Addressing shaman bugs

We’re working on something to address the “losing your totems if you happen to throw it at the same time” thing so that should at least cover totems.

Orbs we’re still investigating, believe me that we’re as frustrated by how hard it is to pinpoint as you are.

2 Likes

also experiencing the totems being thrown and respawning on belt, or disappearing as I hold them. timing is horribly off

Today I ran with lava totem, fire, stun, and lightning. At no point did any of my totems fail to spawn on my belt, and I didn’t notice the orbs messing up either (however, both occurrences are typically rare for me, both usually only occurring 1-3 times during a few hours play session). I noticed I couldn’t hold my lava totem for more than a second before throwing it, lest it would disappear from my hand and reappear on my belt. Even throwing quickly enough from grab to toss, if it landed “too close” to an enemy or seemed to kinda “bounce off”, instead of sticking to the ground like it would have before, it would not land but would indeed instantly reappear on my belt. Ditto with the orb totems I would throw at my feet. I throw them down to where they do not visually overlap, but very very frequently the second and third one would “bounce” (seem to hit something invisible on the way to the ground) and not stick, but instantly reappear on my belt. So, I think it’s pretty great they are very consistently and immediately reappearing on the belt, but it feels a little jarring to watch all four kinda “shift themselves” while all four are still on the belt (maybe that’s what refreshing looks like?) and a little jarring to throw the totems without them sticking like they did before. (Kinda like, “psyche!”) It’s a whole new feeling to throw down the totems. I could likely acclimate, but it feels off compared to before, but at least they immediately respawn :woman_shrugging: Getting the lava totem to 1) get thrown and 2) stick the landing plus getting all three orb totems placed in one attempt felt like a special skill to acquire all on its own.

I may as well chime in. It feels almost as my favourite class in no longer playable with this new bug. It seems every 5 or so seconds all totems are reset to the belt, unless they are on the ground. The problem with this is, I could throw my lava totem out towards an enemy and mid air it gets reset back to my belt. This results in some very frustrating gameplay. Also as it stands, I find shaman to be horrible at solo play. If I try to take on the enemies near old growth, I can only ever take on one at a time. And even then, just the one enemies has killed me. My two other lvl 30s can take multiple, albiet its bard and pally and they have self sustain. But pretty much every other class can effectively farm this area. As a shaman I’m finding I have to wait for my health to get back to full before engaging again. And if I accidentally pull more than one mob, I’m dead. There’s no way I can survive. Most classes can dps down a mob before it gets to them but shaman is such close range there’s no way. It’s really disheartens me from playing the class

1 Like

What about making it a trigger thing, so the player can say “hey, my crap is glitched!”

Trigger pull on both hands (not grip) = reset totems?

You’d have accidental ult casts that way

Ah yeah. Forgot about the shaman ult.

I mean not that the shaman ult is useful or anything

1 Like

Just wanted to update this thread and let you know that we had a discussion about this late last week and in the short-term will be fixing it so that the new fix doesn’t affect you negatively if you’re already holding the totem, and in the long-term I think we’re just going to be re-writing this whole thing so it hopefully fixes all the issues. We’ll keep updating you further as we have more to share.

1 Like

Will it still reset if the totem is midair?

Then the short term fix isn’t really going to fix anything

The short term fix mentioned will address the new issue of force spawning when totems are midair as mentioned by Mathieu a few days ago.

If youre going back and re-writing the grab/throw for the shaman PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure that players have the option to swap between trigger or grip as the main function button.

2 Likes

This seems really silly to me. Do you often throw things with your index finger?

I think it’s more that the vive controller grips are a pain to press

1 Like

It most certainly is. The most striking change when I got my index controllers was how much better it felt to grab my arrows, orbs, ect. Way less wear and tear on my hands.

Have been Shamaning a good amount this week and would like to say I have had the totems always come back. Even though it looked like (not sure) sometimes a totem took longer to respawn then normally. So this brute fix at-least seems to have fixed that. (Orbs are still annoying enough to not respawn often depending on the situation.)

The fix for shaman totems respawning mid-throw or from hand should be in for the next patch as well.

2 Likes

Wondering if anyone is still experiencing issues after patches? Most of my issues have gone away for the most part but not sure if I’m a minority.

1 Like

Totems no longer reset back to belt while holding/throwing them, which is great. I haven’t had any totems not respawn on my belt which is great. But I have still had orbs not spawn on a thrown totem. Doesn’t seem to happen as often, but it does happen