A Piece Of Me Feels Cheated

There is all sorts of bugs in both games that could get fixed on either side. Should’ve built off the OG rather than do Reborn. I’m sorry but if you want to sculpt a whole world from scratch it takes creativity, and as we can tell from the mobs and little details on the overworld they didn’t put many hours into artwork. @Riley_D said they only have (x) amount of artwork time if they want us to do finish the rest blah blah blah. Then duh create more time. Shift Focus. Maybe should have held off on the release instead of pushing it out so rushed and fast. Artwork needs some severe improvement on Reborn.

Where are the fields of purple flowers in lamavora?

Where is all the tall grass in the rainforest?

Did Patraeyl get a freakin lawn mower?

Where is all the little noises of nature and the world to help you get immersed?

Why Would you make all the mobs the EXACT same?

Where’s the desert?

Where’s Frosted Spit?

Where’s the Wilds?

The aberrations?

The MSQ was just far better in OG compared to reborn. There was an actual story and it was very interesting and I felt like a hero of Patraeyl and part of the war. Why was Reborns MAIN STORY QUEST flat and boring and just has no depth whatsoever.

What happened to the lizard people?

What happened to the snowy people?

What happened to the snakes, cactus people, wyverns, pyramid heads, manticores?

The burning forest?

I’d like to see a new hidden class like how Mage used to be.

Where is the Hotsprings and village on top of the mountain in lamavora?

I can keep going on and on.

2 Likes

IMO if they just added the trickster chest back in, and the old expert raid, and changed it so paladins cant run away when in combat so easily. That would be good enough for me, but I have come to the realization that they wont.

The last thing I can do here is ask my wall to do it, ill let you know how that goes.

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed the MSQ of reborn. Look man, you don’t like reborn that’s fine. But not a single one of these "reborn sucks"threads accomplish anything. Preborn was released as early access, and they were quite open about that fact. Of course there were going to be changes. You fell in love with an unfinished game that wasn’t the devs’ vision. They kept working on the game to fall more in line with how they wanted the game to be. There’s been a huge influx of newer players, and I don’t remember seeing a boom like this in early access. What they’re doing is working. You don’t have to like it, but telling the devs that they should have done XYZ when you’re not on the dev team and don’t know what their vision is , telling them they’re not creative after they created the first ever room scale vrmmorpg, just comes across as whining.

5 Likes

Let’s at least try to keep it civil ok? :3 No need to have every pre-born post derail into hatred

I don’t think calling all of the threads like this just “reborn sucks threads” is a smart or right thing, the people making them have a genuine grievance with reborn from things like “I didn’t pay for reborn I payed for old orbus” to “its just not as fun as old orbus.” Mofran put an apt description of it being that

it sums it up a lot

to try answer mofrans things

one of the reasons I guess for this would be so that it can be played on the quest and for the zones to be smaller so they take less processing to help with the crashing issues. the quest will crash if there are too many things on screen at once so say some one with a quest were to go to the purple flower field the game may not be playable.

2 Likes

Pre-born playes have fond memories of pre-born, certainly not the first time people miss the old days. Old-school runescape is a thing for that reason, people don’t like Runescape 3 and play the OG.

This is the same case, where players want OG. It isn’t unheard of to want either.

The analogy is flawed. The game in Preborn was Early Access. It’s more akin to buying a gold ring and the seller says “hey by the way, this ring isn’t going to be this ring for long. It’s going to change into something else soon. It’ll still be similar to a gold ring, but it may be a gold necklace or a silver ring, I’m not sure yet”, and then getting upset when it changes.

Preborn was not sold as a finished game. Things were going to change, it wasn’t hidden, and now people are upset that things changed. I understand feeling that the previous iteration of the game was better/more fun (I terribly miss the burning forest and Lucian plains), but saying you feel cheated because the devs did what they said they were going to do is not fair to the devs.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with op!!!

1 Like

I’m simply fighting for Reborn to be as great as it was meant to be. Right now it’s a half assed done game. The game right now is at its “cheapest” or “basic” state. It’s like they put in as little effort as they had to in order for it to sell and appeal to a majority.

2 Likes

Seriously? The first ever game of its kind, a revolutionary spell casting system, all done with what, 5 devs on a Kickstarter budget? This isn’t some AAA studio with millions of dollars and a crack team of dozens to put it all together. This is a guy who ran a successful free tabletop website that wanted to create a cool game and grabbed a couple of people to help him. Give them some credit instead of crapping all over their hard work.

4 Likes

I’ve literally never denied that they accomplished that? I understand that they aren’t a AAA studio. However it doesn’t change the fact they could’ve put more time to complete the game rather than rushing as I said before a half assed game in comparison to its original version. They took fully made and detailed assets to replace it all with half ass copies of the originals anyway. If they weren’t willing to go all the way and put the amount of hours it takes into artwork to get a good detailed game then why did they step away from prebuilt assets? To put out a cheaper made version of the same game.

Just to be clear I hope I’m not offending you. Mishka you’ve been in Orbus longer than me I believe so you know exactly what I’m missing in this game. Just know I love this game a lot and is why I continue fighting for what I’d like to see make its return.

1 Like

Nah, you’re not offending me amigo. I’m just tired of all the hate the devs are getting lately. It really feels like people are looking for things to diss on rather than looking at the cool things this game offers.

2 Likes

A “things reborn gets mostly right” that weren’t in the old game might make for an interesting thread. There’s some things I’d like to see from Oldbus too, but these current threads are getting kind of played out.

Especially, since the devs said they’re open to ideas about bringing content from the old game into the reborn world, just not interested in making ‘OG orbus servers’ essentially.

1 Like

And many of us have mentioned many things including myself obviously. I even linked a few post above from other players. Many and many things have been asked for and I have yet to see any response from any dev on any idea. It’s been quite a while since they stated that as well so what’s up? Was it just a diversion to change the flow of the topic? Bc we immediately responded to what they asked of us. I’ve said several times I’m looking for their acknowledgement of these ideas and what they will consider and won’t bc I’m sure there are some things they just don’t want to return like the old school teleport where you could troll like no other and the light spell sticking and more. Like they clearly never want noises on the firework spell again.

The highly anticipated wall update has arrived and…

wall

The wall had no comment

1 Like

Roll 20 isnt free! Maybe free as a player but cost to be a dm. They made good money on the sale of Orbus and the in game store. I love roll 20 btw great game system great job devs.

I don’t know, I DM’d for four years for free on Roll20, not sure where you’re getting your info lol

Click on the marketplace on roll 20 items from $5.00 to $50.00 for sale there. Roll 20 is a great idea and I am sure made money.

You’re aware you can upload your own tokens, right? I mean, I did pay for a subscription, but that was after four years of playing and DMing completely free. Paying for R20 was completely optional.