Adding a Auction House!

Would you ever consider adding a Auction house to the game? The market stalls are quite hard to acquire at around 100,000 per being the lowest bid from what I’ve heard, I know you can trade other people to sell&buy from but finding someone to trade for the things you want is VERY hard to do.

People that rent out stall can easily make there money back, A few people I’ve asked they claim to have made 4x plus of what they spend to rent out the stall meaning it would be a lot harder/more time consuming to grind out enough Dram in order for you to have enough Dram to have a chance to out bid them on it. While they can make easier Dram selling Items they farmed and stacking up a nice dram stack for next month.

I understand stalls are also a big dram sink which is quite nice but in this current format there just isn’t enough stalls to go around. If there was a Auction house in a few major settlements would be a really welcomed change, About the dram sink if that’s a issue you can also always place a 5% tax or however high you see fit or and make a item call “Access Ticket” , (I couldn’t think of a better name) These “Access Tickets” would let you use the Auction house for a certain amount of time like a stall while able to list a certain amount of items stacks.

That being said these “Access Tickets” could have bigger and more expensive variants meaning you could list more Items, Pay less tax on item buy out cuts and having access for longer. These should only really be considered if a Dram sink is really needed if not just go with % Tax on item buy outs meaning you sell a sunfish for 100 Dram the tax would take place and remove 5% then you would be left with 95 Dram.

This is only a ruff idea in my head so if you have a better suggestion let me know!

3 Likes

I do like the basic idea, but I don’t agree with the “Access Ticket”, I think everyone should be able to list items, and the time period they want to list the item would have an effect on how high the commission fee is, so for example a 6 hour listing would be 5%, 12 hour listing would be 15%, 24 hour listing 30-40%.

2 Likes

I would love an auction house, would rather have a tax % on all transactions than a buy x amount of sales or w/e

They have never been 100k for a stall. I payed 10k for mine in Guild City.

1 Like

The second lowest in highsteppe this month was 100k so if the current sta owners all bid the same again or more than what they did last time plus new people try to get their 1st stall it’s likely going to be a lot more next time

But Yeah, guild city was cheap this time

5-10% tax on profit that exceeds vendor pricing for 12 hours Auction sounds nice :+1:

Maybe a extra % for each stack of items, thereby limiting someone with too much time to flood the market.

I kind of like how it is now, with the higher level players selling off there treasuers hoards collected from long ago, with no annoying tax that i have to deal with in real life. I like the small stalls… the walls of listed tradable goods in other games that have auction houses just puts me off, and has no midevil feeling. It’s just… to modern.

I’m still waiting for the rainforest stalls to open up for trade and possibly dessert as well? Could take one of those :smile:

1 Like

They had Auction Houses back Roman Empire days, I don’t think it will take away any feel from the game it will just make trading a lot more easier and help stabilise some of the prices of certain items.

They did not have the kilometer long listing of 1000 people adding all there stuff for sale, with time untill expiered ticking down and a bunch of other stuff.

I do play a few MMO games, with auction houses

It’s ok in the futuristic ones… but I don’t like it in the midevil setting

With the small community that Orbus has it won’t be seeing any kilometre long listings, You would end up saving time and effort searching listings on a Auction house then waving to bunch of different stalls and comparing prices! Not to mention there all not in the same Town/city.

That grows fast man… there are plenty of items in the game, just one of each for sale would make it quite a scroll, then add selling in pairs, 10s full stacks, and buying for prices to that. Just every active player adding one or two items a day will give you a 1000 long list in no time

that’s why most of these auction houses can be filtered, like searching for items with prices between x and y, searching for specific item category and so on. Also I don’t think having auction house needs to replace stalls, they could work at the same time. It’s just that there are not too many slots for a stall, so even if there is a guild stall, the one getting the stall will usually cut some percentage to get the new stall, so it’s not much different from the auction houses, but it also means that the “owner” of the said stall won’t make much profit this way. I think it is amazing that they can put out wares to the stalls, but for smaller items that are usually purchased in bulk, auction house would work better (like reagents, ores and herbs)

1 Like

Just going to throw a bump on this thread while the devs are looking at the future road map, in hopes that an auction house makes it onto the new roadmap

1 Like

Rather than having an auction house, they should improve the market stalls to be able to buy materials from other players.

I don’t think anyone is thinking VR-y enough about this. Make it an actual auction to buy items. You’d have to go to the auction house, you get a paddle thing with your number or something and when the item you want comes up you raise your paddle to bid! The auction house would probably need to have several rooms and maybe each room specializes in a different type of item, like fish, potions, dye, materials, etc. I think it’d be a lot more fun to actually be involved in a real auction process than just picking from a menu and putting in a number.

2 Likes

The issue with that is there are 20 stalls meaning only 20 players have the ability to sell items and adding more stalls to other locations will just make it more of a hassle to go each place, Waving at every stall just to compare prices trying to get the best deal for your dram. Having a classic MMO styled Auction house will improve the life’s of everyone that doesn’t have enough yet to rent a stall out, While also saving time of Orbus staff in the long run.

3 Likes

Yup, I have to agree, the stalls are pretty limited, if you don’t have the dram to get one then it can be difficult to get into the market, even if they make it so players with stalls can also put up items they want to buy, it would give them an even bigger control over the market than they already have.

As a stall owner, I would much rather there be an auction house, it doesn’t have to replace the stalls, can work along side them but it would give the playerbase a chance to get into market and sell the goods they have collected but been unable to sell due to not having a stall

1 Like

One of the things I like about the stalls is it is different than most MMO’s. Most of the stalls are empty and are pretty cheap to get into. If you farm any of the low level dungeons for an hour or 2 you would have enough money to buy a stall based on what they have been going for.

There were talks that the devs were going to implement a finder tool for the stalls so you could find what stalls were selling the items you were looking for. There are multiple plans the devs had to make the stalls better that would satisfy a lot of your complaints. Hopefully a lot of this stuff will still get added.

As it stands right now, the Dutch auction system for market stalls makes it so only those who already have a lot of dram are able to compete in the market stall rental for highstepe (the area with much higher player foot traffic). It creates a virtual oligarchy of players whom already have an established wealth. A traditional auction house system would make it so all players from all timezones have a chance at competing in the economy and open the free market for tradable items. Putting it in Guild City would make that space more valuable to set as your player house.

2 Likes

Would be good, especially with a guild city rework still coming up