Addressing shaman bugs

This exact same fix was also done in the old Orbus to the musky orb not spawning and ppl got realllly annoyed by it because they always were mistiming their orb grabbing and got their orbs teleported back instead of in their gun.

1 Like

So just to be clear, even before this fix the not-spawning-on-belt bug was very rarely happening, but the “no orb spawning on the totem” bug was happening really frequently?

Yes the orbs not (re)spawning happens very frequent in crowded locations. And will never happen when alone.

For me the totems not coming back was a rare thing. But I do think there were ppl who had it happen often. Don’t know anyone in person though. My experience is orbs not respawning all the time. Totems not showing up a rarity.

Orbs not spawning is most common problem for me totems only every now and then.

If you need someone to test with if you can’t break it yourself I can be available to help.

For me it was the opposite, I would have totems no respawning a lot, very rarely the orbs not respawning, until the patch before this one, which then I had orbs not respawning all the time, I haven’t tested yet this patch

1 Like

My orbs have stopped breaking after update, tested for hour around traders road will test more later in dung. The totems respawning after x amount have time has caused me some issues as Scott mentioned.

Really orbs stopped breaking? They said only totems not respawning should be fixed… @Mithril

I’m doubtful I think maybe it just wasnt populated enough where I was

Used to happen after minutes

Can you guys not like use the unity debugging tool or something like that when it happens and inspect like why it is not there? And then check if it is there on the server side? I really feel like it should not be that impossible of a bug… Unless you guys are not able to cause it yourself ever. Then again make use of a community member who can cause it.

Without getting very technical, as a lot of you have stated many times, this issue really only happens when there are a lot of people around. Seeing that we only have a few devs to test this, so far it has been impossible for us to replicate this in a dev environment (which has a lot of the debugging capabilities that are not available in the live game). Bugs like this can be very hard for a team our size to track down which is why we like to keep you guys involved.

Okay I will try to find a way to cause it more reliably in a more limited controlled environment. So you guys can test it too on the dev server. Like a dungeon group of 5 if that would be not too much people already?

Down to run 5 man shaman dung later lol.

if you can reproduce it reliably inside a dungeon with 5 or even a raid with 10 we should be able to reproduce it on our dev server.

I mean there was once a bug that Riley fixed that caused many players to leave behind a “ghost” which upped player count, so have him artificially make a bunch of those to cause that same lag so u can test

1 Like

This was NOT the case for me. Both stopped working at a very high frequency. Quest user.

Orbs still occasionally stop spawning.

Totems however will respawn on belt while a totem is mid air which completely messes up your flow, timing, and tilesets.

Even if I’m dropping a totem from my belt to the ground one foot below it’ll disappear and respawn on my belt.

I suppose it’s better than what it was but this is hella annoying.

So @Parintachin this actually fixed your totems not respawning is the conclusion?

(Even though this fix is pure bs and makes the class in my opinion even more buggy)

Correct. Fixed totem respawn but not orb (re)spawn.

And I agree the “fix” is total bs and made the class more buggy.

However at least in a boss fight there won’t be situations where the most useful thing I can do for my group is die and be a corpse shield for them.

I haven’t done any shards yet with this patch, just some farming animals in overworld so far, but I’m not sure if this “fix” will be more or less frustrating.

I really wish I liked any of the other classes because I am completely fed up with this busted class.