A question for anyone

What are some rules players follow that aren’t actually official rules.

Always say thank you when someone picks your backbug off!

2 Likes

But they do it behind your back!!!

2 Likes

Thank Rupert.

Blame Riley for everything.

Complain about prices in the market.

Do not listen to the Guild City Gazette.

Listen to the Highsteppe Press.

Keep your kneecaps safe.

Wonder if Mishka has a video for that.

3 Likes

apparently no pvp at world boss events was/is one (learned the hard way lol)

2 Likes

Ha! I never wonder. Mishka has a video for everything.

3 Likes

I agree with this

1 Like

Making fun of peoples DPS in game I know someone who has done a lot of that and didn’t learn it was a rule till recently

thats not a rule lol its just common human decency.

2 Likes

Say hello to green leaf players. Never walk off without explanation if a friend talks to you.

2 Likes

I’d say the rule is to NOT make fun of other players’ dps. Unless you’re good friends and both understand it’s friendly ribbing, this isn’t cool.

3 Likes

And if a green leaf comes up to you with a question, answer it.

3 Likes

Actual rule according to the devs

found at:

4 Likes

Give new players trash dragons you have to start them off

1 Like

Remember every player paid for their copy of the game. Don’t be telling people how to play it, unless you’re specifically asked to & even then don’t behave like a know-it-all.

2 Likes

General:

• Help new players figure out where locations/npcs are and help them figure out how to progress/level if they ask
  • Don’t scam new players
  • If someone is teaching, do not try to overly insert yourself or steal their students, even if you think you could do it better. If they say something objectively factually incorrect or you have something helpful to say, its okay to interject, but after you make your point they go back to being the teacher.

Dungeons and Raids:

• Give away gear you do not need. If its a legendary or raid armor, its reasonable to ask for reimbursement or give it to the highest bidder.
  • Do not share someone’s parse unless they ask for it
  • Do not sign up for a raid unless you know you can be there for at least an hour without immediately asking the raid leader if that’s okay
  • Pot for raids and 10s and above unless you know it will succeed without them
  • Do not mess around in shards that are important to people even if they are low level by your own standards

Battlegrounds:

• Don’t spawn camp
  • Bow your head and kneel in the presence of pvp warriors. Its disrespectful to look a god in the eyes.

Overworld PVP:

• If a new player is already running around with pvp enabled, killing and looting is fine, but you should not lure/bait new players into turning on pvp or leaving the safe zone in order to take their stuff.
  • Agreements made beforehand about the conditions, stakes, and rules of a dual must be followed
  • Things that basically only hold value to the person you killed like dragons should generally be given back if they ask you to. At worst they should be sold back at a fair price. ransoming is very gray in general though and shouldn’t be done to newer players or exploitatively to take advantage of sentimental attachments.
  • Do not intentionally interfere with duals. If you want to fight, wait until after the dual is over and wait until the other person is ready and full hp. accidents happen sometimes and its not usually safe to check in ambiguous situations, but you should not be doing this on purpose.
  • Don’t be that paladin that tags people for combat and runs away :eyes:
7 Likes

cant agree with this one enough

Dont use heal pots to proc heal tiles

Honestly thats not a terrible idea :thinking:

I think this could maybe work for Precision Rangers

You could use cheep basic ones. I think you might be able to drink the pot between shots. This is probably crazy but worth testing.

1 Like

I never thought of that. Definitely worth trying!