?
- Do you have any plans for Tinkering to be more useful? (maybe a wrist slot item?)
Do you have any plans for Tinkering to be more useful?
Yes. While I think the Tinkering class is already useful in the fact that it’s a new crafting system to the game and players can create and decorate furniture in their house with the items they make, I think this question was more about wanting to make more usable items that can be put to work in the gameworld. So the simple answer is yes. We do have some new Tinkerer items in the works that are more than furniture pieces and will tie into the above question about the economy and dram, but it’s still being kicked around internally on exactly how we want to do this, so look for more information/discussions on this in the coming months.
- You ever going to do something with that wrist slot?
- Combat logs… Any plans for improving them?
- Any plans to add more stuff to the API?
- Are you aware only 2 of the 3 world bosses show up on the API? It seems like something that should be easy to fix and I’ve brought it up before but it never did get fixed
- What is your favourite thing about reborn? (not all my questions are bad)
- Fellowship chest permissions still coming?
- Dram, what’s the deal? There is so much dram and resources coming in, all the time, but not really much going out, any plans to fix that? I can’t even use my mass amount of dram to buy legendary overworld drops, because no one cares about dram, even after almost a year of reborn I’ve been unable to buy one of these overworld drops
How can you fix the surplus of dram?
Working on the economy is something that is and has been at the front of my mind for a while. While I don’t think there is any one one thing that we can do to turn the economy around to make players want to spend the dram they currently have, or to make players that currently have no reason to go farm materials/monsters for dram to do this activity, we are looking at the problem and coming up with solutions internally, and will start communicating these ideas with the community to start this process in the coming months
- Could we get a dram cap increase?
- Will we be able to buy more character slots any time soon? for dram or even real money
Will we be able to buy more character slots any time soon?
Yes, I don’t have the specifics on how it will work yet, but this is something that I know the community has been asking for and we will schedule time to implement.
- Can you add a sound for when the dungeon or battleground queue pops up? I’ve missed it sooooooooo many times while on the forums
- What’s the thing you’re most excited about that will be added to the game?
What’s the thing you’re most excited about that will be added to the game?
I think that I have two things I’m really excited about (well more then that, but I’ll limit it to 2). The first is the boss fight coming out in the Mini Story Pack. I think that the art team did a really great job on the level design and the overall feeling of the level. This, along with the fight itself, and especially one part of the fight: the first time I had play-tested it with the team, I got the same giddy feeling I can remember from way back the first time I used the Fire arrow during our original testing and seeing the Rain of Fire come down. So I really hope, and think, that the community will enjoy the questing dungeon overall and the boss fight, even if it’s different from what we are used to in the game currently.
The second thing I’m really excited about is bringing some of the new MSP mechanics into the overworld, like the Treasure Hunt. I think this is a great system that has been fun to play test, and will lend itself really well to adding new places to explore to the current zones that maybe players haven’t ventured to yet. The exploration, along with this being a consumable that has an expiration time to it, makes me also hope that this will be a hotly traded item between friends, fellowships, and the Auction House.
One more thing I’m excited for (so 3 things I guess) is the upcoming Raid we’re going to be releasing to the game (in the future after the MSP). While we haven’t talked about about it much yet, the terrain and level are really great, along with I think a good feeling of completion when killing one of the bosses. (If you have been playing through the MSQ and also the Lore missions from the Reputation NPCs, I think you will have a good idea of who I’m referring to.)
Edit: added in answers to questions