Adding a Auction House!

I thought I’d mention, I sell a ton of items in Guild City (couple 100k’s every month). If you want to make money you can as the location doesn’t matter, only the uniqueness of your items you are selling compared to neighboring stalls. Any person that spends the $10k to get a guild city stall can make a lot of money. You just have to know what to see. I know other have made good money to in GC selling unique items. I would like to see the rework done for GC in hopes it does bring more people there.

I’m very confident I could start with 0 dram today and have over $1 million dram in 2-3 months depending on how much farming I want to do. My point is anyone can make money with the current system if they want to.

trading in general should be more accessible and transparent. maybe an auction house would help this for sure.

2 Likes

Hexno bangs the nail right on the head, Most people don’t have spare time to Grind/Farm enough Dram to even have a chance at a Highstepps stall. If Orbus gets a population boost this problem will only get worst not better.

1 Like

I believe in even competition and supply and demand.

The current system is, while romantic, heavily prejudiced against newer players as has already been mentioned.

One way to keep the “romantic” feel of the stalls could be that rather than having players rent the stalls, all stalls would be NPC operated. And players would register their goods at the stalls instead as the core mechanic. This would allow equal footing between players new and old, poor and rich.

The system could be further refined by filtering per stall and perhaps a master auctioneer in each settlement at which you could filter through all stalls, and get the stall location and number of your desired item.

To prevent the community becoming “lazy” and just registering everything at one specific stall for ease of use, you could have an item registration fee starting at free and going slowly higher and higher the more total items are registered in a specific stall.

This would ensure an even spread of items and also be a small “per player” based money sink since rich players probably won’t care too much with higher fees on stalls with large amounts of registered goods, while newer and poorer players would look for stalls with less goods to register their items more cheaply or perhaps even for free.

Just an idea :wink:

Edit:
And best of all, something like this shouldn’t be hard to implement either /hint hint devs :wink:

Edit 2:
To prevent the registration fee range to possibly get into silly numbers should a very high amount of items be registered in a stall, the fee range could simply have fixed tiers of fees. As such all that is needed to determine what a registration fee would be at a certain stall would be to internally have a list of all the stalls sorted by lowest to highest amount of items in each. At that point it is easy to assign fees to all the stalls depending on their stock, along with a minimum of x items in stall per fee tier to prevent an “empty” market to demand high fees.

It could be done in a whole lot of other ways that would work just fine as well :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.